Anybody thought about a Ruger LCP as a backup gun to their 1911 or whatever? Might be a good underwear gun. :)

http://www.rugerlcp.com/

I thought about buying one to replace my KelTec P32. What stopped me was the fact that my KT has been 100% reliable, I know it will go bang and not jam. This is Ruger's first attempt at a compact semi-auto, whereas KT has been making them for years. They are both about the same size and weight...the Ruger is a slightly more potent .380, but the .32 acp KT has an extra round in the mag so in terms of firepower its a tossup. I'm gonna stick with what I know.

Edited by soberups

I am not sure I trust any of Ruger's new designs. The fiasco with the Ruger SR9 recall is too recent. Ruger should stick to what it knows best, .22 rimfire guns and Colt SA revolver copies. I have tried the Ruger brand for semi-auto centerfire pistols and am less then impressed with their design and handling characteristics. My BUG is a Taurus 85 in .38 Spl.

I've got a GP100 and P95.....both are really great shooters for me. Not impressed with the SR9 nor the LCP designs nor a lot of what i have read about them and some problems over on the ruger forum. so for now....i'll pass on those. that said.....i live in a no carry state, so a primary would be a great first step....getting to a backup gun scenario i'd probably go with a compact 9mm just to carry only one type of ammo.

Can't seem to find one around here. So, for now it's still the P3at.

If ruger were really smart they'd trim down the gp100 and create a new class of 327 pocket pistol.

Intersting to read I'm not the only one that thinks the P95 is a much better gun than the new SR9. I think that ruger has a really big problem with the sr9 recall. Their pistols were never sexy, just plain reliable. Now their reputation for reliability is in question which probably isn't good for their business as a whole. Their rifles aren't known for extreme accuracy, and that market has many new players. Maybe a little more field reliability testing with the Sr9 would have been a good idea in hindsight

Edited by buckandaquarterquarterstaff

for reliable pocket power, gotta roll with the pocket carry .38 or .357's from smith or the kahr MK9 if you must on a pistol, i prefer a revolver for a last ditch effort, nothing to jam, it'll just work, but if you need backup pistol after using up your saiga, your in deep shit ;)

Edited by Vultite

Those PPK's are awesome carry guns. Aside from the (somewhat) low mag capacity, I can't find a single thing wrong with those guns. They shoot great, feel great my hand, the safety is in just the right place, and the hammer is smooth.