EDIT: That's no NSP. To be honest i don't even know what it is. It's missing the IR switch. Are you sure it's both russian and nightvision? Looks like some sort of POSP to me.

Edited by Agias

If I recall from my previous research (please don't hold it against me), the IR sight is like a filter. This one only appears to be a lit reticle version.

Also, the finish is very dark. This could be a "Belarus" or something. If I recall on those, they are the ones they get exported when they don't meet the milspec standards over there. Blemishes or flaws etc. Well, something like that...just generally lesser quality.

Normally the fastest way to identify an "IR filter" PSO scope is the switch.

Research the Dragunov rifles. Some people sell them with the "original scope" and some do not.

You can spot them from a special switch (noted in the updated pic).

I'll try to find the article on it I had a while back and post it here for you.

Here... http://www.dragunov.net/pso.html

Look down for the PSO-1 and see the switch Im talking about. It goes into some detail with how it works with pics.

(note the color of the finish too).

post-5106-1239337270_thumb.jpg

Edited by whatmanual
  • 1 month later...

This is an actual night vision scope.

aknightscope.jpg

Whay you may have is one with an IR lens that supposedly picks up IR light sources, which are invisible to the naked eye. Then you can take a shot at the IR source, hopefully hitting something meaningful in the process

My Chinese Drag has the filter equipped scope, when you flip it into position, its makes the optics cloudy, and supposedly, will pick up active IR light sources, such as the big light that was used on the M3 Carbine sniper set up, or, like an infrared laser, or illuminator, as used on some modern IR stuff.

Seeing that most, if not all Mil issue stuff is completely passive, its use, is somewhat dubious in value, on a modern battlefield.

The OP's scope, as noted above, does not have the lever or lens, and is not a night vision device.

i don't think its a night vision scope. Those NSPU's are ,is anyone had a chance to use one of them?

http://imageevent.com/willyp/russiansoviet...amp;s=0&z=9

http://imageevent.com/willyp/russiansoviet...vietsvddragunov

I am thinking to get one, I checked, and those are legal in Kalifornia ,it use Moon , star light .

Edited by atakacorp
  • 1 year later...

A NVG rifle scope is illegal in the PRK, however I believe a NVG monocular behind a red dot or holoscope should be Ok IMHO.... BTW that's a 10/30 mag ;-0

Can you explain in detail, how is a certain scope iligal on a certain rifle? Not saying its BS just never heard of any type of scope being illegal on any rifle

IR detectors on the original PSO-1 scopes, Chinese copy of the PSO and a civilian POSP 4x24:

You can see the POSP doesn't have it installed

4x24ComparisonIR.JPG

4x24ComparisonLeft.JPG

By night vision I think the seller must have been talking about the illuminated reticule which is common to all the POSP and PSO series scopes

Z

Dedicated nightvision scopes are not allowed for sale in this "workers paradise". The Eotech is not a NVG scope but is compatible with a NVG monocular. Gotta split hairs in this sorry state to get close to the same 2A freedoms enjoyed by most Americans in free states.