Atlantic selling MD drums?

I said I would pay up to 250 for a drum. They are selling them for 279. Thats 29 dollars more than my cap. I bit and bought one. I figure that I deserve to be punished for not doing the pre-buy.

Oh well, I called them and they have them in stock so hopefully next week sometime I shall have my drum. By then I hope to have it converted too.

I bought 1 drum at that price. I can now relax and wait for the next presales that Mike puts out and maybe buy 1 or 2 more drums.

Then I shall be golden.

At least I didn't buy one from an auction.

Has anyone tested these or are there any reports on their reliability?

-Cheers

A group of beta drums were sent out to select members of the forum for testing a while back, and any issues found were worked out. Everyone that has got a production drum has had noting but good things to say about them so far.

I said I would pay up to 250 for a drum. They are selling them for 279. Thats 29 dollars more than my cap. I bit and bought one. I figure that I deserve to be punished for not doing the pre-buy.

Oh well, I called them and they have them in stock so hopefully next week sometime I shall have my drum. By then I hope to have it converted too.

I bought 1 drum at that price. I can now relax and wait for the next presales that Mike puts out and maybe buy 1 or 2 more drums.

Then I shall be golden.

Think of it this way, at least you got in on it before they get to $325.00 or $350.00 and believe me , they will. Some are going for more than that I'm told. :dollar:

I have seen several sell with a buy it now of $580 on gunbroker.

Then I shall be golden.

Think of it this way, at least you got in on it before they get to $325.00 or $350.00 and believe me , they will. Some are going for more than that I'm told. :dollar:

I have seen several sell with a buy it now of $580 on gunbroker.

I wish I had seen that you are selling them for the same price. Honestly, sometimes Atlantic's friendly phone manners aren't exactly friendly. I was trying to ask some questions and got cut off very quickly and hung up on.

Bought it anyway though.

WTF,you guys dont think its kinda fked up that alot of folks have been waiting a long time for drums and Atlantic gets a truck load of them before all of the pre orders are shipped

Why? You don't think Atlantic has waited just as long for their truckload as I did for my two? I see no problem. Only joyously flowing drum proliferation!

pvt joker

I agree totally. It seems just wrong that someone who might have just found out about the drums could get their hands on one before those of us who have waited patiently for some time and put forth the funds to see this project come to life. I realize that Atlantic ordered them early as well. It really is not about them making money on them, I don't plan on selling anyway. It just seems wrong but in time we should all have ours and be too busy playing with them to remember this.

Lets clear a few things up , we did not get a truck load and second how do you know where we were on the pre order list ??? We have been quietly waiting just like everybody else so calm your jets and don't fire up the lynch mob just yet .

+1 guys, let's not attack the commercial vendors who are supporting our hobby. Atlantic is not the enemy here.

Is there any proof that Atlantic arms has jumped in line ahead of us and bought a shitload of the drums to sell? If so, I have not seen it. No sense in starting trouble unless you have fact to back up your accusation.

If Atlantic plopped down their money for X number of drums a year ago like the rest of us, they have all of the right in the world to resell them as they see fit.

6x6, joker, any proof that they and Mike are doing something to fuck the rest of us over? If you have it please share with the rest of us.

I don't believe anyone has said that atlantic jumped ahead in line, in fact I went out of my way to say "I realize that Atlantic ordered them early as well". What you have missed is that say Joe Blow who just found out about the saiga, say a month ago, can now get a drum before those who put forth the funds to help make them come to be. I believe that some are taking these post as complaints rather than just observations. Of course anyone can do as they please with their order, last I checked this was America, land of capitalism.

You want another scenario similar to this that I have experienced and not so hot a topic on this board. I waited almost a year to get a Smart car. I was on the list from the dealers before most even knew they were coming to the US. Before I could get mine they were for sale to the public by private individuals and those who did not even know what a Smart car was had theirs before I had mine even though I again patiently waited my turn in line. Funny thing about the US you can get what ever you want if you through enough money around.

Again in a couple of months or so it really won't matter as hopefully this will all be behind us.

So in other words, you are upset because someone that is willing to pay almost double of what you payed for your drum is getting his faster, because Atlantic is selling their drums that they waited for, and got, just like the rest of us?

Like you said, that is the American way. I am sure there are other people that had the bucks to order a couple or two or three and sold one or two to offset the cost of their drum, so why does it suck if Atlantic puts theirs up for sale?

I am trying to understand why you guys are upset, and am not catching it.

The guys that are getting their drums before you by buying them from Gunbroker or Atlantic Arms are paying a premium price for that privilege. Be patient, your drum will arrive in the sequence that you placed you order in, just like the rest of us.

Have a great day!

All orders are going out in the order they was received, dealers included. Also no one has bought a truck load of them. All dealers combined only make up around 100 drums, if that even. The most any one dealer has purchased is 30. I even have a dealer still waiting for his place in line...

All orders are going out in the order they was received, dealers included. Also no one has bought a truck load of them. All dealers combined only make up around 100 drums, if that even. The most any one dealer has purchased is 30. I even have a dealer still waiting for his place in line...

Mike, You might want to put a drum with your snowman avatar now.