Custom Poly Choke Tips

S12-PolyChoke_II_001.gif

Most of us know the Poly Choke II is 3 parts, the base or fingers, the spring steel clip that allows for positive "click" adjustments and the tip.

There is even a thread where someone cut a tip in half and welded a break to it.

This got me thinking.

Why not a whole new replacement tip?

Just unscrew your original tip and screw on the new one. You keep all the same features of the Poly Choke and have the option of other tips.

So far I want to make sure I can offer.

1: A compensating tip for recoil reduction.

2: A breaching tip to allow stand off.

3: Something really wicked with teeth, spikes, sharp edges, etc that is so aggressive you have to use the included tool to adjust the choke. Otherwise it will shred your bare hands.

What I need help with is finding out if there is enough interest to sell this and also what most people would want the tip to look like.

Keep in mind that the tip will rotate so any vents that are directional (like the Barrett breaks) will end up cock eyed on different choke settings.

I'm open for ideas, good ones and ones that get "I want what the poster above me wants" I'll toss onto a poll.

Don't forget to give me an idea of what fair price is also.

I could come up with a blank version that is profiled to work on the poly choke but has 1-2" of blank tube out front for doityourselfers to make there own tips at a reduced cost.

Also for a little extra I could make a one off custom tip.

And finally, for now I'm deployed to Iraq for the next 4-6 months.

This gives me lot's of time to gather measurements, sketch, draw and blueprint.

Edited by KrisFox
:lolol: I guess it would be fair to say i'm interested. a compensating tip would have to be ruled out right off though as there is no way to keep proper alignment. maybe a better idea would be remchokes with a extension that is threaded for use with existing breaks, to take advantage of what we already have in a booming aftermarket. Edited by Nailbomb
:lolol: I guess it would be fair to say i'm interested. a compensating tip would have to be ruled out right off though as there is no way to keep proper alignment. maybe a better idea would be remchokes with a extension that is threaded for use with existing breaks, to take advantage of what we already have in a booming aftermarket.

Something styled like these should compensate fine and look good no matter the choke setting.

hkfhs.jpg

brake.gif

SE-Vortex_M240a.lg.jpg

If you want compensation that will push the muzzle down you need a ported barrel anyway.

Technically their isn't enough gas pressure at the muzzle of a shotgun to get a muzzle device to act as much of a compensator.

Edited by KrisFox

I've been planning on a slide on sleeve that has the breaching claws, but it wouldn't replace the front section. It would just slide over the shorter non-slotted version. I suppose you COULD cut the slotted one back a bit and use that too though.

The sleeve would likely be welded on I'm guessing. Maybe a few set screws into divits in the PC, then red loctited. An acutual replacement front section would be nicer however. More expensive, but nicer.

Corbin

maybe a better idea would be remchokes with a extension that is threaded for use with existing breaks, to take advantage of what we already have in a booming aftermarket.

The funny thing is I have been thinking about something like this for a while, but I am still a few years away from have the machine shop up and running (fingers crossed).

Edited by brvt1000

I don't have the cash right now, but if you sold it with the polychoke, I would want option 1, the recoil compensating break. I don't want any of the breacher/mangler silliness. I just want stuff that makes my gun work better.

Those other things aren't really useful for defense, but do make you look like a badguy in court if you do actually use your gun to defend yourself.

That said, they would probably sell better. The Shark Break does look cool. People are more likely to buy something that looks cool than something that works better. See the car industry, politics, dating choices, ... ad naseum.

And don't get me wrong, if you want all of that stuff you have every right to get it, but good luck finding an honest reason to blow a door open if you aren't in the military or on a swat team. If you want a chainsaw bayonet get it. I think the main thing with guns is to buy the one you want, not the one others think you should have.

Why doesn't anyone make an attatchment that screws onto the saiga threads and takes remchokes or similar?

Also, how much for the replacement tip/ the choke+tip combo. I think an estimated price for each would affect customer interest.

