SaigatechUSA Steel Trigger Guard w/Integral Safety Stop

post-6947-1212718875_thumb.jpg

post-6947-1212718666_thumb.jpg

post-6947-1212718674_thumb.jpg

Sorry my text had to be a photo, it wouldn't let me post those words for some reason "You don't have permission to access INDEX.html" it kept saying. So there's my post in a weird way!

Edited by SaigaNoobie

Ray knows what he is doing with these TG's. I got an Aluminum guard and the Quality is A1. Saving it for another Saiga project. I wonder if he is going to come out with TGs for different Saiga models. FMJ.

I got it working, sort-of. See above post!

Your post said: reamed it out a tad, no problems. Everything lined up. Beautiful pro looking installation......??

Now it's got it working sort-of??

I think he was talking about getting the topic post working. The text was able to be pasted so he had to attach the text as an image. To me the installation looks fine, and the text in the image says "BAM beautiful pro looking installation from an amateur noob like me."

Edited by hobbyshooter
I got it working, sort-of. See above post!

Your post said: reamed it out a tad, no problems. Everything lined up. Beautiful pro looking installation......??

Now it's got it working sort-of??

I think he was talking about getting the topic post working. The text was able to be pasted so he had to attach the text as an image. To me the installation looks fine, and the text in the image says "BAM beautiful pro looking installation from an amateur noob like me."

:cryss: sorry SaigaNoobie I guess I've had a long week :cryss:

Need a good 50 mile bicycle ride :eek:

Thanks everyone

Edited by skiboatsp
Ray knows what he is doing with these TG's. I got an Aluminum guard and the Quality is A1. Saving it for another Saiga project. I wonder if he is going to come out with TGs for different Saiga models. FMJ.

just like all things for the S20, a little modifying of the S12 stuff and they work great. It is surprising how many differences there are in the shotguns. I had to shorten the guard a little and grind a notch for the rivet bump which is on both sides of the S20 along with making the BHO notch a little farther to the rear and shortening the trigger but when done very happy with the results. The safety stop is part of the original mag release which worked out very well with the new guard.

000_0031.jpg

post-4259-1212852568_thumb.jpg

Pretty sweet looking. Only thing that might make it better would be an itegrated, extended magazine release. Maybe in a mark 2 version, there could be spring loaded push lever on the front that would rest against the magazine release. Take your finger out of the trigger guard as you should when changing mags, push forward on the lever, and you are ready to slap in a new mag.

Dreaming out loud and throwing out some thoughts to those who are good at fabricating.

This trigger guard is the kick ass, the only thing you might have to do yours like i did to mine was to file down or cut off about an 1/8 of an inch of the safety stop, what happened was the stop was too long which wasnt letting the safety lever rest in its normal placeand every time i would shoot the 12 my safety lever would raise up causing some problems with the trigger,so now i fix it and it is good to go!

that looks like the tromix one.....

No it does not.

To my knowledge the Tromix is not shipping quite yet.

Back in March, I waited a few weeks for the Tromix trigger guard to come out, but it didn't. I adapted and overcame by borrowing a welder and installing a regular Tromix guard.

If something is holding them up, it's because they're working out the bugs. I am confident that when Tromix DIY guards do go up for sale, they will work flawlessly.