Guest chips(too lazy to log in)
Do you guys think that members here would donate a few $ (like may be $3 or $5 or $10 or whatever) to put up a REAL on-line chat room biult-in it to the forum?

Or is it just a bad idea and I should forget about it? :unsure:

I'd love to hear your opinion!!!

how about this...

each member that donates $20 recieves special privelages such as a forum hidden from everyone except for donating members, an increased pm capacity, maybe a saiga-12.com email account, and some other stuff. basically, the members who give $20 are given a special status over the non paying members.

we do this at another site i frequent. i just counted today, and the 48 donating members have raised close to $1000. that money is used to help pay for the site, fund meets, and other things like that.

this is a growing site, and just imagine how much you could bring in over the next couple of years...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude that is a bogus fucking system! Don't even make that kind of noise here if you're too lazy to log in. Go back over to one of those other sites that play that game and talk with to the elite upper crust that have extra money to pay for extra status levels and get to post all the pics they want as big as they want,...

I've been a member of several other forums like that for much longer than here and that whole favoritism for money game sucks. That's one thing about this site that's more cool than all the others. Everyone is equal from the latest Noob to Bvamp and Makc. We all have the same posting privlidges and there's no favoritism. If everyone donated whatever they could manage no matter how much it would be helpful, but don't try to make it another one of those pay to play sites. There's a difference between a donation and a fee. Sorry but that's the second post I've seen in the past few minutes spouting that same crap. If I had enough money to go around trying to buy extra privlidges on all the forums I go to I could buy another Saiga!

Dude that is a bogus fucking system! Don't even make that kind of noise here if you're too lazy to log in. Go back over to one of those other sites that play that game and talk with to the elite upper crust that have extra money to pay for extra status levels and get to post all the pics they want as big as they want,...

I've been a member of several other forums like that for much longer than here and that whole favoritism for money game sucks. That's one thing about this site that's more cool than all the others. Everyone is equal from the latest Noob to Bvamp and Makc. We all have the same posting privlidges and there's no favoritism. If everyone donated whatever they could manage no matter how much it would be helpful, but don't try to make it another one of those pay to play sites. There's a difference between a donation and a fee. Sorry but that's the second post I've seen in the past few minutes spouting that same crap. If I had enough money to go around trying to buy extra privlidges on all the forums I go to I could buy another Saiga!

most people, as a rule, are greedy. most people won't spend the money if they get nothing in return. that's not saying that no one will donate, but it is saying that not as many will.

i post at sites where i am a non paying member. i have never been discriminated against by paying members. i have never felt like i was less of a member because i didn't pay, and i could care less if i had the extra privelages or not. i don't think that there is an "elite upper crust" at any of these sites.

furthermore, i think that if you give money to help out a forum, you should get a little something in return. don't you?

that's just it we are already getting a lot in return

yes we are. max is providing a free service, and has never asked for anything in return. and that's great, and i'm glad he does.

but... i don't have a lot of money - i have been working over 40 hours a week and going to school, so i'm broke. if i give any of the little money i have left, i would like to see a little something in return. i'm not trying to sound selfish or anything, but that's the truth, and i'm sure that a lot of people have the same attitude as i do.

I here ya man. That's cool. I don't have a lot of money either though so I would rather buy ammo than pay extra $$ so that I can enjoy the same quality experience as everyone else here. I will make a donation and don't expect anything extra in return. If everyone did this just once even that would be a big help I'm sure.

that's just it we are already getting a lot in return

yes we are. max is providing a free service, and has never asked for anything in return. and that's great, and i'm glad he does.

but... i don't have a lot of money - i have been working over 40 hours a week and going to school, so i'm broke. if i give any of the little money i have left, i would like to see a little something in return. i'm not trying to sound selfish or anything, but that's the truth, and i'm sure that a lot of people have the same attitude as i do.

Yeah well you and lithium get together then and ya'll can help each other figure out what kind of special rewards you deserve for parting with your hard earned money and I'll just make a "donation" because I appreciate what all of us are already getting out of this site every day on Makc's dime. If people would freely donate what they can when they can without asking for anything "extra" it would add up. Maybe instead of asking for something extra for contributions ya'll should consider paying more for exra features already in the works. Keep everyone on the same level playing field though. Just as an example I have been a member on gunsnet for a long time. About the time I joined here they revoked everyone's "signature" that was not a paying contributer and made it so you cant post the same cool pics as everyone else. Unless you were part of the special paying crowd with a little gold star on your forhead you could only post a little link to your pic. And if you click on someone else's little picture link you get a message saying you are not allowed to use this function because you're po like Kenny.

Here's a link to another discussion about this going on next door.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...t=0entry36320

Here's a link to where you can make a free annonomous contribution and since you won't be rewarded by a special silver, gold ,or bronze medal for all to see the forum will remain on a level fied. That's my two cents, heres where to send yours. Please don't take anything I've said personally, this is adressed to all that happen to read it.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/donations/