side rail scope mounts

I have only used the mounts with 3 allen bolts in them

repete mounting does not hold zero do the lever type hold true

does the make of mount differ in accuracy

any thoughts or opinionsw would be greatlyhelpful

Thanks

DragonWolf

Ok I have tried all imaginable side mounts. The three allen type as you write (which are chinese), the russian and the belarussian lever type side rails.

My conclusions: The chinese are crap not for the allen screw but because the metal on the side plate is of so bad quality that it will bend if accidentally

screwed a litlle bit too much and afterwards it's a pain in the but to get the rail off.

As for the russian and bellarussian lever side rails there are many types. All with the aid of the lever will not secure the side rail strongly enough on the side plate

especially in a heavy recoil such of the shotgun. If one takes a carefull look actually the lever is rotating a screw doing the same job as the chinese not with three

but with one screw. But because the metal compositions are of a higher quality is not that easy to brake the rail. What I'm trying to say is that the lever will work

best as a screw tightly fixed so forget that one can just push the lever to the side and unmount the side plate.

My 2 c

post-10714-1212502073_thumb.jpg

Does no one use side rail mounts just trying to save some dough

A little help

pleeeeeese

Thanks all I think my question has been awnsered. I have had no problems with repetable groups with the 3 bolt until I remove it .

i will try to usr a quality lever mount I just didnt want 2 buy 1 with out hearing from some 1 who has tried them

THANK you

DRAGONWOLF

Thanks all I think my question has been awnsered. I have had no problems with repetable groups with the 3 bolt until I remove it .

i will try to usr a quality lever mount I just didnt want 2 buy 1 with out hearing from some 1 who has tried them

THANK you

DRAGONWOLF

just my .02 cents woth I have been using the K-VAR 03 model lever on my saiga 308 for 3 years good, solid , quality mount! well worth the cash

Another thing about the UTG mounts, which I assume is the Chinese mount you speak of, is that you can't (or at least I couldn't) see the iron sights. I got rid of mine and got a posp scope. I've heard nothing but good things about them, and thus far have been super happy with mine.

I take my POSP scope off every time I'm done shooting and have only had it move the POI about a half inch, This was when I first got the thing and have since snugged up the lever a couple of times. I've had no issues with it losing zero, at all, since January, and that's shooting the gun three times a week.

• 2 weeks later...