I was under the impression that bargain meant that someone paid a nominal price for a extraordinary item. But if were getting into pass downs then I too was given a good old Winchester.

Winchester Model 64 Cal. 30 WCF

I made some killers trades as far as shirts for guns.... But most of them have been WIN WIN!!

OH!! I DID find that little scout .22 in the attic!!!

I posted about the best gun deal/bargain I have ever gotten in response to Cobra's thread about shooting today. So, I've already mentioned my 870 Endine.

What was the best, most awesome, gun deal you have ever been able to stumble into or pull off? Tell us about the gun and if you don't mind, the sweet price you were able to get it for.

WJ

The B.S. meter will be running on this thread - don't tell us you bought a new Tromix from some Grandma who found it in the barn after her husband died, and she let it go for $25.00. unless you can provide evidence, admissible in a court of law under the Federal Rules of Evidence, to substantiate such a deal. lol.

Chinese AK (FULL) from a buddy back from Vietnam for $40.00. :chris:

Way back then (1971), I didn't know the "RULES" but realized very quickly I COULD NOT HAVE IT... :ded:

Gave it back to my buddy (who had already spent the $40 on beer and cigs)... :cryss:

... so guess you could say it was my most expensive weapon...

...nothing for forty bucks... :dollar:

Ruger Security Six 357 - Present from Dad

Ruger Mark II Government Target Mode - Present from Dad

Norinco MAK-90 - Pay back for part of a loan... glad I got at least something

Saiga 12 - $450

Mosin Nagant Dragoon Rifle - $89 bought from SOG

The best guns are the ones you get for as gifts, few other gifts you get can save your life. I shoot the Security Six almost every time I go to the range, when I teach people to shoot, I usually use it with 38 special ammo.

Converted 16" S308 w/ welded AK-74 brake: $329 before tax (Oct '06)

NIB Saiga 7.62x39: $189 before tax (Nov '06)

New, no box Polytech Hunter SKS: $180 total (Jan '09)

Interarms Virginian Dragoon .44 Magnum: $150 (Mar '07)

Ruger 10/22, stainless: $100 total (Jun '06)

I helped one of my Grandfathers buddies pack up his home and moving van and he paid me with a 12 ga. Beretta AL2, a Ruger MK 3 target pistol and an old J.C. Higgins .22 rifle(made for Sears). Anybody need help moving??? Sure beat the heck out of pizza and beer payment!

The best deal I've gotten on a gun I got on my Saiga-410 from a gun shop at like $240 or something. Sure, that's what they go for... but $240!

Also a Ruger Mk2 for $100. But it jams on me consistent.