Do x39 Saigas come with Threaded Barrell's

Not new here but new to OWNING x39 16" one (soon)

Read some posts that say 'my x39 came factory threaded' is this the Majority??

Got mine on order so I won't know till it gets here but I want to add a flash-hider.

Would it be 14 tpi LH or RH standard??

Clip on THREAD?? What??

Wheres this on the DPH site??

Edit.. Found it under Saiga.. $45?? not bad price to save headache... Anyone use one Extensively??

Does it count for 922r??

Edited by YouWontHearItComing
  • 2 weeks later...

I've used one and it works well. Sold my spare to another member. Since then, I've had all my conversions threaded at my local gunsmith and I've been using the Phantom flash supressor from DPH Arms. Works great and I can thread on any 14x1LH brake or muzzle attachement.

I noticed alot of these 'sleeves' in the pics I see on GB for the x39 also..

Thats what I think I read that had to do with 'threading'. (wish I could find that post on here that mentioned the 'factory' threading....)

Maybe there threading the barrell and throwing a COVER on it and 'tack-welding' that into place to get it into the country?? Easier than constantly changing the assy line from mil to non-mil units.. Still in compliance.

....Does it count for 922r??

Well it does not count against you in 922r but it can not help your count either. The rifle, unlike the shotguns, do not come with a "muzzle attachment" from the factory.

Sounds like you're getting the different versions of the AK that were imported after the 94 ban confused with the current Saiga X39 rifles. During the ban you could find various models being imported with a thread protector spot welded over the threads or even the front sight with a sleeve over the threads. This front sight looks very much like the currrent Saiga front sight. But there are no threads on the Saiga barrel, and the barrel is a larger diameter , so it is a little harder to thread. Just cutting back the site and jamming a die on the muzzle doesn't work so well anymore............. :smoke:

Sounds like you're getting the different versions of the AK that were imported after the 94 ban confused with the current Saiga X39 rifles. During the ban you could find various models being imported with a thread protector spot welded over the threads or even the front sight with a sleeve over the threads. This front sight looks very much like the currrent Saiga front sight. But there are no threads on the Saiga barrel, and the barrel is a larger diameter , so it is a little harder to thread. Just cutting back the site and jamming a die on the muzzle doesn't work so well anymore............. :smoke:

No, mine is a brand new, unconverted Saiga, and it has an obvious sleeve over the barrel, dunno whats under it.

Well any pics on ANYONE's with the SLEEVE on then removed would put this to rest.. Let see how this plays out..

Tritium... How would u get the SLEEVE off?? Is it welded on?? Whats the point of it at all. Why would Izh waste money on extra metal??

Like I said I read this on THIS FORUM, someone said they had just gotten a x39 and it had a Threaded Barrel out of the box....??

Tritium... How would u get the SLEEVE off?? Is it welded on?? Whats the point of it at all. Why would Izh waste money on extra metal??

Think the sleeve is part of the FSB. You might try to dremel it off carefully. Don't recall if there's a weld under there but don't think so. As VanKiller said no RAAC Saigas have threaded barrels.