It seems that everything I've seen at gun shows recently has been horribly overpriced. Fortuneatly, at the last one I went to, I was able to find an individual selling off part of his collection below market value because he was going to be moving. Either way, I was able to pick up an SAR 2 for $250 OTD. It's all Romanian, imported by CAI, and all of the numbers match. I looked it over really well before buying it and found it to be in basically new condition- very little wear on any of the internals. The finish on the wood was better than I've seen on most Romanian rifles, but the metal leaves a bit to be desired. Either way, also picked up two AK 74 magazines and 1000 rounds of Wolf 5.45x39 (60 grain bullet). It shoots beautifully. There is almost no recoil and when the shooter does his part, it prints very respectable groups.

Also shot the chinese AK 47 with some Wolf 7.62x39 and got much better groups than it had been doing before. We had a lot of cheap chinese surplus ammo that didn't shoot worth crap. Anyway, to make a long stroy short, I'm happy.

Yea, thats it , rub it in! :cryss: What is the difference between a SAR1,2 and 3? I am wondering whether to buy one or build my own like Pistonring is doing.

BTW

I was shooting today and another guy had a WASR, My Siaga was punching 4" groups at 100yds...Iwas scoring 90 on 10 rounds consitently. He may have had the pretty wood but I had the better rifle.

Edited by Doerdie

Update:

Yesterday I had a chance to test it at 100 yards, again off of a rest. The best five shot group I got was about 2 inches, using iron sights. Didn't try the scope on it yet. I noticed once again that it put the first ten rounds very far apart on the paper. There was much more dispersion than I've normally seen with just firing form a cold barrel. But once again, the following five shot groups were much tighter. As I've heard it, this type of problem usually indicates a bedding issue. So, the next order of business is to see if the forearm peices are putting pressure on the barrel. Any other suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...
this bulgarian 74 with an 8x scope and barnaul fmj consistently hit a 12"gong at 510 yds. It is quite boring after three mags. I have four more that'll do the same.

yeah..i can see where you would get bored....

send one to me...i'll help you out.......

thanx guys for the kind words, unfortunately, That is not it. I'm still working on two triangular side folder ak74 s one in black and the other in wood, an RPK 74 and a krinkov. I got all the sets but need time to build them without getting the missus enraged cause I spend more time in the gungeon than with her.

So I got a 74n plum with scope rail, 74 wood, 74 black, 74 plum 74m with black side folder.

can you say "compulsive"

well..........sounds like your the man to ask then...........

hi jack thread for a bit....... :angel:

Krinkov...........

Can I get a Krinkov that actually has a real 16" barrel? And get a realistis Shroud/suppressor to go over it?

Then I could get more range...with SBR looks? anyone offering that?

hell...i don't want to have a 10" rifle and permanently pin on a Suppressor that doesn't help accuraccy....

Does this sound do-able at any price? or am i dreaming as-per-usual :rolleyes:

totally hijacked thread, the only krink kits available now are the 16' barrel models that K-var and gunsnstuff.net are selling. buy it today if you can cause they are disappearing fast. Since they come with the original krinkov threaded front sight base putting a permanently attached fake supressor is possible.

that is what I have to do in my state since SBR are not allowed cuase we might hurt ourselves with them.

hope this helps.

those kits come with all new parts and never assembled, nothing is pinned or spaced on the barrel everything is in the white and no serial number anywhere.

Building those are more expensive because of the extra labor.

I would send a line to www.inrangec2.com he is probably the best krink builder in the country and a great guy do deal with though not cheap but well worth every penny.