Edited by GunFun

Are you could dump the polychoke and just make your own chokes with your own design tip all in one and sell them they would cost less then the poly/tip combo.I'am waiting for SGM's chokes to be released, choke/the pro brake combo in one for around $45 each. Most people don't need 10 chokes or even 5. Me I only need 1 maybe 2 depending on the gun and what I'am shooting. Basicly if you can supply good chokes with badass tips in one for a around 45-75 bucks you can't go wrong.

Now if the same MFG's who make muzzel breaks now ,ad a choked version of there brake's i bet they would sell too.

maybe a better idea would be remchokes with a extension that is threaded for use with existing breaks, to take advantage of what we already have in a booming aftermarket.

The funny thing is I have been thinking about something like this for a while, but I am still a few years away from have the machine shop up and running (fingers crossed).

the other added bonus to this is that something like this wouldn't be limited to the saiga-12 aftermarket due to that remchokes are used on so many shotguns.

I don't have the cash right now, but if you sold it with the polychoke, I would want option 1, the recoil compensating break. I don't want any of the breacher/mangler silliness. I just want stuff that makes my gun work better.

Those other things aren't really useful for defense, but do make you look like a badguy in court if you do actually use your gun to defend yourself.

That said, they would probably sell better. The Shark Break does look cool. People are more likely to buy something that looks cool than something that works better. See the car industry, politics, dating choices, ... ad naseum.

And don't get me wrong, if you want all of that stuff you have every right to get it, but good luck finding an honest reason to blow a door open if you aren't in the military or on a swat team. If you want a chainsaw bayonet get it. I think the main thing with guns is to buy the one you want, not the one others think you should have.

Why doesn't anyone make an attatchment that screws onto the saiga threads and takes remchokes or similar?

Also, how much for the replacement tip/ the choke+tip combo. I think an estimated price for each would affect customer interest.

Did you know it was me with the Chainsaw Bayonet or is it a coincidence?

You can even hear racegal20 giggling in the background.

Edited by KrisFox
S12-PolyChoke_II_001.gif

Most of us know the Poly Choke II is 3 parts, the base or fingers, the spring steel clip that allows for positive "click" adjustments and the tip.

There is even a thread where someone cut a tip in half and welded a break to it.

This got me thinking.

Why not a whole new replacement tip?

Just unscrew your original tip and screw on the new one. You keep all the same features of the Poly Choke and have the option of other tips.

So far I want to make sure I can offer.

1: A compensating tip for recoil reduction.

2: A breaching tip to allow stand off.

3: Something really wicked with teeth, spikes, sharp edges, etc that is so aggressive you have to use the included tool to adjust the choke. Otherwise it will shred your bare hands.

What I need help with is finding out if there is enough interest to sell this and also what most people would want the tip to look like.

Keep in mind that the tip will rotate so any vents that are directional (like the Barrett breaks) will end up cock eyed on different choke settings.

I'm open for ideas, good ones and ones that get "I want what the poster above me wants" I'll toss onto a poll.

Don't forget to give me an idea of what fair price is also.

I could come up with a blank version that is profiled to work on the poly choke but has 1-2" of blank tube out front for doityourselfers to make there own tips at a reduced cost.

Also for a little extra I could make a one off custom tip.

And finally, for now I'm deployed to Iraq for the next 4-6 months.

This gives me lot's of time to gather measurements, sketch, draw and blueprint.

OK, we all know that you twist the tip to adjust the Poly-choke, but the body stays put once you tighten it down on your threads, my suggestion, make a threaded tip that you can thread on some custom brakes on. The brakes can then be indexed by a divot you make on the top of your main poly-choke body (the part that doesn't move). You could have an extension from the brake that extends rearward and has a set-screw in it, you then clamp down the set-screw into the hole and Presto, an indexed brake.

My other idea is to just add circular baffles to the tip (larger than the current tip). It would't reduce flip but it would reduce recoil.....

FUCK all those ideas. A POLY-CHOKE Suppressor tip! Fuck YAH!