Ready to buy my Saiga 12 right now by phone & CC... who should I c

this thread was started the other day and has a link to a shop w/ S-12's in stock. I think this is the best price you are going to find. http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=33354

.... A shop up the street has S-12's in stock for $799....Fucking bastards... this gun a a POS and is not worth $800 in its bone stock configuration (don't get me wrong the Saiga is awesome, but not $800 awesome).

I tried calling them... but the line is busy.

I also called Shooters Jax... and it was a very weird call.

They told me they cant quote prices over the phone, and that it would be mid 6's to low 7's....

then I called back and asked why the price range and they said they cant quote prices over the phone and that it could vary on furniture.

i said ok, well your website says $575...

he said well that doesnt include their $50 "transfer fee" and $35 "addtional" fee.

i asked him what this "additional fee" was and he said sometimes FFL's they send guns too require payment to do paper work.

I am goign to check out RRA... but are they going to charge this $85 in BS fees on top of their website price of $530?

this thread was started the other day and has a link to a shop w/ S-12's in stock. I think this is the best price you are going to find. http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=33354

.... A shop up the street has S-12's in stock for $799....Fucking bastards... this gun a a POS and is not worth $800 in its bone stock configuration (don't get me wrong the Saiga is awesome, but not $800 awesome).

What do you mean its a POS?

I plan on having a grand worth of conversions done to it... is this gun not worth it then or what?

I dont want to buy junk...

I dont mean to say that the S-12 is total junk, because its not. It's a reliable design that has been proven over decades of global conflicts (the automat kalashnikov design). And when "modified" back into its assault configuration its a nasty gun that is brutally effective. This class of guns (automat kalashnikov) was designed to be cheap/ easy to manufacture and reliable in combat....

The S-12 receiver is made of stamped steel with a shitty paint job. The stock furniture is cheap 'plastic'.....IMHO, and it is just an OPINION, this gun is NOT worth a cent over $600 in its STOCK configuration. My gun was on backorder for over 5 months. I prepaid $440 for it, but the day I went to pick it up the price went up to $520...thats how much these things go for now.

What I am pisses about is dealers charging $800 for this gun....its fucking robbery, no bones about it. This is not an $800 gun in its stock configuration...because you are going to have to throw $500+ into it.

Anyway. It's a bad-ass gun and you should get your hands on one if you can get one for a reasonable price, for me thats under $600, but you have to decide whats reasonable for you. I don't regret for a second throwing a bunch of cash at this thing to buy mags, a drum, and modifying accessories.

I agree 100%...I think $600 is the max a stock one should go for...it's obvious that a lot of dealers are taking advantage right now...as long as people keep paying more they will keep charging more, sadly :(

I dont mean to say that the S-12 is total junk, because its not. It's a reliable design that has been proven over decades of global conflicts (the automat kalashnikov design). And when "modified" back into its assault configuration its a nasty gun that is brutally effective. This class of guns (automat kalashnikov) was designed to be cheap/ easy to manufacture and reliable in combat....

The S-12 receiver is made of stamped steel with a shitty paint job. The stock furniture is cheap 'plastic'.....IMHO, and it is just an OPINION, this gun is NOT worth a cent over $600 in its STOCK configuration. My gun was on backorder for over 5 months. I prepaid $440 for it, but the day I went to pick it up the price went up to $520...thats how much these things go for now.

What I am pisses about is dealers charging $800 for this gun....its fucking robbery, no bones about it. This is not an $800 gun in its stock configuration...because you are going to have to throw $500+ into it.

Anyway. It's a bad-ass gun and you should get your hands on one if you can get one for a reasonable price, for me thats under $600, but you have to decide whats reasonable for you. I don't regret for a second throwing a bunch of cash at this thing to buy mags, a drum, and modifying accessories.

make shure you have a dealer that will do the tranfer for a good price mines $25 and $75 on class 3

$75....Ouch! I have two guys I deal with. One for C3 and one for everything else. My costs are goofy, $30 for regular and $10 for C3. I'll be giving the one guy $90 on Wednesday as I have two coming from RRA and a Aresnal 107CR coming from someone else. All set to arrive on the same day. Please, do not tell my wife. :cryss:

For the fellow that called RRA and didn't get an answer, keep trying. I've had better luck in the afternoons. Also, they were closed on the 1st. Very nice people to deal with, once you get them on the phone. When I called to make sure that my FFL's info had arrived, the nice lady made sure everything was GTG and then personally walked to the shipping department to make sure things were ironed out there too. They then emailed me with the tracking number. $530 seems quite fair these days...but it doesn't look like the barrels are theaded (at least the one on their website looks that way, maybe that explains the low price). Thus far, I'm very happy.

