new guy...

that is almost the ONLY deal you can find now, and it is a good price. I dont think they have more than one type to pick from there.

What he says is correct. CDNN appear to be the only supplier that has any quantity of Saigas left. The price is probably the best you will find.

So whats the deal aout not having a threaded barrel..Can I thread it after I buy it?

So one point of clarification with a normal shotgun you have either a barrel for shot or a rifled barrel for slugs. Can the Saiga use either with the same barrel?

What does full choke mean?

Thanks

Saiga from the factory does not come with a threaded barrel, nor do I no of an optional part to add one. If you want to shoot slugs with a Saiga, do what most people do, and just shoot rifled slugs (rifling is on the lead, not the barrel). They work quite well, and then you can shoot any standard shot throught the same barrel without changing them out.

If you need to shoot rifled anything for long periods of time or for some special purpose, I would recommend buying a rifle. I have had good accuracy up to 50yards with my S-12 shooting rifled slugs, especially Remington sluggers. I found that the high velocity slugs are most accurate and they go all the way down to a "reduced recoil" which is easy on the shoulder.

there are IC choke tubes out there, but the chokes that are made for the saigas are cylinder, modified and full.

the imp. cyl. is on the 19" models, as they are cut down 22" full choke barrels mostly.

which saiga do you have? how is the reciver marked for chokes?

mine is 19" and is marked a F(1,0) for full choke. it was obviously cut down by the importer or distributer, or at the factory to fill orders.

Floridagunworks has a 19" in stock as of yesterday. High priced I thought at the time but not if noone else can supply it.

You don't want to do business with Florida Gun Works.

They will screw you in a heartbeat. If you want to read what others have had to say about their dealings with FGW, send me an email.

Well I ordered by Saiga12 today from CDNN as advised by you guys...Of course I cant take it home from the shop because of "Those stupid laws" if you haven't read the post then you need to read it to understand. At least I can use it in their range until April 3rd when I can legally aquire it. The advert for the gun staets "Special Edition" is this just marketing hype or does it have something extra. Are all the barrels Hammer Forged Chrome Lined?

Is the 22" more accurate than the 19.

If anyone was interested there is a Saiga 12 19" at X-Ring in Newark,DE but its about $350.

Gazza