help broke my saiga 12

help i shot about 25 rounds or 2 3/4 bucks and slugs and after the the last shot the shell didnt eject. I tried to cycle the bolt and after a few tries it finally came out. After disassembly of the spring i found that the guide broke and the 2 piece spring guide came aprt and will fit together but after cyling it will sperate to far and when cycling the bolt the 2 rods would collide and cause the jam. Does anyone know where i can get this part? this really suxs. thanks for any advise.

post-13497-1225643604_thumb.jpg

post-13497-1225643619_thumb.jpg

Edited by cfp636
help i shot about 25 rounds or 2 3/4 bucks and slugs and after the the last shot the shell didnt eject. I tried to cycle the bolt and after a few tries it finally came out. After disassembly of the spring i found that the guide broke and the 2 piece spring guide came aprt and will fit together but after cyling it will sperate to far and when cycling the bolt the 2 rods would collide and cause the jam. Does anyone know where i can get this part? this really suxs. thanks for any advise.

Try www.saigastock.com. They do not have it listed on the site, but give them a call and they usually have other parts in stock. Send me an email if they do not have one and I may be able to find one for you.

Greg

Someone ACTUALLY BROKE a Saiga 12 gauge?!?!?!? :ph34r:

:eek: Unthinkable!!! ABSURD!!!! :unsure::cryss:

Maybe absolute worst case scenario.. get a local welder ( see the yellow pages) to put a little nub on there to hold it together... might be a relatively cheap fix ( less than 20 bucks...)

:smoke:

RAA also should be able to fix you up. They reportedly have excellent customer service.

yeah but do you think theyll have this part in stock? according to the manual its called a guide bush. ill call them on monday. thanks for the replies.

lol it was funny, my buddies were all talking about how good other auto shottys spas, usas and i was like yeah but this thing is a beast. after 25 rounds broke. I felt like i lost a child. i wasnt in the mood to shoot anymore. Thought this shotgun could handle it, kinda disappointed.

Edited by cfp636
Try www.saigastock.com. They do not have it listed on the site, but give them a call and they usually have other parts in stock. Send me an email if they do not have one and I may be able to find one for you.

+1, on the Saiga Stock alternative. They've been great for me in the past.

Dude...

i was like yeah but this thing is a beast. after 25 rounds broke. I felt like i lost a child. i wasnt in the mood to shoot anymore. Thought this shotgun could handle it, kinda disappointed.

Just show them all *THIS PAGE*... Cause let me tell ya...

*YOU ARE THE FIRST!!!!!*

Almost a badge of honor! First to break a saiga! YAY YOU!!!!! :haha:

:smoke:

ehhhh i said fuk it and fixed it, i crimped end with vise grips. heated the metal and crimped. it holds for now. im gona test fire sevral rounds 2morrow and see how it does. im still gona call RAA and see if they can send me replament guide. wish me luck on botch , the test firing and the repl part from RAA, i hope they dont give me the run around. I dont feel like sending my saiga in. i just want a replacement guide.

post-13497-1225676923_thumb.jpg

Edited by cfp636
::jaw drops::

I'm with Indy on this one...holy shite

Yeah really.........this has to be the first time, somebody must have known it would happen eventually.....they put a ninja with bugged out eyes in the smileys section................ :ph34r:

Ive never used that ninja before.

yeah ur absolutley right, i called them this morning and he knew my name from an email i sent them saturday. All he asked was that i give him my serial number off gun and will send it asap. he also asked if i could send the recoil soring assembley back so he can send it to the factory so they can see what happend, maybe i had a defective guide and it had a hairline crack noonne saw. anyways if fix it myself last night and crimped the ends so rods couldstay 2gether. 2day i shot 50 rounds of oo buck and slugs and it shot all rounds without a hitch. :D

yeah ur absolutley right, i called them this morning and he knew my name from an email i sent them saturday. All he asked was that i give him my serial number off gun and will send it asap. he also asked if i could send the recoil soring assembley back so he can send it to the factory so they can see what happend, maybe i had a defective guide and it had a hairline crack noonne saw. anyways if fix it myself last night and crimped the ends so rods couldstay 2gether. 2day i shot 50 rounds of oo buck and slugs and it shot all rounds without a hitch. :D

Glad to hear they are taking care of you. My dealings with RAAC were also excellent. Simply the BEST customer service I have ever witnessed!

• 8 months later...

Glad to hear they are taking care of you. My dealings with RAAC were also excellent. Simply the BEST customer service I have ever witnessed!

I hate to bring back a really old thread but i recently just had the same exact problem. I just dropped it in the mail to RAAC and hopefully it gets back quickly. was this a problem after the replacement? or were there anymore occurances?