the WW1 tank is the old British Female tank(I think). The Male tank has MGs instead of cannon. Now Matilda tank was actually very successful early in WW2. But that female tank was a health hazard to ride in back in 1917, i cant imagine they let them ride in them in this day in age without proper ventilation.

Edited by Bean.223

Imagine sitting in a trench with nothing but bolt action rifles and light machine guns and those things come out of the smoke lumbering towards your position.

The infantry were terrified of the early tanks until they started learning a few tricks on how to counter them, and then they probably still didn't like seeing them heading in their direction.

Well disciplined and well trained German WW1 troops of WW1 BROKE AND RAN at the first sight of the tank.

They thank god for veteran NCOs that finally handled the situation for their side.

Edited by Bean.223

Werent the "yanks" the ones who dealt the final blow in WW1? According to what I have read and learned, there is the matter of the "NY Regiment" being "applied", as in all wars for America.

That very thing, changed the world... thanks (tanks) for sharing!

VERY COOL VIDEO.

True the man power infusion of the American troops dealt the death blow to the Kaiser during WW1 but for shock value nothing compared to the first sighting of chem warfare, AND the fist sighting of the Panzer/tank...

Edited by Bean.223

This was always my favorite tank that never was.

ITs the T-28 Super Heavy Tank. only two were ever built, there sole purpose was to punch threw the Siegfried Line.

If ya look close, its so heavy that it requires DUEL HVSS Sherman suspension systems, the thing is a BEAST.

I heard it described once as the Bastard love child of a Sherman Tank and a Locomotive!!!

Im sure the thing doesnt break 5 mph thought LOL.

Yeah Hunter thats actually becoming a BIG BUSINESS especially in Russia. An original Tiger 1 tank, if you can find one of those even in moderate condition hidden somewhere, your about 10 million richer. Now that one in the vid is a captured T-34/43 pushed into German service, they did that alot with Russian tanks.

BUt man Waltham, that Landkreuzer is new to me, that thing is S I C K!!! Hiter wasted so much material on these huge projects. Just one of his Super Guns, the 80cm morsers for example was enough steel to build a Pz Division. I cant imagine a practicle use for the 1500....Neat anyways!!! :the_iron_man:

Hitler was an idiot.

Heck, just the Jet turbine fighters that were refit for fighter service, and DEVELOPED for ground attack roles, well.

Something might have been done.

The reich was seriously FLAWED.

My govt. made atom bombs. And we still have them?

Sorry Bean223 - not trying to start, just a thoughtful arguement!

The Germans always had a soft spot for large cannons. They spent resources making them that would have been much better used in other areas. A weakness for sure.

I just cant conceive a 1500 ton tank, that just boggles my mind. 2-4 submarine engines to power it? If they had ever produced it, even one battalion of them, I'm sure they would have scared the hell out of Allied tankers, just like the Tiger I, Panther and Tiger II tanks did.

Had a friend who's father was a tanker in WWII Europe. He told his son that they always got very worried if they heard that Tiger tanks were in the area.