GAHHHH 295?!?! you non-californians are lucky!

Got mine for $270 here in the great state of Texas. Why? Cause that's how we do it in Texas :smoke:

Oh and welcome to the darkside....punch will be served! :ph34r:

Edited by Drusagas

Hi everyone :rolleyes: I am a newb here,1st post.

Just admiring the prices you guys pay for the Saiga rifles there.

I live in New Zealand and just bought my first real rifle a Saiga AK style,modified to suit the type of license i hold.

I paid nz$1050.00,brand new in the box,made 1 year ago-according to the 2 booklets included,and that included a mod to take any AK magazine.

Will post a pic up in the photo thread.

GAHHHH 295?!?! you non-californians are lucky!

Got mine for $270 here in the great state of Texas. Why? Cause that's how we do it in Texas :smoke:

Oh and welcome to the darkside....punch will be served! :ph34r:

What great part of the great state of Texas are you greatly from?

Yep........Texas is nice......I've got a long barrel 7.62 at my local shop for 290 that keeps calling my name...........Thinking it might be a nice "hunting rifle" converted with on of those Dragonov sniper style stocks and a Bipod on it!

Even though about selling my KT .223 and buying a 12 to go along with it. (They have those too!)

Guessin u need to move to Texas.

dare i ask if everything is really bigger in texas?

Oh you know it is! :super: and I'm from the Waco area, well, more like close to downtown, or what's left of it. Moved here cause the wife and I go to Baylor Univ. Took a year off, joined the Army Reserve, now I'm back and going to school again in the Fall

modified to suit the type of license i hold.

Let me guess, they messed up the gas tube/piston to make it bolt-action?

lol no its still semi auto

With a basic Category "A" license here in NZ-no stand alone rear pistol grip,mag is limited to 7 rounds(and must not look like it holds more so no banana mag !),

no flash suppressor(but a silencer is ok-get that!),no bayonet or attaching lugs,no folding or telescopic butt.

So I am limited to what I can own at the moment untill I can apply for an "E" license in 6 months or so time.

Then the above restrictions are removed.

Although with the right licence you can own a full automatic weapon its illegal to ever fire it.

modified to suit the type of license i hold.

Let me guess, they messed up the gas tube/piston to make it bolt-action?

lol no its still semi auto

With a basic Category "A" license here in NZ-no stand alone rear pistol grip,mag is limited to 7 rounds(and must not look like it holds more so no banana mag !),

no flash suppressor(but a silencer is ok-get that!),no bayonet or attaching lugs,no folding or telescopic butt.

So I am limited to what I can own at the moment untill I can apply for an "E" license in 6 months or so time.

Then the above restrictions are removed.

Although with the right licence you can own a full automatic weapon its illegal to ever fire it.

You're E must be like out Class 3..........It would be cool to have , except for the hefty $$$$$$$$ tax stamp and the random rectal exams.

A Friend had one till the Clintons got elected.

Oh you know it is! :super: and I'm from the Waco area, well, more like close to downtown, or what's left of it. Moved here cause the wife and I go to Baylor Univ. Took a year off, joined the Army Reserve, now I'm back and going to school again in the Fall

Excellent....You'll have to join me out at Chandlers once I get my conv. done for a range test.........Or we can go a lil farther west and do a ballistics test on come Ferrall Bacon.

I'm from Fort Worth. I have two cousins that graduated from Baylor. I'll be looking for a good deal on a Saiga .223 at the Fort Worth Will Rogers Gun Show this weekend as well as high caps, ammo and all the conversion stuff. Someday we may have to liberate or brethren in California.

I'm from Fort Worth. I have two cousins that graduated from Baylor. I'll be looking for a good deal on a Saiga .223 at the Fort Worth Will Rogers Gun Show this weekend as well as high caps, ammo and all the conversion stuff. Someday we may have to liberate or brethren in California.

Why? They're all moving here!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I was at the last show in FW, saw lots of bushy's and smith m&P's but no siagas. Maybe this one will be better, thinkin I'm gonna go sunday (Found bartering is always best when they're packing up.)

Why? They're all moving here!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I was at the last show in FW, saw lots of bushy's and smith m&P's but no siagas. Maybe this one will be better, thinkin I'm gonna go sunday (Found bartering is always best when they're packing up.)

The last Will rogers show I was at was a couple of months ago and Saigas were to be had for about 275.00 in the box. My local gunsmith in Springtown says that he has had trouble getting his hands on any for about three weeks. He states that it is not an availability problem but rather an economic problem. The guns are at the dock to be off loaded but there is bickering as to just how much they want for the shipment considering the current value of the US dollar.

Cool u gonna convert it.

Finally got my new saiga 7.62x39 16inch 295.00 out the door :wub:

Great buy, thats what I paid here.

You're gonna convert it............resistance is futile.

Besides, it looks like fun!

Right now just a bullet guide and 30 round ak mags

Excellent....You'll have to join me out at Chandlers once I get my conv. done for a range test.........Or we can go a lil farther west and do a ballistics test on come Ferrall Bacon.

Most definitely! I actually just shot out there yesterday with the Baylor Marksman's Association at our first official shoot. Don't have the tool to sight in my saiga yet, an oversight that will be corrected shortly, but had fun anyway. Good people, good guns = good times.

Conversion wise, I've got everything I need 'cept for my buttstock, pistol grip, and rails, which have been back ordered since beginning of April, but they told me they were supposed to ship out sometime today or tomorrow so here's hoping.