Would This Stock Fit Saiga 12ga?????

yes it will. I believe that is Tapco's T6 AR stock that has been manufactured to fit an AK. But, you have to have converted your Saiga 12 to a pistol grip configuration to be able to use it. If you haven't converted your Saiga, it will fit, but you won't be able to shoot it very easily. Also, Tapco says that they will not have those stocks to sell until early February, so if Randy at Blackjack Buffers has them in stock, get them now.

That picture is one of my stocks attached to one of my stock adapters. I sent Tapco a sample of my stock adapter about a year ago to see if they wanted to carry it.....gee, I wonder where they got the idea for their stock/adapter?????

To answer the fit question

saigaAK.jpg

OK, I am SUPER confused.

Between 'cut that tang' and will this 'fit'...

I'll just admit my ignorance by asking:

I want to attach a SOLID folder (right hand fold) to a saiga WITHOUT modifying the rifle/shotun itself permanently (maybe a screw hole or 2 is ok).

I want to slide off the factory stock and put on another one, using an adapter or whatever, and be able to go back just as easily.

What accessories do I need to make this happen? and what are my choices if there are any?

Thanks 1000000 in advance for your tolerance and knowledge!

C-

That AR stock uses an adapter that is available seperately. It allows the use of any AR stock on an AK. It basicaly allows any buffer tube to be screwed into it. You can use a telestock or any kind of fixed AR stock.

When the ban ended I replaced the fixed telestock AR stock on one of my ARs with a real telestock. Since then I bought an adapter and mounted it on my SAR1.

Two nights ago I did my S12 conversion and transfered the fixed AR stock to the S12. I think it looks pretty cool.

There is a guy on AK-47.net selling just the adapter.

Edited by zipgun
OK, I am SUPER confused.

I want to attach a SOLID folder (right hand fold) to a saiga WITHOUT modifying the rifle/shotun itself permanently (maybe a screw hole or 2 is ok).

I want to slide off the factory stock and put on another one, using an adapter or whatever, and be able to go back just as easily.

What accessories do I need to make this happen? and what are my choices if there are any?

C-

Romanian side folder with grenade launch pad ~ $50.

No modifications to rifle necessary.

how is the adapter attatched to the saiga?

C-

The main piece is a plastic block that goes into the frame. This piece is held on by a screw that comes with it. There is then a round piece the plugs into the block. Another screw is put into that through the upper tang. The AR buffer tub then slips onto the round piece and it screwed into the block. The round piece support the AR stock.

I bought my ar to ak conveter from Blackjack, and fired about 200 rounds of the heaviest 3" mag slugs I could find, cracked the converter block and he sent me a new one free of charge. I have 350 rounds past this one, no problems. He sells the kit with all the parts you need on his website - great guy to deal with also.

http://www.streetneeds.com/uploads/twintur...saigi_conv3.JPG

http://www.streetneeds.com/uploads/twintur...saigi_conv4.JPG

Really??!!!!

For the S-12? how about the S-308?

IS the lock-up SOLID? I mean SOLID!

How does the length of pull compare between the two?

Thanks!

C-

Can't speak for the Saiga .308 but the Romy folder works great on my Saiga-12s. You do need the Bulgarian AK strap-on rubber recoil pad if you're recoil-sensitive or want a longer pull. Lockup is very solid and has remained so to date on the 2 Saiga-12's I've shot extensively with the Romy folder. Due to the Saiga-12's heavier recoil you will probably have to use loctite or something similar to keep the stock screws from loosening over time. HTH...

Tomac

FinishedSaigaS.jpg

OK, I am SUPER confused.

What accessories do I need to make this happen?  and what are my choices if there are any?

C-

There is no way to install any folding type stock to a Saiga without converting it to a pistol grip variation. You could put on some sort of folding stock the way it is but you will not have a pistol grip and it would be awkward to shoot. Although the converstion can be reversed it will be difficult and time consuming. (you have to drill and cut off the bottom plate which in reverse means you have to rerivit back on. Your best bet is to just convert it and forget about converting it back. Oh yeah duh i just remembered this http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=1688 this way you can do what you want. But I have to warn you parts are expensice and finding the correct parts count is difficult. You need to have the correct number of US parts or the gun wont be legal. I did this conversion and quickly realized it was too much work to make parts for compliance.

Oh yeah I got that AR stock and adapter from blackjack. I put on my 7.62x39 and really like it. Havent had a chance to shoot it yet but I like the looks and feel of it. They shipped super fast too I was amazed how quickly it showed up at my door.

Edited by stokstad
That picture is one of my stocks attached to one of my stock adapters. I sent Tapco a sample of my stock adapter about a year ago to see if they wanted to carry it.....gee, I wonder where they got the idea for their stock/adapter?????

To answer the fit question

saigaAK.jpg

is this a 4 point or a 6 point colapsable ar stock? :bann::clover:

That is a 6, I got in the ACE ARFX , ARFX-E (shorter) and M4 SOCOM stocks also. I mounted one of the ARFX-E with a 1" butt pad on my SAR-3 and love it. I'm now a distributor for the ACE stocks and can give you the best price around. I am soon to have a stock adapter (aluminum) for the milled AK's.

That is a 6, I got in the ACE ARFX , ARFX-E (shorter) and M4 SOCOM stocks also. I mounted one of the ARFX-E with a 1" butt pad on my SAR-3 and love it. I'm now a distributor for the ACE stocks and can give you the best price around. I am soon to have a stock adapter (aluminum) for the milled AK's.

'do you have any pics of a 4 point in the closed position. I am planning an order threw you soon. Just trying to straighten it all out. I know I want one of the modified 2 hook triger groups and the stock adapter just need a grip and a stock