.410 came today

The wifes .410 came today. Cleaned it and checked it out for her.

I noticed some things, this one came from CDNN. 19" with threadad barell.

The reciever is date '95. The left side of the reciever is stamped EAA, however on the right side it appears that another import stamp has been obliterated by overstamping with overlapping ooooooo's. It's long enough and in the right place to have been 'kalinishikov USA'.The factory documentation paper reads may 2001.

The reciever is stamped .410 3"magnum I don't think this will fire 2.5" shells as this has the gas piston without a regulator. There is no 1 2 , the end plug doesn't have the angle cut like my S-12.

The funny thing is that the mag says 75mm. one would think that the reciever and the mag would both be in the same nomenclature?

This one has the factory threaded barell, came with thread protector, and #3 (full) choke, choke wrench, toolkit,cleaning rod.and one 75mm (3") 4 rd mag.

The wife loves this thing! She wants an underfolder (have one on backorder) I am collecting conversion parts now. Falcon ergo-grip, tapco FCG,and I am still looking for a gas piston, And a decent light--maybe a ZNICH ? I have the 2 piece firing pin on my S-12, and this one has it too-however my .308 wich also came today has the one piece firing pin.

G O B

Picked up my Saiga .410(for my girlfriend) from local gunshop Wednesday. This one also came from CDNN, it is a 2001 model(receiver marked) and the paper also dated 2001. It has the adjustable gas system and the full screw choke, thread protector and the exact same accessories as you stated. I cleaned it thoroughly and took it out and put a few rounds thru it, it ran flawlessly. Pretty cool little gun. Gotta start ordering parts, I'm gonna try a new stock setup on this one. I'll post pics if it turns out. AKATTACK

Edited by AKATTACK

GOB sounds like you got one of the old ones like mine but sold after EAA took over the imports from K USA. I assume that 94 at the beginning of my ser. # is date of mfg? Does yours have a rear sight?

ismech or however you spell it is a whole city in russia that makes guns. its the only exporter that I know of from russia that makes AKMs, and is the original factory they were made in, so all saigas ARE true kalishnikovs

GOB -- 3" or 75 mm, both are the same shell. You're right - it would make more sense to use the same nomenclature on both the receiver and mag. May be that they get a bit confused in dealing with a people (us here in 'Amerika') who are betwixt and between the English and metric systems of measurement.

Bvamp -- Ishevsk is where they make 'em, true enough, but aren't the Saigas modified AK-74s?

GOB and AKATTACK -- Sounds like you both have lucked out with your choice of wife/girlfriend. It's great to have someone in your life like that who shares your interest in firearms.

Edited by Aethelbert

Cobra: the year is stamped to the left of the serial#. Like this: 95 1227XXX

My 12 and .308 are stamped lower on the reciever.

Athelbert: The wife has wanted a pistol gripped shotgun for years! She has a bad back, and can't handle a full sized shotty, but when I showed her a .410 shell she said "that is the cutest thing, I want one!" She also likes the underfolder stocks. What can I say-the woman has impeccable taste!

Indy Arms: Maybe "arsenal refurbished?" :lolol:

G O B

Re: My post, looks the same except for I have the non-slectable gas regulator. First # of my SN is '94, no rear sight, just a rail and a front bead. What does this all mean? Sorry about last post, should have seen this one first! Will it cycle light loads? I am shooting high brass or slugs anyway............

Hummmm,

Smokes