Has anyone ever...

I have seen a thread on JUST that exact thing here someplace.... Search for it, and you should find it...Might even be in the .410 post section.... but that shouldnt matter... a mag is a mag, with the poly saiga ones... .410/12 gauge, the physics of it should be the same....

Perhaps someone else can think of where it is a bit faster than myself... BVAMP? any clue to that one???

I know its here, with pics and all... they turned out decent...

:smoke:

Edited by IndyArms
Here's a pic of the Saiga 12 with the mags that someone joined:

The racegun is WAKAL's rig. Search on his name and you can find the post where he talks a bit about how he did the join, and the "tricky" parts. IIRC, it involved spot glue, then auto body filler. Also, had to be careful that the groove's align perfectly so that it feeds well.

food for thought:

Could you make an extension from sheetmetal with a flared end, remove the existing floorplate, rivit them together, test it. It fails, drill rivits and reassemble mag. The fiberglass seems like overkill.

Scrap that, never be able to re-install the floorplate...grrr

Edited by Doerdie
Take it from a guy that found out the hard way, Do Not try to reduce the size of the mag follower! I tried it and #1 it still won't fit an extra shell and #2 the mag now wants to jam due to the follower size being reduced. It sounded like a good idea in theory. Now I'm stuck with a mag that won't feed. Back to the drawing board.

Mine works fine, and I did the modification w/o any guidance. I am the original poster to this mod on gunsnet that then drifted its way here.

I'm not sure why some mags would have a misfeed problem with this mod.

Is there a way to make some kind of mag Extension using a mag like a G3 or similar that you could replace the mags floor plate with on a S-12 five round mag?

I don't have a S-12 yet so I really don't know what the bottom of the mag looks like.

It just seems easer to work on some kind of mag Extension than reworking a deferent mag to fit the rifle.