What are the pros/cons of a threaded/non-threaded barrel?

I'm going to be getting this chopped down to an 8".... does it make a difference for me?

You could choke it if it is threaded. My plan is the same as yours so I didn't really care either way.

Hold the phone a minute, Yes the reciever is made of stamped steel but try to drill a hole in it without a primium drill bit, you will smoke cheap ones all day long, it's stapmed but is freaking strong. Bottom line is in terms of weapon effectiveness underany condition the Saiga comes out on top. In terms of obtainable weapon that can be reloaded quickly as far as a shotgun goes there are no other shotguns in it's league. Your getting a crome lined barrel. The simple fact is that no one wanted a Saiga when you could get them all day long for 300 bucks now that the cost much more people want them like crazy. I understand bitching about the price, my answer to that is it only hurts once and you should have gotten on the band wagon 4 years a go. People waited and waited and now the price has gone way up Sorry. Snooze you Lose.

The gun is like Gold it's worth what people will pay for it.

Edited by topmaul
and what are the pros/cons of choking it?

If you had a Poly choke you could adjust the spead/pattern. Or, if it is threaded, you could put a muzzle break on it to help with reducing recoil.

Where is it threaded? By the receiver?

or at the tip by the brake?

Yes, at the muzzle. Maybe they are threaded...but the picture on the RRA website is small/poor even when you 'click to enlarge' and doesn't appear to be threaded or have a thread protector. I didn't bother to ask when I ordered as I didn't really care.

So I'm im planning to go to 8 or 11", chokes dont come into play and there fore threading isnt needed?

I'm not sure how well (or if it can me done at all for that matter) a poly choke would work on a SBS. I'm going the same route you are (SBS) and plan to have a muzzle break installed at that time...probably a Tromix Shark.

and what are the pros/cons of choking it?

If you had a Poly choke you could adjust the spead/pattern. Or, if it is threaded, you could put a muzzle break on it to help with reducing recoil.

Where is it threaded? By the receiver?

or at the tip by the brake?

Yes, at the muzzle. Maybe they are threaded...but the picture on the RRA website is small/poor even when you 'click to enlarge' and doesn't appear to be threaded or have a thread protector. I didn't bother to ask when I ordered as I didn't really care.

So I'm im planning to go to 8 or 11", chokes dont come into play and there fore threading isnt needed?

I'm not sure how well (or if it can me done at all for that matter) a poly choke would work on a SBS. I'm going the same route you are (SBS) and plan to have a muzzle break installed at that time...probably a Tromix Shark.

hmm thats cool you can adjust spread/pattern.

Yeah I plan on adding a tromix shark break to the end... so I guess it doesnt affect me either way.

and I dont think there is much else you can change on the spread/pattern of an 8"... but I could be wrong.

Seems like its gonna give you the most spread overall really.

I'm just not sure if I want to go 8 or 11.

I mean I do want to go 8... but the 11" gives me a bigger foregrip to add a VFG at a 45* angle which Im heavily thinking of doing...

• 1 month later...
I also called Shooters Jax... and it was a very weird call.

They told me they cant quote prices over the phone, and that it would be mid 6's to low 7's....

then I called back and asked why the price range and they said they cant quote prices over the phone and that it could vary on furniture.

i said ok, well your website says $575...

he said well that doesnt include their $50 "transfer fee" and $35 "addtional" fee.

i asked him what this "additional fee" was and he said sometimes FFL's they send guns too require payment to do paper work.

I am goign to check out RRA... but are they going to charge this $85 in BS fees on top of their website price of $530?

Wow that guy is full of shit. No seller charges a transfer fee. Your FFL charges you the fee and you pay them yourself. Remind me to never ever buy anything from them ever.

This is the place that has them for $530... It was $548.30 shipped!

http://rrarms.com/catalog.php?prod=GIZ109

Wow... I just checked this link....

Can the price relaly be $150 more?

Is that just their company?

I just bought mine from them a month ago for 548 shipped...

Or did saigas across the board jump up $150?!

$690?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Screw that place.

I got mine here: http://www.centerfiresystems.com/SAI-12.aspx