army ranger gets 25 years for shooting a terrorist

*sigh* and it's only just begun. Have a feeling their goal is to get as many youngsters NOT to join the military by the time Obama is out, if ever. Afterall will need to fill the ranks of Zero's civilian defense force.

Another victim of the other war, political correctness.

Some people feel they have to make examples to show how fair and compassionate we are EVEN IF THEY DON'T EXIST!

It's war, it's not pretty, but don't punish the people who we trust to make these decisions when they make the decisions.

People who call for this type of "justice" are a million miles away comparing Afghanistan to their neighborhood.

Things work differently in a place where any moment could be your last.

Sounds like a kangaroo court to me too. Didn't read too close but near as I can tell there is no witness to the event but the soldier. Is it such a stretch to think this Al Qaida dipshit could of done something to deserve being shot? Nah it can only be murder. I have a great uncle that was on Iwo Jima and he wasn't shy about telling how they would be ordered to take Japanese prisoners to detention, shoot them, and then report back. Maybe it was a different war but Buddy didn't seem to concerned about going to prison that was sure.

No kidding this stuff has to affect moral and make it much more of a decision to join our armed services. I totally believe we have a professional and moral force but the back home politics is undermining them. This whole Gitmo and torture stuff is retarded. If I was on the ground the lesson I would conclude is to kill them on the spot because they are worthless for intelligence and they would be turned loose to take a shot at one of my brothers. Obama and nanny crew threatened to prosecute the lawyers who gave legal advise concerning interrogation. I read a letter from a prominent legal expert they tried to recruit for a dog and pony show propping up their preposterous position. He told them to go fly a kite and in no way shape and form would he give them advise or sully his good name. They are screwing investors in G.M. and Chrysler so bad nobody nobody wants to pony up any cash of their own to invest in our economy. China is scared for their money and don't want to finance their party. They are trying their best to sell out the Israelis and bury their heads in the sand concerning Iran. At the rate they are going everyone of any value will be alienated and all they will have left is Hugo Chavez blowing them kisses.

It was bad enough the way the media has portrayed the military and the war(s) over the past 8 years. I gave up years ago when it was so obvious they went out of their way to cover every negative story possible in Iraq. But every single good thing has been completely ignored. We've changed that Country, things are like night and day now compared to under Saddam. Even now they ignore any good our troops have done. Political correctness does not apply in war time but that appears to be out.

But now, instead of it just being the media, it's the freaking Administration, it's Congress, it's lawyers and judges on every level. We're definitely living in a different day and age. Which is completely scary because we're still at freaking war, and will be for as far as I can see, as long as there are Islamic extremists out there that want to see all of us burn. Only a delusional mind would conclude we're not at war.

Edited by Wotan1105
Sounds like a kangaroo court to me too. Didn't read too close but near as I can tell there is no witness to the event but the soldier. Is it such a stretch to think this Al Qaida dipshit could of done something to deserve being shot? Nah it can only be murder. I have a great uncle that was on Iwo Jima and he wasn't shy about telling how they would be ordered to take Japanese prisoners to detention, shoot them, and then report back. Maybe it was a different war but Buddy didn't seem to concerned about going to prison that was sure.

No kidding this stuff has to affect moral and make it much more of a decision to join our armed services. I totally believe we have a professional and moral force but the back home politics is undermining them. This whole Gitmo and torture stuff is retarded. If I was on the ground the lesson I would conclude is to kill them on the spot because they are worthless for intelligence and they would be turned loose to take a shot at one of my brothers. Obama and nanny crew threatened to prosecute the lawyers who gave legal advise concerning interrogation. I read a letter from a prominent legal expert they tried to recruit for a dog and pony show propping up their preposterous position. He told them to go fly a kite and in no way shape and form would he give them advise or sully his good name. They are screwing investors in G.M. and Chrysler so bad nobody nobody wants to pony up any cash of their own to invest in our economy. China is scared for their money and don't want to finance their party. They are trying their best to sell out the Israelis and bury their heads in the sand concerning Iran. At the rate they are going everyone of any value will be alienated and all they will have left is Hugo Chavez blowing them kisses.

They are not just screwing the investors at Chrysler, there was a new report out today on World Net Daily that said of all the dealerships, they are closing the ones that donated Republican, to Bush, McCain. Even the dealers that were in the top percentage of sales! If they gave to the Republicans they are being closed. Another reason the guvment should stay the hell out of our business.

ok guys i must be missing something , ranger was ordered to take captive back to captives village and release him , not interrogate him . trained armed ranger had to use deadly force against an unarmed restrained captive he believed to have killed two of his friends . he disobeyd orders and killed a man and then Lt. Behenna failed to properly report the incident

Edited by bigdick
ok guys i must be missing something , ranger was ordered to take captive back to captives village and release him , not interrogate him . trained armed ranger had to use deadly force against an unarmed restrained captive he believed to have killed two of his friends . he disobeyd orders and killed a man and then Lt. Behenna failed to properly report the incident

Lt. Behenna's account of what happened should be accepted as fact unless there is clear evidence it is false.

