No charges in north Houston freeway gunshot exchange

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6366239.html

No charges have been filed so far in a fatal shooting earlier this week on Interstate 45.

Houston police said a man killed one man and wounded two others after they fired at him while driving in the 9400 block of North Freeway about 12:20 a.m. Wednesday.

Officers were called to a gas station in the 7400 block of North Shepherd because three males had been shot. Investigators determined that the men had been shot at the freeway and drove to the Shell station.

According to police, they were driving a white Pontiac Grand Prix when they fired gunshots at the driver of a truck. Then they exited the freeway at West Gulf Bank.

The truck driver stopped on the West Gulf Bank overpass and got a rifle from his back seat for protection, police said. As he looked over the side of the freeway to see the license plate of the Pontiac, he saw the car's driver's side window open and feared the suspects would shoot at him again.

He fired several shots at the Pontiac, hitting the passenger who was sitting in the front seat and another man who was in the back seat.

The front-seat passenger, 17, was taken to Memorial Hermann Northwest Hospital, where he later was pronounced dead.

The Ponitac's driver, who was cut in the face by flying glass and shrapnel, and rear seat passenger were treated at the hospital. Their conditions are not immediately known.

A 19-year-old man who was passenger in the car ran away, but was later found and questioned.

I certainly don't condone the actions of the kids in the car, but I'll tell you something... I travel I-80 between Ohio and central PA a lot, and the amount of truckers who get side by side and slow traffic down is goddamn maddening. I wouldn't doubt there have been some people who have wanted to take a couple shots at those truckers. It really pisses me off that they complain about not getting any respect from the other drivers on the road, and then they turn around and do that shit.

I certainly don't condone the actions of the kids in the car, but I'll tell you something... I travel I-80 between Ohio and central PA a lot, and the amount of truckers who get side by side and slow traffic down is goddamn maddening. I wouldn't doubt there have been some people who have wanted to take a couple shots at those truckers. It really pisses me off that they complain about not getting any respect from the other drivers on the road, and then they turn around and do that shit.

Until you have driven that truck 10 hrs a day 7 days a week you don't have a clue about what your talking about. I have 3 million miles in those trucks and you 4wheelers cause more problems than any other vehicle on the highway.

have a nice day.

Until you have driven that truck 10 hrs a day 7 days a week you don't have a clue about what your talking about. I have 3 million miles in those trucks and you 4wheelers cause more problems than any other vehicle on the highway.

have a nice day.

Amen brother, another trucker here, 10 yrs on the road, 9 doing long haul flatbed, last year doing a nice cushy regional.

You can take a minute to pass another truck and some fucking 4wheelers act like you just delayed their commute for hours.

Been told via sign language that I'm #1 too many times, cut off and brakes slammed in front of me and other acts of ass'inine acts of road rage.

Ah Hell, anyone with 1/2 a brain cell can tell you that those big ass trucks can stop on a dime and give you 12 cents change, can be pararell parked easier than a VW bettle, are just fuel guzzlers, and most of drivers are on meth or something. But really, even when we are pulling the 5th wheel, total length of my truck and trailer are only about 52 ft, butt wipes in 4 wheelers will even cut me off and cuss at me for being in the right lane running 70 mph. I think that the only mistake this driver made was NOT having a S-12 with a MD20 drum, locked and loaded in the cab with him, then he wouldn't have had to stop, but hide and watch, the ACLU will come out and scream that he violated their civil rights by shooting back.

have a nice day.

I don't have to drive a truck 10 hours a day, 7 days a week to understand respect. You want respect? Show me some, and you'll get it in return. I give respect to any driver of any vehicle who signals their intentions and is a safe driver. If you think simply sitting behind the wheel for as long as you specified give you the right to be a jackass, you have another thing coming.

have a nice day.

Amen brother, another trucker here, 10 yrs on the road, 9 doing long haul flatbed, last year doing a nice cushy regional.

You can take a minute to pass another truck and some fucking 4wheelers act like you just delayed their commute for hours.

Been told via sign language that I'm #1 too many times, cut off and brakes slammed in front of me and other acts of ass'inine acts of road rage.

I doubt TR was talking about one semi passing another. I'll bet he was talking about what I've encountered NUMEROUS times.........when 2 semi's get side-by-side and just cruise like that for MILES and MILES. Not passing eachother. Just blocking both lanes going about 60. That shit is ridiculous.

My drive to work is filled with driving alongside semis, and 99.99% of the time, they're courteous enough to move over when going up a hill and don't have the speed to keep up, etc. Letting everyone else pass in the passing lane. But every now and then, you'll get two jerk-offs who just block the highway for no apparent reason. I don't care how many hours/days they've been driving. That has nothing to do with riding along side eachother, going the exact same speed for MILES and MILES.