Well I'd drop the barrel extension, it's not really a workable concept as barrels should be a one piece item.

A straight wall magazine is not going to fit exactly straight in the rifle as the rounds need to point up a little. A Mag well is a good idea.

I Think once you get a rifle in hand you will see a lot of things very clearly.

I do have some experience in making a bullpup. I'll add that they are EXTREMELY BACK HEAVY.

th_IMG_2142.jpg

EDIT:

Will your link needs a .jpg added to it

http://www.redstick-firearms.com/firearms2...FOR_WEBSITE.jpg

Edited by csspecs

Here is a photocomposite of a re-aligned magazine port and the more precise proportions for the variant...

post-17656-1239608825_thumb.jpg

The trigger guard is removed, 65% of the trigger is removed, and the transfer from the fore trigger is along a sheathed channel that travels from the bottom rear side of the fore grip on both lower sides and actuates the trigger when pulled. Two would run in tandem, therefore making the system balanced, and not causing asymmetrical stress in the case of a single actuator.

Plus, it prevents the full encasement of the gun.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks,

John

why does that look like a star wars movie prop? HMMMM? :)

there are AK bullpup kits out there still, all be it few and far in between. maybe start with one of those? youd definately have to lengthen/change something, due to longer cartridge length though.......

I like you. You funny. And... umm... it is Star Trek brother!

I want to find an upgrade company to take the concept to production. And thanks csspecs for the MagWell idea!!! In my redraw, you can see a MagWell in place.

And the SVD is pretty nice.

Does it look good though???

why does that look like a star wars movie prop? HMMMM? :)

there are AK bullpup kits out there still, all be it few and far in between. maybe start with one of those? youd definately have to lengthen/change something, due to longer cartridge length though.......

Where was this thread relocated? And if I were to purchase a Saiga... is the .223 a better choice based on ammunition supply of .308 being hoarded by SKS and AK owners worried about wshtf-Day? I never heard of that before yesterday. The SKS Survivor Group is a bit worried about the future than this forum.

I am really new to this real gun scene. I usually carry a DC-15 Tibana Long Rifle or BFG Blasters. See...

johnandbill.jpg

And some more...

http://www.clone-empire.com/withmg34.jpg

http://www.clone-empire.com/withmg34b.jpg

http://www.clone-empire.com/bfgcollection.jpg

I prototyped the Lewis Gun for a Paintball Gun company. They are made as hollow kits, and they can accept a paintball marker inside. Weird, can you believe that guys, dressing up as G.I.s and Wermacht, and playing play War with paintball guns... so childish! HAHAHA!!!

But, I am really interested in moving from toy guns to REAL TOY GUNS!!! I am going to a gun show as soon as possible. I did not know a Saiga existed until yesterday!

Later!

John

Hate to say it, but that looks no shorter, maybe even longer, than a 16" S308 with a collapsable stock. Unless you can shave off some significant length, why bother with the bullpup? They're generally less ergonomic, have shorter sight bases, poorer triggers, and more that can go wrong.

Nice costume.

Well, I agree. Also, I am getting better proportions to work with. So, I believe the ejection port helped me to correctly scale the barrel length. Mine was way off. Also, the suppressor was way to big, unless you were going for a silenced weapon. And most can't have that.

I also added a AK-74-ish muzzle brake, with additional brake vents for heavier caliber muzzle rise and recoil.

AND, a scope similar to the Dragonov, but I am still pondering if the gun foregrip needs sight rails (probably so)... who knows. As I said, I just discovered the Saiga yesterday.

AND I WANT ONE!

Another modification...

223bullpup.jpg

http://www.clone-empire.com/223bullpup.jpg

post-17656-1239683012_thumb.jpg

I also shortened the butt stock and lengthened the shoulder plate to diffuse recoil to a larger area (less ouch). My idea for the trigger actuators would require some minor gun-smithing. Note, the original trigger area is quite compact. I have the schematic for that, but I am trying to get a schematic for the .223 and the .308 to be accurate... and not goofing around.

Edited by WhiteCommando