The Army should have had somebody not involved with the case return him to his village.

Also, for those who are trained to kill, they are never unarmed.

ok guys i must be missing something , ranger was ordered to take captive back to captives village and release him , not interrogate him .

Aw shit, beyond the call. How terrible.

trained armed ranger had to use deadly force against an unarmed restrained captive he believed to have killed two of his friends .

Yeah, he should have waited until after the detainee killed him, then began to defend himself.

he disobeyd orders and killed a man and then Lt. Behenna failed to properly report the incident

Have you heard of war? Paperwork comes first apparently.

Lt. Behenna's account of what happened should be accepted as fact unless there is clear evidence it is false.

The Army should have had somebody not involved with the case return him to his village.

Also, for those who are trained to kill, they are never unarmed.

all of my statement was from his mothers own site asking for money , he admitted to not reporting the incident , admitted to not following orders , admitted to interrogating the subject , admitted to shooting an unarmed man . so it is his own account . if this happened here youd be up in arms that a cop killed an inocent unarmed man that had been cleared of all charges . i have alot of friends and family over thier and feel sorry for this man , but he did it , he got caught and now he will do the time . would i have done same thing maybe but i would know thier was a chance id get caught and put in jail for seeking revenge for my two dead friends

ok guys i must be missing something , ranger was ordered to take captive back to captives village and release him , not interrogate him .

trained armed ranger had to use deadly force against an unarmed restrained captive he believed to have killed two of his friends .

Yeah, he should have waited until after the detainee killed him, then began to defend himself.

he disobeyd orders and killed a man and then Lt. Behenna failed to properly report the incident

1 if he had followed orders none of the rest would have happened

2 he is a ranger trained in hand to hand combat , he could have defended him self with out shooting unarmed restrained man .

3 he did no paper work after the fact

if this happened here youd be up in arms that a cop killed an inocent unarmed man that had been cleared of all charges

Sorry but I can not relate this statement as an moral analogy for a solider killing an enemy Al Qaida in a war zone.

if this happened here youd be up in arms that a cop killed an inocent unarmed man that had been cleared of all charges

Sorry but I can not relate this statement as an moral analogy for a solider killing an enemy Al Qaida in a war zone.

not once was the man that was killed linked to al qaida or even a terrorist group and what war zone , he was in a green zone . has no one else read the complete article or searched alittle more online for details of the case . thier are rules of engagement that have to be followed and shooting an unarmed man that was in RESTRAINTS is a no no . then not reporting shooting your prisioner is another no no , not following direct orders is another big no no . if this rangers mother was not a big shot lawyer this would not get any attention

2 he is a ranger trained in hand to hand combat , he could have defended him self with out shooting unarmed restrained man .

That's right up there with that stupid statement by gun-haters that says a Cop should try and shoot the handgun out of a perp's hand first in a hostage situation where the perp's gun is held up against the victims head instead of just incapacitating him with a clean CNS hit. :rolleyes:

Tell me, do the Al Queda assholes give un-armed, captured coalition troops they execute & bury in the sand the same courtesy? :chris:

That's right up there with that stupid statement by gun-haters that says a Cop should try and shoot the handgun out of a perp's hand first in a hostage situation where the perp's gun is held up against the victims head instead of just incapacitating him with a clean CNS hit. :rolleyes:

Tell me, do the Al Queda assholes give un-armed, captured coalition troops they execute & bury in the sand the same courtesy? :chris:

your right they behead them , soilders and reporters and aid workers alike. i just thought we were better than them

your right they behead them , soilders and reporters and aid workers alike. i just thought we were better than them

What ever happened to killemallandletgodsortitout :killer:

So, has all this "nice guy" shit we've done to them so far made them any nicer to our people when they get captured? :chris:

It's just like the legal system is finding out with repeat criminal offenders, mollycoddle their asses the first couple times they get caught, and they just graduate to doing more vicious crimes the next time they get released because there's no fear factor in the judicial system any more. :ded:

What ever happened to killemallandletgodsortitout :killer:

That's the old, barbaric Military you're thinking of there. :rolleyes:

Hey Habib, you want half my steak? :up:

This is really an injustice to the ranger. The leftists and the Arab Obama want to demoralize the troops and this is the way they are doing it. Remember what was done to the soldiers at Abu Graib for humiliating some prisoners (which is the best way to control Arab prisoners)? There is also a case of marines being court martialed for supposedly killing 'innocent' Iraqis who are terrorists. Michael Savage is leading the fight and raising money to defend those brave marines from a military witch hunt similar to this.

1 if he had followed orders none of the rest would have happened

3 he did no paper work after the fact

1 Yeah, but he went beyond the call.

2. Yes, he is. No, I bet he couldn't. And he doesn't have to, so he didn't try.

3. PAPERWORK! YOU'RE A FUCKING ASSHOLE.