Are non-NFA tromix conversions marked?

I'm just wondering if the non-NFA Tromix-converted guns are marked with "Tromix Broken Arrow, OK".

If they aren't, any chance that one could request such markings on, say, an S02? Seems like this would be a nice guarantee of authenticity down the road.

Thanks,

Joe

The guns will start shipping with a certificate of authenticity card with each one.

Tony

That's a good idea. However, I also think that engraving all your conversions (NFA and non-NFA) would be a great idea, especially given the premium prices that Tromix guns command in the marketplace. It'll make it harder to pass off a fake as a real Tromix as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I PMed Tony about this topic and he never got back to me. I feel Tony's work is original, so he should (imo) mark his weapons going out the door. Like any artist would sign his work. A card can get lost or misplaced. I would like to have this done to my Saiga (fingers crossed). If I don't then it's incomplete to me. Again, jmho. I paid a premium for my Tromix. I could have gone with any number of other conversions, but I wanted an original Tony Rumore work of art. There will be copycats who might come close, even closely resemble the real thing. I guess I can whip out my card to prove them wrong. It's around here somewhere....Anyway a 'Maker's Mark' is on my wish list. Thanks again Tony.

Franky.J.

I may be totally off the mark here- but I will add my .02.

I don't think Tony is really worried about how much money you'll be able to make on your shotgun (that he made) after he sells it to you. Once each shotty is paid for and out the door, he doesn't make any more money on it. Why should he be concerned about how much you can make later? He marks the SBS shotguns-not to prove that he made it, but to satisfy Federal requirements for NFA weapons. Don't get me wrong. I own a Tromix SBS and I'm on the waiting list for a non-SBS conversion. I'd love to have the Tromix "stamp" on the receiver of the regular shotgun. I think the certificate is a great touch and a great way to keep track of original Tromix shotguns. I'll throw my certificate in the safe with the tax stamp of the other one-I definitely won't be losing or misplacing something like that.......

I PMed Tony about this topic and he never got back to me. I feel Tony's work is original, so he should (imo) mark his weapons going out the door. Like any artist would sign his work. A card can get lost or misplaced. I would like to have this done to my Saiga (fingers crossed). If I don't then it's incomplete to me. Again, jmho. I paid a premium for my Tromix. I could have gone with any number of other conversions, but I wanted an original Tony Rumore work of art. There will be copycats who might come close, even closely resemble the real thing. I guess I can whip out my card to prove them wrong. It's around here somewhere....Anyway a 'Maker's Mark' is on my wish list. Thanks again Tony.

Franky.J.

Yeah...You're totally off the mark and take your .02 cents back.

HA HA - I'm guess I am. I guess that's why Tony's gotten right back to you - and he's doing the certificates.

Again, as I said before, I'd love to have the Tromix stamp. Problem is that it's yet another extraneous step to finishing every weapon. Doubt he has the time in this climate. Maybe if he charged an additional $150 for the stamp?

This is me taking my .02 back per your request :rolleyes:

Yeah...You're totally off the mark and take your .02 cents back.

HA HA - I'm guess I am. I guess that's why Tony's gotten right back to you - and he's doing the certificates.

Again, as I said before, I'd love to have the Tromix stamp. Problem is that it's yet another extraneous step to finishing every weapon. Doubt he has the time in this climate. Maybe if he charged an additional $150 for the stamp?

This is me taking my .02 back per your request :rolleyes:

I'd gladly pay extra for a signed Picasso vs. an unsigned one.

I liked how my ETAC conversion is stamped with "ETAC" and also has the etac thunderbolt logo stamped on it. Difficult to copy and with the unique trigger guard will always be identifiable as an etac original. I think a TROMIX stamp with some sort of unique logo would be cool. That way down the road who ever has the privilege to own these fine weapons will always be able to identify the original source of the conversion.

CJG

I liked how my ETAC conversion is stamped with "ETAC" and also has the etac thunderbolt logo stamped on it. Difficult to copy and with the unique trigger guard will always be identifiable as an etac original. I think a TROMIX stamp with some sort of unique logo would be cool. That way down the road who ever has the privilege to own these fine weapons will always be able to identify the original source of the conversion.

CJG

Bullseye rotortuner

Thanks. Its really up to Tony whether he wants to take the time to do it or come up with some type of logo. But if i knew that it would have some sort of identifying stamp on it, i would start my form 1's now and put my city state on the guns, but if they wont be stamped by tony, then i will wait on the form 1's so they will say broken arrow on them. So basically the stamping would make everyone comfortable with doing their form 1's now and they wouldnt care about it saying broken arrow on them.

CJG

Tromix guns are engraved on a pantographic mill by hand. It's not a trivial process and the cost is built into the SBS.

Ok thats cool, but what about a similary unique mark on all guns that undergo full conversions even if they arent NFA?

CJG

Tromix guns are engraved on a pantographic mill by hand. It's not a trivial process and the cost is built into the SBS.

Ok thats cool, but what about a similary unique mark on all guns that undergo full conversions even if they arent NFA?

CJG

Good Q: