Arsenal Saiga questions....

Ok,I looked thru the search and couldnt find anything. I want to know if the Arsenal Version of the Saiga 7.62 is an Izhmash(sp?) Saiga?? Is it the same as the other Saigas except for the Arsenal conversion?? I see 'Legion Izhevsk Russia' on the side of them. What the sam hill does that mean?? All the saiga marks are there...they even say Saiga on them. Answers? :unsure:

1) It's not an "Arsenal conversion", they're imported that way.

2) Legion is the export company that Arsenal is dealing with ( dunno the name of the company RAAC deals with, but they're different ).

3) Aside from the different markings and front end, it's a Saiga. Still needs a bullet guide, etc.

Edited by nalioth
1) It's not an "Arsenal conversion", they're imported that way.

2) Legion is the export company that Arsenal is dealing with ( dunno the name of the company RAAC deals with, but they're different ).

3) Aside from the different markings and front end, it's a Saiga. Still needs a bullet guide, etc.

Damn, I shoulda asked you that earlier today. :ded::unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

I got the one that I ordered from AIMguns today, and it is super. Lightweight and well balanced . I don't intend on converting this rifle, at least right now, but have all the parts needed to do it should I decide to.

I paid $633 shipped and don't regret paying that price after seeing this fine rifle. Just wish I could have ordered two, all of those at AIMguns are gone...

Dammit guys, now I want to go buy it because of you. What do you think about their price for $670?

If you got the money, I'd get it ASAP before it's gone. Those folks that waited until reality set in are going to lose out. Most of the major suppliers are out of stock and have no idea if and when they will be getting more. Some say backordered until March or April, but the guns might as well be on the dark side of the moon.

Even at the that price the value will only escalate in time. If you convert it, you'll still be well ahead of the game. A converted Saiga if done right is worth more than the factory stock models.

Id also get as many mags and as much ammo as you possibly can. There are only small pockets of guns and ammo left. Most are found in pawn shops or out of the way places. Get it while you can if it's still available.

Edited by MacMan
Dammit guys, now I want to go buy it because of you. What do you think about their price for $670?

If you got the money, I'd get it ASAP before it's gone. Those folks that waited until reality set in are going to lose out. Most of the major suppliers are out of stock and have no idea if and when they will be getting more. Some say backordered until March or April, but the guns might as well be on the dark side of the moon.

Even at the that price the value will only escalate in time. If you convert it, you'll still be well ahead of the game. A converted Saiga if done right is worth more than the factory stock models.

Id also get as many mags and as much ammo as you possibly can. There are only small pockets of guns and ammo left. Most are found in pawn shops or out of the way places. Get it while you can if it's still available.

Thats exactly why I got one after trying to look for a very nice AK for the last 6 months, so I kept waiting and waiting. After the election, there were no local distributors and no online distributors that had any in stock. It was even harder to find the usual cheap wolf/barnaul ammo. Even the Romanian AK's were gone. I bought this and in the packaging I received a 25% discount on the conversion parts through K-Var. I am very pleased with mine. This rifle has everything you would want for a stock or unconverted Saiga. I recently got my hands on a fixed stock Tantal, so I probably won't be converting it now, but I have the parts if I change my mind.

post-10859-1227417095.jpg