Suggestions for tac flashlight for S12

I am a BIG advocate of the Streamlight TLR-2. Its a combination light and laser. I've posted some comments and a link to a review elsewhere on this forum.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=33319&hl=

Excellent unit and very compact. You can use it on a long gun or pistol. Great versitility.

I was recently at a large gun show and saw several M6 clones of this unit which I REALLY liked for the price. I see them going for about $100 on ebay now. See Item number: 350119008500.

Make sure you get the one with machined lens and not the xenon version. (MUCH brighter.)

Edited by JeffD
I am a BIG advocate of the Streamlight TLR-2. Its a combination light and laser. I've posted some comments and a link to a review elsewhere on this forum.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=33319&hl=

Excellent unit and very compact. You can use it on a long gun or pistol. Great versitility.

I was recently at a large gun show and saw several M6 clones of this unit which I REALLY liked for the price. I see them going for about $100 on ebay now. See Item number: 350119008500.

Make sure you get the one with machined lens and not the xenon version. (MUCH brighter.)

The TLR-2 is a nice piece of equipment. I ended up selling mine though to get more ammo. Decided the laser wasn't really necessary for it on my Glock that I originally bought it for. Now I use just the TLR-1 which is way less since it doesn't have the laser. Thing works really well though on the Surefire Tri-rail.

You may find that filament incandescent lights do not stand up to the recoil of the S12 as well as you might hope. I used 30mm scope rings to mount a light to my DSA FAL Carbine and then made a rubber bushing to create a shock mount for the 1" flashlight. It is still working, and I killed several bulbs before I went to this system.

Also LED lights will stand up better to recoil then filament lights.

Thanks for the suggestions!!! I'll look into them.

Any opinions on the M951 from surefire. I put up a bid onebay for one.

I have a few of them and they are superior quality. Many make good lights but they seem to be measured by Surefire. I think Azrial makes a good point about using an LED vs Filament. Surefire also maked LED bulbs that will fit the M951. You're probably the one that outbid me. :)

I have a nice surefire but the CAA tac light mount I have is too wide for it. It clamps tight around the front bezel but doesn't touch any other part of the light, feels like shock would force it out. Hows about some good solid light mounts?