Firing pin broke!

Title says it all. Does anybody out there know where to get a replacement? Any of you venders offer an improved version over the factory part? Tried the search function but nothing came up that was helpful! Thanks in advance.

Not aware of any yet. Check Saigastock.com for factory replacements. They will not be on the website, but she may have some there if you call.

Greg

Title says it all. Does anybody out there know where to get a replacement? Any of you venders offer an improved version over the factory part? Tried the search function but nothing came up that was helpful! Thanks in advance.

Not aware of any yet. Check Saigastock.com for factory replacements. They will not be on the website, but she may have some there if you call.

Greg

If that doesn't work also try: http://www.saiga.gr/D07B97BF.en.aspx

How did it break? Did it break during livefire?

I was shooting some federal bird shot and all the sudden the gun went click instead of bang. I noticed no primer dent in the shell and so I stripped her down and sure enough the firing pin is missing the top 1/4 or so! Damnedest thing have ever had happen with a Saiga! Hope I can find a replacement soon!

I was shooting some federal bird shot and all the sudden the gun went click instead of bang. I noticed no primer dent in the shell and so I stripped her down and sure enough the firing pin is missing the top 1/4 or so! Damnedest thing have ever had happen with a Saiga! Hope I can find a replacement soon!

Maybe someone can fabricate one for you. It is a very simple part. I would email Tromix, Kings Armory, Dinzag arms, Chaos, ect. These guys seem to have all kinds of machines and meterial. I bet one of them could make one for you.

Finally found the link. Search entire Saiga-12 forum for "firing pin replacement?" and found that Gunfixr was the guy that made them up. You may try PMing him to see if he can help out again.

Does anyone make critical replacement parts like extractors, pins, buffer springs, ect?

KingArmory.com,

I would love to have a extra firing pin or two on hand, you make'em, I'll take two.

Seriously, consider that a pre-order.

If someone would come out with a nice parts kit, e.g. firing pin, complete FCG, extractor, mag latch, all springs/pins, I'd buy a couple of those too.

Wish we could just order from the factory.

Edited by ChileRelleno

Once you find a replacement or a solution, please post it for the rest of us. This issue is bound to come up again.

Email to Tantal, hoping for positive reply.

Greetings Tantal,

I'm looking to acquire a spare parts kit for my S12,

can I get availability and pricing on the following, please, thank you.

One complete Bolt Assembly, ready to drop in and go.

One complete Retracting Mechanism.

Trigger mechanism pins (4 pcs)

BHO spring (1 pc)

Hammer mainspring (1 pc)

Sincerely,

John Cox

I would be interested in purchasing a parts kit too if they ever become available.

I doubt they will ever be offered in a package deal, best to go proactively acquire the parts yourself.

Recieved a couple of email responces and nobody appears to keep this part in stock! Kinda hard to believe that RAA doesnt even have them. Hopefully one of our vendors will step up and offer an improved product over the factory part soon. By the way, my gun is an 08 model that I bought in November so it didnt exactly have high miles on it.

So what's the story with a manufacturer marketing a firearm with no spare/replacement parts available?

Kind of an expensive Bic lighter ain't it?

Some of the stuff (firing pin) could easily be made, but something like that fragile looking bolt carrier might be a problem down the road.

So what's the story with a manufacturer marketing a firearm with no spare/replacement parts available?

Kind of an expensive Bic lighter ain't it?

Some of the stuff (firing pin) could easily be made, but something like that fragile looking bolt carrier might be a problem down the road.

We're lucky to be able to import the firearm, much less a readily available supply of spare parts.

Who knows how to order off that Greek website? http://www.saiga.gr/D07B97BF.en.aspx

Anyone know if Tantal does indeed have parts for the S12?

Vendors, you make it... I'll buy it.

Edited by ChileRelleno

About how many rounds have you fired since you ouned the gun? Did you normally remove the firing pin during cleaning after live fire? I am just curious. I would be willing to bet that was likely a bad part from the factory.

Can anyone modify a AK-47 firing pin to the saiga specs? It looks like it could be reduced in size to fit.

The AK firing pin won't work. It looks too short, and the AK pin is one piece, where the S12 is a two piece unit.

Actually, it's not that easy to manually make them if the original is exactly duplicated. It's not terribly difficult, just kind of tedious, primarily due to the flats on the sides. I've made half a dozen of them now. Maybe I need to look into them as a regular item. I'll have to see if it can be beefed up any.

I've made a couple of the BHO springs also. Haven't made any of the other parts.

Kind of an expensive solution but I'm seriously thinking of buying a spare IZ-109 as a parts weapon if I can find one at a reasonable cost.

A spare parts kit would easily cost at least $150.00, a new bolt and carrier another $200.00 plus you get another factory mag in the deal and you can sell parts you don't want like the stocks, receiver, gas block, barrel and other parts as others may need them to help to recover your cost

Edited by gmorgan