Poll: Shoot New S12 befor converting

I would put a few through it, just to make sure it works. If it doesn't work properly after converting, at least you know it was something you did. If it is f-ed up before you start hacking on it, you can probably get it replaced/fixed too - not so much after.

Edited by FenderFreek

Mine was running perfectly before I converted. I converted it over the weekend. When I shot it yesterday, I did have a few FTE/stovepipes. (3 or 4 out of a 25 round box of cheap Walmart ammo).

I did use a modified tapco hammer that I didn't polish up or anything so that might be the culprit. I'm going to take the hammer out and polish it up and make it smooth and see how the gun runs at that point.

I would put a few through it, just to make sure it works. If it doesn't work properly after converting, at least you know it was something you did. If it is f-ed up before you start hacking on it, you can probably get it replaced/fixed too - not so much after.

My thoughts exactly

I just got my 7.62 which will be my first conversion. I took it out and shot the piss out of it just so I can appreciate how great it's gunna feel after I convert it. I could really feel the difference between the factory TG and my tromix modified G2 TG which I've got on my S12. Can't wait to have the G2 in the 7.62 it's gunna be buttery smooth. You really gotta know bad to appreciate better.

I don't know about you guys but I could hardly wait ti shoot mine when I first got it. I stopped by wallyworld on the way to pick it up and was loading mags on the way home!

Unless you shoot it before conversion, you can never appreciate the killer difference it makes to have it converted.

Then there's the reliability factor...sometimes they come in with someting wrong like a canted gas block that hides one of the ports, or a number of other issues that would make some people want to return them for a replacement. Once you cut it up, that's your problem though...

+1, always make sure a firearm is working well before hacking away on it unless you've got serious enough skills to fix anything which might be wrong from the factory...

+1, always make sure a firearm is working well before hacking away on it unless you've got serious enough skills to fix anything which might be wrong from the factory...

yup yup yup yup.....