Sort of AK103, but not

CIMG7345.jpg

CIMG7346.jpg

CIMG7349.jpg

Lots of help from this forum!

Also, special thanks to Dinzag Arms--top quality parts for sure and great customer service! I used his bullet guide and hg retainer--very well engineered parts that go on without a hitch!

What do you guys think of my conversion? I have to admit though, some inspiration came from Vjor's rig!

This might be my first post here, I dont remember..

AP

EDITED for more pics

CIMG7342.jpg

CIMG7343.jpg

CIMG7344.jpg

Edited by armored_pig

I like the stock, who makes them? At first i tought it's one of the saiga 12 factory stocks(as there are several styles of sidefolders available) but after a closer look it turns out it's not.

Oh, and is it folding? If so is it compatible with the AKS-74/AK-74MM/AK100 series folding mechanism?

Edited by Agias
I like the stock, who makes them? At first i tought it's one of the saiga 12 factory stocks(as there are several styles of sidefolders available) but after a closer look it turns out it's not.

Oh, and is it folding? If so is it compatible with the AKS-74/AK-74MM/AK100 series folding mechanism?

Looks like an Ace stock, and it's definitely a folder.

Looks like an Ace stock, and it's definitely a folder.

Ace stock, started as a 8.5 incher, but I chopped it by an inch (didn't wanna deal with shipping it back)

The 7.5 ace stock with folding block and internal block brings it down to warsaw length, get the 8.5 for nato length..

You do have to cutt off your rear tang though. But once you cut you'll never wanna go back...

Good looking rig you got there. Mind telling me a little about your FSB and brake?

FSB is from blackthorn, they have like...millions of them! All at a nice price of 25 bucks. Note that it doesn't include any of the farkles of a normal FSB--no plunger, no spring, and no sight post or sight post barrel.. Not a real biggie, just take the barrel/post from your old FSB and buy a spring, dowel pin, and roll pin.

Holes aren't drilled for retainer pins, but its easy to drill one, I did it with a hand drill, no worries.. Just one pin should be enough since it was a PITA to get on there. The fit is SUPER tight, but enough patience and a big enough hammer did it..

The brake is a K-var bulgarian, nothin super special really, but they work..

AP