As much as I would like to attend a march, I have a job and other obligations.

Sucks most people don't have time to march around demonstrating for whatever cause. Generally only a bunch of assholes living off the govt dole have time to go march around protesting shit.

God, I've been bitching about the government almost all fucking day.

As much as I would like to attend a march, I have a job and other obligations.

Sucks most people don't have time to march around demonstrating for whatever cause. Generally only a bunch of assholes living off the govt dole have time to go march around protesting shit.

God, I've been bitching about the government almost all fucking day.

My family really hates it when I spend the welfare check on guns and ammo :haha:

Who cares about constitutional rights anyway, .....those rich working fucks. :lolol::lolol::lolol:

None of these marches have succeeded, and that was with people without jobs. Why in the hell do you think that working Conservative Americans will all be able to take off work in mass!

This stupid idea is more harmful then anything else as it will be painted by the media as apathy for the 2nd Amendment!

None of these marches have succeeded, and that was with people without jobs. Why in the hell do you think that working Conservative Americans will all be able to take off work in mass!

This stupid idea is more harmful then anything else as it will be painted by the media as apathy for the 2nd Amendment!

If a march on DC will accomplish nothing, then....

* Why did Martin Luther King have a major speech and huge civil right rally there? ...And later civil rights legislation was passed.

* Why did women's suffrage groups march on Washington around the time of Woodrow Wilson's inauguration (1913) ...And later women got the right to vote.

* Why did Latino groups march in Washington in 2006 concerning the immigration issue ... And the end result was that, despite the existence of 12 to 20 million illegals in the US, and our utter failure to enforce the border, no stricter crackdown occurred, no greater enforcement, no mass deportations, etc. Ultimately, they got what they wanted, which was continued LAX US policy on illegal immigration.

The point is not that all these were good causes--some were terrible, but the point is in each case, a rally or march in Washington played a key part in helping groups to gain critical mass and gain visibility and accomplish social change.

What if a bunch of gun owners took off work to go march around, and for that day absolutely nothing of substance was accomplished in this country? That would be some funny shit.

Somewhere in the colonies..1775. "Declare ourselves independent? Thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard!"

Yea, what a bunch of nut jobs..........and those folks that came up with the 2nd Amendment must have been on crack! :haha:

You folks might also want to see the other thread I stated as the first battle of the war has started........... :cryss:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=36085

If a march on DC will accomplish nothing, then....

* Why did Martin Luther King have a major speech and huge civil right rally there? ...And later civil rights legislation was passed.

* Why did women's suffrage groups march on Washington around the time of Woodrow Wilson's inauguration (1913) ...And later women got the right to vote.

* Why did Latino groups march in Washington in 2006 concerning the immigration issue ... And the end result was that, despite the existence of 12 to 20 million illegals in the US, and our utter failure to enforce the border, no stricter crackdown occurred, no greater enforcement, no mass deportations, etc. Ultimately, they got what they wanted, which was continued LAX US policy on illegal immigration.

The point is not that all these were good causes--some were terrible, but the point is in each case, a rally or march in Washington played a key part in helping groups to gain critical mass and gain visibility and accomplish social change.

You see a cause and effect here with the impetus being the march I disagree. I honestly wish you luck, but this is very unlikely to succeed.

Your plan is dependent on the cooperation of the media and since they are notoriously anti-gun, they will not give you the type or amount of coverage that you are looking for! They are convinced, and rightfully so, that with their complicity in the election of Obama that they can be an instrument for liberal social change, and they want the American people disarmed.

As I have said, I see your plan as harmful and suggest that you come up with a plan with a greater chance of success. A day where all Second Amendment supporters failed to go to work, or if required to attend work failed to perform their job would have far more effect and less cost to the participants. I have seen the "Blue Flu" work, many times.

However, there is little need in debating the future; we will know soon enough who is correct here!

You see a cause and effect here with the impetus being the march I disagree. I honestly wish you luck, but this is very unlikely to succeed.

Your plan is dependent on the cooperation of the media and since they are notoriously anti-gun, they will not give you the type or amount of coverage that you are looking for! They are convinced, and rightfully so, that with their complicity in the election of Obama that they can be an instrument for liberal social change, and they want the American people disarmed.

As I have said, I see your plan as harmful and suggest that you come up with a plan with a greater chance of success. A day where all Second Amendment supporters failed to go to work, or if required to attend work failed to perform their job would have far more effect and less cost to the participants. I have seen the "Blue Flu" work, many times.

However, there is little need in debating the future; we will know soon enough who is correct here!

I agree with you we just have to agree to disagree on this one. We both have valid points and could debate this till the cows come home and still disagree.

• 11 months later...