thats a good way to cause an incident at work, if you ask me.

granted, you dont need one that covers the entire wall of your office, but even so, WTF?

disgusting

The article stated that the woman complaining immigrated here from Africa 14 years ago. So you mean to tell me this lady has been living and prospering in this country for 14 years and she has the nerve to complain about the flag of this great country being hung up for Memorial Day!? Just unbelievable stuff.

What's more unnerving is that the spineless management catered to her complaints, took down this woman's flag when she wasn't even there, and threw it on the ground for her to retrieve later. They should truly be ashamed of themselves.

Think that's good, here's another...

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/natio...0090528_2518563

The 58-year-old former Marine now finds himself under attack by his Dallas homeowners association for displaying seven decals on his vehicle supporting the Marine Corps.

"To me, it's being patriotic, and it shows that I served," the veteran told FOX 4.

The board says the decals are advertisements that violate HOA rules, and must be covered or removed.

Otherwise, the homeowners association for The Woodlands II on The Creek --- where Larimore has lived for eight years --- says in a letter it will tow the car at Larimore's expense. The board also threatens to fine him $50 for any future incident.

Don't know what Country we're living in anymore, but it's not the US of A.

Edited by Wotan1105
Think that's good, here's another...

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/natio...0090528_2518563

The 58-year-old former Marine now finds himself under attack by his Dallas homeowners association for displaying seven decals on his vehicle supporting the Marine Corps.

"To me, it's being patriotic, and it shows that I served," the veteran told FOX 4.

The board says the decals are advertisements that violate HOA rules, and must be covered or removed.

Otherwise, the homeowners association for The Woodlands II on The Creek --- where Larimore has lived for eight years --- says in a letter it will tow the car at Larimore's expense. The board also threatens to fine him $50 for any future incident.

Don't know what Country we're living in anymore, but it's not the US of A.

Tell ya what I,d tell those fuckers that they may be placing themselves in great danger in they tried to tow my vechile for displaying marine corps decals. Its time to make a stand.

Well I know of a person that put little flags all over their desk to keep people from dropping and projects on them.

And others that had flags large enough in their office to make it hard to tell someone was in there..

So sometimes people are not always trying to be patriotic. So I don't really know what side to be on.

I think we could all agree that doing some douche bag move like covering your desk or intentionally blocking the view so nobody could see when you were gone would be justifiable reasons for confronting someone. But she was told her flag "offended people" not any of that other stuff. Then when the public got outraged and started emailing and calling, they backtracked and made up some bogus BS about it being the size of her flag and not the flag itself.

I am in the Active Reserve,, and proud of my country... and think all the libtard mother fuckers should be deported to ..... Italy...

Nah, there are too many hot women in Italy, people who disrespect The Flag should be sent where people are trying to escape from ... let them go live somewhere in a Central/South American slum for a year, then see if they still hate the US.

So an African immigrant comes to America to work, then gets offended when an American citizen displays an American flag! Why the hell did she come to America? She needs to shut her big yapper or hop on a boat back to Africa. I'd like to see the American woman swing by that woman's African country and start whining about it whenever they fly their flags. Since this happened at a hospital, someone should have called the waaaaaaambulance for the African.

yea, that sounds pretty retarded.

It's one thing if it's some kind of jingoistic kind of thing that seems like it's in poor taste, and even then...but THIS is something I can't even wrap my head around.

1) who the hell gets "offended"?! 2) there are flags displayed in offices ALL THE TIME 3) why would management cater to one person who takes umbrage at its display but not one person who takes umbrage at its removal? 4) not talking to the individual and just tampering with their flag when they're not present is passive aggressive bullshit.

I had a similar incident back when I was a teenager, when a manager told me that I couldn't wear some American flag apparel at work on the 4th of July, I went straight to the boss and said if I can't display the stars and stripes on the 4th of July then they better just fire me right then and there. She was very neocon, so she let me do it.

These folks are American Heroes for standing up for their beliefs and should be treated as such!

If we do not dig in sometime soon and resist these efforts to make our beliefs unacceptable they will win. I say the line has been drawn.

I faced it during the 1996 Olympics when idiots from ACOG tired to tell us that our state flag was "offensive" to visitors from other countries. They tried to bad its display during the games. I refused and passed out hundreds of our state flag pin, even giving them to visiting heads of state. I was even threatened over it, but refused to back down.

These folks are American Heroes for standing up for their beliefs and should be treated as such!

If we do not dig in sometime soon and resist these efforts to make our beliefs unacceptable they will win. I say the line has been drawn.

I faced it during the 1996 Olympics when idiots from ACOG tired to tell us that our state flag was "offensive" to visitors from other countries. They tried to bad its display during the games. I refused and passed out hundreds of our state flag pin, even giving them to visiting heads of state. I was even threatened over it, but refused to back down.

That's a trickier issue, with a greater amount of backstory. I think the design that is currently in use from 2003 is a better (if not the best) design: aesthetically pleasing, historically contiguous (& accurate) and less charged with racial & segregationist connotations. The 1956 design was unusual and was meant to send a political and social message that could be denied publicly when confronted outright. The argument that it was commissioned for the celebration of the Centennial was shaky, as 1) the Centennial was 5 years away at the time, 2) the previous flag had been a closer match to the national flag of the Confederacy, and 3) it was submitted as part of a legislative package that included a rejection of Brown V Board of Education which had been an issue at the time. I have no problem with celebrating one's history, and I don't think Southerners should be made to cower in shame over their identity, as that does a great disservice to them & their history (regardless of skin color) but people need to also call things like they are sometimes, and the racially-charged actions of 1956 should not be whitewashed...no pun intended.

Now if they'd have used the 2003- design during the Olympics, it would have never been accused of being objectionable to foreign visitors, as it's design forebear was designed by a foreigner. That would have been a great way to put a positive public spin on celebrating Georgia's history to the world, but I guess that's just hindsight.

In another forum, a member referred to us as the "new France", what with all of the crap going on with people being unpatroitic and not having any balls to stand up for what is right.

With bile in my throat, I had to say that I could not argue that comment. I feel so sad right now.

don't let yourself feel un-American just because of what you may feel about policy decisions. The social aspect, no matter how much government tries to insinuate itself into it, is still the province of the community, it's members, and thus by extension- YOU. Ergo, there is nothing that can make you or any of the rest of us somehow "less American".

This notion of us being the "new France" is preposterous anyways. For one, even at our most liberal, we are WAAAAYYYY more conservative than France. And secondly, the French, even when most liberal, are very proud of their nation, and therefore very patriotic. In as much as they love their country and would defend the name of their country against any besmirching of it by someone else. I suggest you follow that example.