Anyone into Automatic Knives? Check out my new 'Grail'

This is what the UPS guy dropped off on my doorstep this afternoon... and I was too darned excited about it not to post these photos as soon as possible; I received a G&G Hawk T.A.S.C.-Force auto (#14/20, clear G10 Scales on black frame) and since opening the box that it arrived in.... save for taking these photos.... I have been completely incapable of setting the auto down. IT IS AWESOME TO WORK!

I'm one of only 20 people to have the good fortune of owning and cherishing this brand new model custom knife from Grant & Gavin Hawk.... and to my knowledge, this is the father and son team's very first automatic knife. T.A.S.C. stands for Trigger And Safety Combined. Anyway, here are the photos and as is often said, "they simply don't due the knife justice":

MyGGHawkTASCAutoinClearG10Scales005.jpg

MyGGHawkTASCAutoinClearG10Scales006.jpg

Oh.... and here is a photo of my meager collection of G&G Hawk custom knives (left to right: T.O.A.D. in damascus, T.A.S.C.-Force auto, RAM II in damascus, and MUDD folder):

MyGGHawkTASCAutoinClearG10Scales002.jpg

:devil:

Wow Gary thanks for sharing. That's nice! Cool collection. I love my little Boker Kalashinkov AK-74 Auto. I carry it all the time.

My next auto will hopeully be the Spiderco Scarab OTF. That mutha's BAD to the bone!

Wow Gary thanks for sharing. That's nice! Cool collection. I love my little Boker Kalashinkov AK-74 Auto. I carry it all the time.

My next auto will hopeully be the Spiderco Scarab OTF. That mutha's BAD to the bone!

Thank you for the kind words Shannon!

By the way, Gavin Hawk is developing an OTF auto as well. He's forwarded a couple .jpg images of his rough prototype (made me promise absolutely not to share with anyone) and it is going to truly be a hum-dinger of an OTF. Gavin is kinda hugely into the details of things and a tremendous innovator when it comes to the mechanical design and function of folding knives.

Anyway, I'm sure your Spiderco Scarab will ROCK!!!

:super:

Edited by Gary

I carry a Benchmade and I like it. I have two of them...the one pictured is my second and I got it because it has the pocket clip that my first one is lacking. I'll have to check these G&G's out. :devil:

g20.JPG

Wow that sucks....even if you have a CCL? Well...at least you can still carry a pistol.

From my understanding, it's ok to carry them here as long as they are not concealed. From what I was told by a LEO, if the pocket clip is showing, it's not technically concealed. He also said though...it's really up to the discretion of the officer, and if you are asking for trouble, you will get it.

Very Nice Gary! :D

When I am working I usually carry a funny old Black Knife, that I have had for years, since 1988. I have never had to replace the spring in it. Mine is sterile.

blackauto1.jpg

Great looking addition to your collection Gary! :super: SiCaRiO - I have been carrying one for years in Texas. I think it's like so many other things; you behave and they don't bother you. I can't imagine with a CCL that any policeman would bother to say something about an auto-knife. It is a personal decision though and I understand wanting to avoid the drama. :)

Awesome knife! But I gotta ask, what's with the skull? I think my coffee table wants one.

The skull is an exceptionally detailed solid resin cast, manufactured by a company out of the United Kingdom called "Design Clinic." Here is their website: http://www.designclinic.co.uk/intro.html

I purchased the skull from them online a few years ago and they shipped it from the U.K. Alas, I don't believe they have such a service any longer directly from them; the only way to acquire one would be to contact or locate one of their distributors.... the majority (if not all) of which are naturally located in the U.K.

I like using the mechanized Terminator-like skull as a back drop and prop for the majority of any photos I take involving firearms and sharp-pointy-things. It has proved to be a big conversation piece. :rolleyes:

MyGGHawkTASCAutoinClearG10Scales004.jpg

Edited by Gary
Atlanta Cutlery Atlanta Cutlery Website has the "Terminator Skull" too. :super:

:eek:

Well... just call me "fucktarded!" :huh:

(Okay... please don't.)

Upon close inspection that appears to be the exact same identical cast resin skull that I have..... at friggen less than half the bloody price that I paid! (As mentioned, mine had to be shipped from the U.K.) In fact, I'd bet it is the very same. I'd be sincerely interested to know whether their's arrives at your doorstep with a manufacturer's sticker on the bottom with the "Design Clinic" logo and "Made in Cornwall, UK"

Hmmmm.... perhaps a United States distributor or company purchased the resin mold from Design Clinic?

Or..... Damn..... I think I got royally taken. :angry:

:haha2:

Edited by Gary

good looking knife, how much do they run? i'm using a cheapo S&W extreme OPS knife ($11)for duty, no sense in tearing up a $200+ knife at work. I heard rumors of a $45 auto from S&W coming out soon.....

Edited by Vultite