Saiga 308 -> $800!!!

A guy I work with saw my Saiga 308 and decided to go out and buy himself one. Now we work at a range and we get to know the reputations of all of the dealers in the area. He of course goes to the one dealer that deserves to be in jail and asks if he can get him one. The dealer told him 'He will honor the old price of $650 and not charge him the 'price increase' of $800'. :ded: To make it worse the dealer told him 3 - 4 months before he gets it.

I told him he was being ripped off and said 'I don't care, I want it'. Asshat.

So far this is the most expensive I've heard of a rifle selling for (unconverted).

A Saiga 308 will be a $1000 rifle by this time next year and a properly converted one will be upwards of $1500

I bought the base rifle this was built from for under $300,LOL

Saiga-DMR.jpg

I've been offered $1000 for it :eek:

$1000 would buy a lot of survival supplies but then you would be missing your #1 tool. :( I know that a WASR-10 sold at a gun show here for $800 in December :eek: . I was there talking to the table owner when someone bought it.

A Saiga 308 will be a $1000 rifle by this time next year and a properly converted one will be upwards of $1500

Saiga-DMR.jpg

$1000 would buy a lot of survival supplies but then you would be missing your #1 tool. :( I know that a WASR-10 sold at a gun show here for $800 in December :eek: . I was there talking to the table owner when someone bought it.

Oh,I'm not selling,in fact if there were more FBMG mags I'd probably build a clone of this one but with synthetic furniture.Handsome is as handsome does and other than the iron sights and cheaper mags this rifle will do anything my M1A could do and it has the same manual of operation as my standby AKMs.

I don't think I'll ever sell off my Saigas and if I decide I want more of them down the road and have to pay $1000ea to get them then so be it,they can do the job of a $1000 rifle and I like the heck out of them.

Saiga-DMR.jpg

That does look sharp in those stocks. Glad you kept it like that. :super:

I agree dealers are raising prices doing to inability to receive new stock new saigas here locally went from 499 to 699 and 799 my dealers are even having a hard time getting anything semi auto they had 1 glock in stock when they normally have 20 revolvers still seem to be plentiful with no price change yet

Hi Gang I just joined this forum, but am well known on others. I also write for the Buckeye Firearms Association. I could not help but notice this thread when I signed up so I had to jump in as I had just put my Saiga .308 up for sale on my gun club forum. However as noted below in post 15,after picking up some additional gear for it, I may keep her. Posted a photo link so you can take a look at her, may change out the dragonov style stock.

http://i42.tinypic.com/1zr0w0i.jpg

Edited by gopguy

At the most recent Springfield, MO gunshow, some Joker was asking $800 for his well-worn EAA Saiga 308. I heard him talking to the poor soul who eventually purchased it, saying "You gotta get yourself a Tapco G3 [sic] trigger group. It drops right in and it makes it a lot better." The gun had a Romanian ribbed top cover that he proudly shared he installed by himself!

Wow. I shook my head and walked away to hunt for good deals on ammo. There were actually a few good deals to be found from the smaller sellers' private collections.

Hi Gang I just joined this forum, but am well known on others. I also write for the Buckeye Firearms Association. I could not help but notice this thread when I signed up so I had to jump in as I just put my Saiga .308 up for sale on my gun club forum. I live in Wilmington Ohio where DHL just laid everyone off, 15,000 people, so I am not expecting the locals to pound down my door. Tacticool, if you want to save your buddy a few bucks mine is a better deal, especially with the extras.

This is what I posted on the club site and also have now put her up on a few other gunboards.

I have a very nice, Saiga .308-1 rifle with some extras. Choate Dragonov stock, with spring loaded rotary cheek piece , SGM Tactical forearm, PKM rear sight and four magazines. 2- factory 8 round mags and 2- Surefire 25 round magazines. That is nearly $300 worth of extra goodies.

$700 + shipping.

I am willing to ship to your FFL with payment by postal money order

or will meet face to face in SW Ohio with cash payment.

You can email me at gayguy63@yahoo.com

http://i42.tinypic.com/1zr0w0i.jpg

Well that's very stylish. Why don't you post your for sale ads in the classified forums instead of cluttering our beloved discussion forum? :devil:

Edited by Surly

When I saw someone was going to pay $800 for one, I thought I would try to draw attention to the fact one (with goodies) could be purchased for less and try save the fellow a few bucks. I have not gotten around to putting it in the classifieds here, and not too sure I will. Over the weekend I ran into the fellow I got the gun from and he found additional mags (one more surefire -25rnd and three 8 rnd mags) he had misplaced and a Tapco pistol grip/stock combo... I pitched in a few more bucks for that... So now I am not so sure I am real hot to sell her...