need some info please

I am becoming more interested in the Saiga 12 and i am curious if anyone knows how well or if this weapons platform will cycle less lethal rounds? any info would be appreciated.

Highly doubt it. Just get a pump if you wanna spew anything other than lead or steel.

I am becoming more interested in the Saiga 12 and i am curious if anyone knows how well or if this weapons platform will cycle less lethal rounds? any info would be appreciated.

Highly doubt it. Just get a pump if you wanna spew anything other than lead or steel.

thanks im a cop and my dept is cheap i got a pump but the S 12 looks interesting but i definatly got to be able to get less lethal option

I don't think Saiga 12's handle non-lethal rounds. I did see a really nice Mossberg (Ibelieve) the other day when I bought my Saiga. IT was a pump, stainless steel with an adjustable stock, and a doorbuster choke......she was just beautiful. If I wasn't so hell bent on this Saiga, I would have taken her home.

this one was posted by Tony, it was for light target rounds I think but it was said not to work with less lethal well. But maybe some thing can be done.

It has shorten gas system for SBS but a long barrel

post-9601-1214278270_thumb.jpg

thanks im a cop and my dept is cheap i got a pump but the S 12 looks interesting but i definatly got to be able to get less lethal option

Read Gunfixer's thread about his improved gas knob. He has a 0 setting on his prototype knob that blocks enough gas to prevent light loads from short-cycling the action.

In practice, the magnum setting (1) on the factory knob should prevent the action from short-cycling less-than-lethal ammo. Just rack the bolt between shots. Plus, don't forget the intimidation factor of having a 20-round drum under your weapon! B)

I have never shot LTL rounds but you can easily jack manualy the bolt after you fire if you need to. My gun fires Feocchi reduced recoil #8s with no problem that is the lightest ammo I have ever used.

Howdy there. Got alot of time with Less than Lethal rounds(can't call them NON-lethal due to possible lethality if fired at critical areas). I was a (NON Lethal) L-T-L instructor/ MP 5811 for the Corps in 2000-2002 at the I MEF course at Camp Pendleton.

Used mostly mossberg 500/590's.

Benelli M4's cycled some poorly. namely fin-stabilized rounds. (which feel like paintball rounds. I had a E-4 accidently discharge his shotgun into my lower back. It hurt, and left a welt I would equal to a paintball. or maybe a SIMUNITION round. A bit snappier. Bean bags when fired leave nice little ball bearing sized indents on wood, and the canvas bean bag looks worn over the BB's/pellets. They crack boards. These are my favorites. I would dread taking one of these on a rib. SNAP!

I have bean bag rounds, and fin stablized rounds for my siaga. (don't ask where i FOUND them) :devil:

My 19" stock S-12 will cycle 4 out of 5 times on the bean bags. And these had noticeable kick.

The fin stabilized fired and didn't come close to cycling. Almost no felt kick. Like a pellet gun.

But if I were using a LTL round. It would definitely be the bean bag due to increased recoil. and obviously more energy.

25 meters is the training standard. Anything more. you may need to offset aim higher. And the chance of that rectangular, or square bean bag missing the mark opens up. Remeber ...NO CRITICAL AREA HITS. At least in training.

edit~Remember. Center of mass shots.

I won't go over what the legal ramifications of shooting an intruder in a home defense situation. I'm no lawyer.~edit

Edited by dodgeturbointerceptor
Hello Slammer;

i am the training officer for P.D., it is not a good idea to use the same gun for both live and LTL. the LTL gun should be marked , most are panted so it is not confused with a live gun.

Im a Less Lethal Instructor I am aware of the color codes was just looking into that weapon for my Less Lethal gun