• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Saigaczech

Saigaczech

Executive Member

• PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:42 PM

Centerfire systems is selling Romanian PSL Dragunov clones for $849 with scope, 5 serialized mags and bayonet. Might be a good buy for those looking for a Dragunov. Just an FYI.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLVM

QVIS CVSTODIET IPSOS CVSTODES

OMNIA MORS AQVEAT

#2 nalioth

nalioth

Citizen Soldier

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 10:13 PM

They're not Dragunovs. Not any way under the sun. The use of 7.62x54R is the only shared trait between them.

They're PSL rifles.

"Romanian Dragunov" is a misnomer propagated by the US marketers to sell more rifles.
"Tactical" is a mindset, not an equipment list.

#3 Vultite

Vultite

Bastard

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:27 PM

yea, a bit different from a dragonuv, rather get a vepr, and last i saw there was a romak and PSL for sale around 699
People shouldn't be afraid of their government, the government should be afraid of their people.

#4 Saigaczech

Saigaczech

Executive Member

• PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 01:29 AM

They're not Dragunovs. Not any way under the sun. The use of 7.62x54R is the only shared trait between them.

They're PSL rifles.

"Romanian Dragunov" is a misnomer propagated by the US marketers to sell more rifles.

I know that. If your read, I said Dragunov PSL, I only included the Dragunov part due to the way they are advertised on the site and in the email. A real Dragunov or Tigr would cost a few K$ if you could find one. I am well versed with the fact that besides the piston group being different a real Dragunov also has a different trigger group. I was just trying to give a heads up to those interested in buying one.

Edited by Saigaczech, 02 May 2008 - 01:29 AM.

• Saiga103 likes this
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLVM

QVIS CVSTODIET IPSOS CVSTODES

OMNIA MORS AQVEAT

#5 nalioth

nalioth

Citizen Soldier

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 03:38 AM

I know that. If your read, I said Dragunov PSL, I only included the Dragunov part due to the way they are advertised on the site and in the email. A real Dragunov or Tigr would cost a few K$ if you could find one. I am well versed with the fact that besides the piston group being different a real Dragunov also has a different trigger group. I was just trying to give a heads up to those interested in buying one.

I'm just trying to keep everybody on the same sheet of music, so nobody thinks they're getting a "real" SVD for 8.5 C-notes...
  • Saiga103 likes this
"Tactical" is a mindset, not an equipment list.

#6 Ben Vampatella

Ben Vampatella

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:13 PM

"serialized" mags for the PSL, are noteably ground flat on the fronts of the mags, and have a non-pakerized, non-stamped serial number engraved in them. Further, the numbers on mine almost ALL match, but not every single one. Further, the psl-54c that I have (as are most), is put together a bit off, but once sighted in, shoots like a son of a bitch. Thought about selling it, just because ammo is scarce in light ball, and I dont have anywhere to shoot it more than once or twice a year. Im getting tired of oiling it, actually, not used to this Florida humidity and gun upkeep that comes with it.
Rockin the Saiga world since 2003

#7 waltham_41

waltham_41

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 08:45 PM

I got mine and Im keeping it. It may not be a real Draganov, but the price was right and it fun as hell to shoot.
FFL01 Dealer, Muskogee Ok area.

www.pandcfirearms.com

#8 SuA

SuA

Resident Eurotrash

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:27 AM

I'm just trying to keep everybody on the same sheet of music, so nobody thinks they're getting a "real" SVD for 8.5 C-notes...

just get a Tigr and change the furniture & flash hider? that's pretty much it.

"Reason is always a kind of brute force; those who appeal to the head rather than the heart, however pallid and polite, are necessarily men of violence. We speak of touching a man's heart, but we can do nothing to his head but hit it."

#9 rangerdavid

rangerdavid

Sig Shootist

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:13 PM

Yeah, their advertisement is a bit misleading!!
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy??

#10 waltham_41

waltham_41

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:56 PM

Yeah, their advertisement is a bit misleading!!

My TG Romak 3 even has Dravanov stamped on the bottom of the revceiver. I knew what I was buying, but I am sure some people were fooled by the advertising.
FFL01 Dealer, Muskogee Ok area.

www.pandcfirearms.com

#11 terrace_mountain

terrace_mountain

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:05 PM

just get a Tigr and change the furniture & flash hider? that's pretty much it.

good luck finding a Tigr for $850....

#12 csspecs

csspecs

Top Member

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:39 PM

"serialized" mags for the PSL, are noteably ground flat on the fronts of the mags, and have a non-pakerized, non-stamped serial number engraved in them. Further, the numbers on mine almost ALL match, but not every single one. Further, the psl-54c that I have (as are most), is put together a bit off, but once sighted in, shoots like a son of a bitch. Thought about selling it, just because ammo is scarce in light ball, and I dont have anywhere to shoot it more than once or twice a year. Im getting tired of oiling it, actually, not used to this Florida humidity and gun upkeep that comes with it.

Well if you want to get rid of it my little brother might be interested, he has cases of light ball that I talked him into buying, 38.00 a case of 440 was to good to last very long.

Also you will see that many guns around Florida are brown in color, if you don't have a dehumidifier in your gun room thats what you will end up with.

http://stores.csspecs.com/
For metal Saiga-12, Saiga .308 and Vepr .308 magazines.

http://www.facebook.com/csspecs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users