Dude, you didnt even read the bill. It was introduced by the REPUBLICAN representative from Illiniois. Its not new, the republican representative introduced it back in June....... It wasnt even the democrats. get your facts correct.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-6257

The link he posted failed and my link is out of date but the McCarty AWB and the reauthorization of the Biden authored AWB will be one of the first items on the agenda when the congress critters come back from break.

Oh and Republicans are part of this scam too,this election was merely to eliminate as many dissenters as possible from either party because they all take money from the CFR,European Theosophists and the likes of George Soros

SOPMOD, You are right about the money. Talked with my great aunt today. She is very upset. Not that Obama won, It's his backers. And all the funds that have no trail. Use to be, "Fallow the money." Become so criminal that the powers have set it up you can't. Her main reason for being disheartened. All the sacrifices given by so many are being wasted. She was a 17yr old US aid/Red Cross worker during the Blitz. Have had her men in every war, including this one. Her husband servived the Warsaw Ghetto. Her words. "Just feel sad. That all you youngins will have to battle tyrants again. Our own people are too lazy or stupid to be free." :smoke: P.S. I am just humbled by those who came before me and refuse to let their sacrifices be in vain.

So don't just sit around and sulk, I know this is was introduced back in June and backed by "republicans" (not conservatives), but we still need to write our reps and congressman.

I was too young to know what was going on back in the 90s too, but I will not sit on my thumb when I know there is a chance I can help this time around.

Write a letter and save it as a template for the next bill that is introduced (you know more are coming).

Please, I urge you, if you value your rights and want your children (or the next generation) to have the same rights you were given, stand up and fight.

"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban as soon as I take office. Within 90 days, we will go back after kitchen table dealers, and work to end the gun show and internet sales loopholes. In the first year, I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."

––Barack Obama, VPC Fund Raiser, 2007

I have no proof that he actually said this, but it is a rumor.

Edited by bigj480

I doubt you will find much of anything on Snopes. The site is owned/run by a left wing Lib who tends to downplay anything of a negative nature concerning dems.

I searched the net for that quote and couldn't find anything. Can anybody back that one up, snopes style or the like?

Evening Boys,

I just j'ined the forum as I just ordered my Saiga .308. Should be at my dealer before I get home from this happy little sand box. Seein' as the folks from my neck of the woods already fought TWO wars of independence, I feel inclined to post. I suppose I am limited in what I can actually say about our government, and while it is corny, I will hold true to that until I ETS. I will say however, that we must consolidate our ability to defend ourselves from government now so that when government comes calling with machinations of tyranny we may be able to meet them with such determination as they have exhibited towards the destruction of our liberty. I have always been a defender of The Republic, and the Constitution which governs her. I have sworn to defend that Constitution from all enemies, foreign AND domestic. Perhaps it is stretching interpretation, but I have always believed that to mean enemies of liberty from whatever source derived, to include a tyrannical government. I do not seek to insite sedition, but merely to give substance and recognition to the ever lingering threat to our liberty that begins not in some cave or hollow in a foreign land, but in the hearts of greedy men, and consequently manifested in the halls of The Capitol. I was young as many others in the 90's. I was not yet out of high school when our country was attacked on 9/11. Now I am older, and I am stronger, and I shall never let my republic, my state, or my constitution be reigned over by men of lesser quality than my own frail human construction. My people have been on this continent since the founding of this republic, and have fought in every war in which she has involved herself. We have sacrificed our men in two wars fought on our own soil. We did not fight for money, or for the right to maintain the institution of slavery, but the right of self-governance. We fought The Auld Enemie in Scotland and Ireland, before fighting them here in America. This is our home, and these are not just our rights that we defend, but the rights of all mankind. Look to The District, and there you shall find both out greatest ally, and our greatest adversary. Washington is not a throne, and by the protests of good men, by petition, or God forbid by force, it never shall become one.

"Tyrants fall in every foe, liberty's in every blow!" -Robert Burns