Anybody have experience w/ Streamlight TLR-1 or 2

Considering buying this now that I got the picatinny forend on the Saiga. Anybody used this on there's or any other weapons? Good or bad reviews? Any other light/laser blow this one out the water? Played around with the TLR-2 at a gun shop and liked how the switches are setup. And I like the size so I can still have my left hand on the foreend comfortably.

9d1d_1.JPG

5e1a_1.JPG

Edited by ernestmayhand
Considering buying this now that I got the picatinny forend on the Saiga. Anybody used this on there's or any other weapons? Good or bad reviews? Any other light/laser blow this one out the water? Played around with the TLR-2 at a gun shop and liked how the switches are setup. And I like the size so I can still have my left hand on the foreend comfortably.

I don't have one but I have been researching them. They have a very good reputation among law enforcement.

Edited to remove the accidental image quote...

Edited by Glocker

Ive had a TLR 1 on a AR 15 for quite a while with no problems,light power is very sufficient for indoor use.On my gun with a foreward grip and the light mounted on the bottom rail, i can activate the on/off switch easily with just the first joint on my index finger.

I have a few of the TLR-1's, a couple on my Glocks and one mounted on one of my SBR's.

I love them, well built and affordable. Their only drawback is they are slower to mount than other lights, but that doesn't bother me as once I mount them I leave them on.

tapeswitch_001.jpg

Well this bodes well, TLRs are standing up tp 12 gauge recoil. I own both the TLR2 and an M6X. The M6X sits on my pistol on the night stand for things that go bump in the night. I like the mounting method of the TLR a bit better than the M6X. As for the TLR 2, alas it sits in the closet and I keep meaning to convert the light over to IR for night vision use with the pistol. In addition I want to building a dedicated laser for the Saiga 12 but there are a dozen other projects in the que before that one.

IPSC_GUY

SIERRA II ALPHA

member3941.png

As for the TLR 2, alas it sits in the closet and I keep meaning to convert the light over to IR for night vision use with the pistol.

Does anyone make an IR filter cap for the TLR-1? I'd be interested in that too it it's out there.

Alas since the TLR is a LED based light, IR filters do not do much. White light LEDs have very little IR light in them as opposed to a incandescent bulb. I have tried it and you do get some but not much, as in less than the onboard IR LED on the PVS 14.

To do the conversion right you need to change out the LED.

IPSC_GUY

SIERRA II ALPHA

member3941.png

As for the TLR 2, alas it sits in the closet and I keep meaning to convert the light over to IR for night vision use with the pistol.

Does anyone make an IR filter cap for the TLR-1? I'd be interested in that too it it's out there.

Alas since the TLR is a LED based light, IR filters do not do much. White light LEDs have very little IR light in them as opposed to a incandescent bulb. I have tried it and you do get some but not much, as in less than the onboard IR LED on the PVS 14.

To do the conversion right you need to change out the LED.

IPSC_GUY

SIERRA II ALPHA

Disapointing, but thanks for the info.

Edited by DTakas