SBS Railed HG's or similiar?

Anyone,

Does Krebs or any vendor here make handguards like this for the S17?

Also, is there a way to refinish the gas piston/bolt group assembly, minus the actual rotating portion of bolt face? I stripped mine to a VERY shiney finish and would rather it be all black or dark grey again.

Of course PICS help a ton here.

Thanks,

Mike

030-1.jpg

I dont know about the rail, you need one wide enough to clear for the back of the barrel. Maybe a tube like jaymce made with rails added and fabricate a rail for the short upper tube. As for the carrier, you can get a nice satin grey by bead or fine abrasive blasting. Or for black, abrasive blast the carrier and spray with SOCOM/Flat MolyResin if you want it to match the gun finish.

I am currently in the process of developing an after market hand guard for the S-17. It's not ready just yet but it is close. I really can't give any more details until I become a business member here but I will be looking to set up a business account soon. Once I get everything squared away with that I'll post more information on it.

Dirkenstien

I am currently in the process of developing an after market hand guard for the S-17. It's not ready just yet but it is close. I really can't give any more details until I become a business member here but I will be looking to set up a business account soon. Once I get everything squared away with that I'll post more information on it.

Dirkenstien

Sweet! Can't wait to see what you've got.

Dirkenstien

Is it at least a quad rail?

Dirkenstien

It is a tri-rail designed to compliment the aesthetics of the S-17 and be interchangeable with the current shorty hand guard. I'm a very big Tromix supporter so the plan is to only sell it to S-17 owners and Tromix approved businesses. A full length tri-rail is also in the plans.

Dirkenstien

Dirkenstien

It is a tri-rail designed to compliment the aesthetics of the S-17 and be interchangeable with the current shorty hand guard. I'm a very big Tromix supporter so the plan is to only sell it to S-17 owners and Tromix approved businesses. A full length tri-rail is also in the plans.

Dirkenstien

Nice, i am having Red Jacket do my S-17 conversion, but it wont be ready for a couple months by the time I get my form 1 done.

When do you think it will be ready?

Where are the tri-rails?

Sides and bottom?

Hopefully that way I can still add a cobra scout rail on top.

Anyone,

Does Krebs or any vendor here make handguards like this for the S17?

Also, is there a way to refinish the gas piston/bolt group assembly, minus the actual rotating portion of bolt face? I stripped mine to a VERY shiney finish and would rather it be all black or dark grey again.

Of course PICS help a ton here.

Thanks,

Mike

030-1.jpg

Isnt that a SBS already with the quad rail on it?

Unfortunatly not for sale but I built these a year ago. Tri rail, fits s12 reciever like a glove

This is pre hardcoat

My thoughts are if I were to produce I would sell to anyone who needed them

I am not a business member so I cannot at this time. :unsure:

Img_0046.jpg

Unfortunatly not for sale but I built these a year ago. Tri rail, fits s12 reciever like a glove

This is pre hardcoat

Img_0046.jpg

Ski I'm not real sure I understand what your saying about the rail as far as it's possable availability now or in the future but, if you have one or are planning on making one or more in the future I am (as it would seem are others) VERY interested in the cost, availability, time frame to produce and deposit requirment for one of these rails as pictured here for my Tromix S-17.

Now I understand your reluctance to discuss business matters in open forum so if it makes it any easier PM or E-mail me you phone number or I'll send you mine in order to continue this matter offline.

Now for all the other folks out there that will be wanting a slice of my scalp because they want one also I promise I will report back to the brotherhood what I find out and nobody has to worry about stepping out of offical forum rules (I HOPE).

If I am incorrect concerning any of the above I'm very sure that someone with a really big boot will come along and GENTLY!!! correct me ...(looks over shoulder for Juggs :ph34r: ).

Dirkenstien

Dirkenstien

And I would REALLY like to know more about your future plans along this line Dirk, same as I told Ski if you would like to talk offline shoot me a PM or E-mail and I would be very happy to act as an informational source for the brothers here until such time as your able to get legal with Makc.

(Looks over shoulder again for Juggs :ph34r: and braces for impending contact :eek: ).

Edited by gmorgan

You know what really sucks ??? if you both come out with differnt ideas of this lil project I'll probably end up getting BOTH :rolleyes: .

"Sorry kids Osama Obama canceled Christmas this year in order to not offend our muslem neighbors and friends so it looks like daddy is just gonna have to buy both these new things :angel: in order to STIMULATE the economy" :dollar:

Dirkenstien

Dirkenstien

Nice, i am having Red Jacket do my S-17 conversion, but it wont be ready for a couple months by the time I get my form 1 done.

When do you think it will be ready?

Where are the tri-rails?

Sides and bottom?

Hopefully that way I can still add a cobra scout rail on top.

TronJohn,

That's correct. Two rails on the side and one on the bottom. From what I can tell you won't have any problems with Cobra's products and this hand guard.

Dirkenstien

Dirkenstien

And I would REALLY like to know more about your future plans along this line Dirk, same as I told Ski if you would like to talk offline shoot me a PM or E-mail and I would be very happy to act as an informational source for the brothers here until such time as your able to get legal with Makc.

(Looks over shoulder again for Juggs :ph34r: and braces for impending contact :eek: ).

Gmorgan,

I plan on getting an account set up within the next week or two and will release more information at that time. Thanks for your interest!

Dirkenstien

• 1 month later...

This is pre hardcoat

Img_0046.jpg

what kind of stock is that

Anybody find a commercially available one yet?

I'm in the process of setting up my business membership here. Everything should be up and running by the end of the weekend/early next week and I'll release more information on my hand guard soon. I think you're going to like this bad boy. B)

Right now I'm projecting a mid to late next month production run.

Will keep you updated.