Value of S12 Russian 7-round mags

I have never heard of a 7 rnd mag. Are you sure you can't squeeze a 8th in there?

I don't personally own one, but was considering buying one if I had the chance for collector purposes, and in case I ever bought a 2nd S12 for an 8" conversion. But it sounds like you are saying that 7-rounders don't even exist. You mentioned 8-rounders, and I'm of course aware of the factory 5-rounders. Are there any other factory Russian S12 mag capacities? And what are their estimated values?

Edited by Tactical_T
From the factory, they come in 8 round...(which will actually hold 9), 5 round, and 2 round capacities.

Thank you.

So, if I ever saw an S12 mag advertized as a Russian 7-rounder, it would have to be an 8-rounder mistaken for a 7-rounder, or an 8-rounder with some sort of capacity limiter inside it.

By the way, how available or those 2-rounders?

Edited by Tactical_T
Factory mags are 5 and 8 rounds but there are some for sale in New Zealand that are plugged to 7 rounds for legal reasons.

http://www.guncity.co.nz/saiga-12ga-7-shot...xidp121627.html

I actually just saw those. I guess removing the capacity limter plug would not be too hard. But other than for collecting purposes, I really see no need to buy an 8-rounder unless I get an S12 SBS. 10-rounders and drums just make more sense to me.

From the factory, they come in 8 round...(which will actually hold 9), 5 round, and 2 round capacities.

post-1293-1228544539_thumb.jpg

did you mod that 8rd mag with the clear window in it? or did it come factory like that... looks pretty functional.

I made that one so I could tell how many shells I had in the mag and where the follower was, during testing of a 2rd mag extension and my LRBHO.

I've made a few others for members here since then.

I have never heard of a 7 rnd mag. Are you sure you can't squeeze a 8th in there?

The 7 round mag is actualy an 8 round mag with a false base plate added into the bottom of the mag. This is the legal limit is New Zealand.

Just push the pin up on the bottom of the mag to dissasemble and the false plate can be removed.

You can purchase here www.guncity.co.nz for $200NZ which is around $110 american at the moment.

The 2 rounder is the same, a 5 round mag with a plastic packer limiting it to 2 rounds.

A fucking HARD CHROMED SAIGA?!?!?!? Are you SHITTIN ME?!?!?!? Thats the fucking SHIZNITS!!!!

http://www.guncity.co.nz/7.62x39-saiga-rus...xidp212692.html

HOLY FUCK!!! Dragunovs... and Gold plated AK's!!!

Somethings wrong when a GENUINE Dragunov SVD is $2499, and a mosin nagant is $399!!!! ROFL!! :lol: CHRIST!!! .308 Dragunovs?!?!?!? MY GOD MAN!!!!

Almost makes me want to move to NZ.... *ALMOST*.... :lol:

:smoke:

A fucking HARD CHROMED SAIGA?!?!?!? Are you SHITTIN ME?!?!?!? Thats the fucking SHIZNITS!!!!

http://www.guncity.co.nz/7.62x39-saiga-rus...xidp212692.html

HOLY FUCK!!! Dragunovs... and Gold plated AK's!!!

Somethings wrong when a GENUINE Dragunov SVD is $2499, and a mosin nagant is $399!!!! ROFL!! :lol: CHRIST!!! .308 Dragunovs?!?!?!? MY GOD MAN!!!!

Almost makes me want to move to NZ.... *ALMOST*.... :lol:

:smoke:

Yeah and 8rd mags for nearly :dollar: 100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!