Well, Mrs.J is taking her first Suarez Class Tomorrow.

INTRODUCTION TO DEFENSIVE PISTOL

Bellevue, Michigan

This class is designed to take the new handgun owner, or untrained handgun owner and give them all of the essential self defense shooting skills in a short six hour session. Students will learn administrative and basic defensive gunhandling skills along with the fundamentals of marksmanship and their defensive application.

She is a bit nervous.... :cryss:

Pics tomorrow...

SWEET!!! She will enjoy that.

We need to set up a pit shoot soon.

My lill woman is wanting to go check it out this time

We are past due for a pit shoot....

Looking forward to meetin' your girlie....

NO ONE but corbin showed up from the saiga forum for the Jan 19th pre election shoot....

Good deal Juggs, my girl did a class and it was informative, but she wanted more :amazing: so I think it won't be before long until we're both clearing rooms together :haha2: hopefully the same will happen to you ;)

We do stuff all the time... I think she is nervous because OTHER people will see her.. :eek:

She has a pink range belt and worries if people will laugh at her for it..... I told her RELAX!! Yer freakin armed!!!!

oh jeese pink range belt. come on now.

Ms Vicki has a LARGE collection of factory pink firearms and accessories. Its a girl thing. They can laugh as they get a bullet in the head.

That is awesome!! hopefully she continues the training. Defensive pistol just teaches the fundementals of the modern technique and gets you squared away with safety. The real fun starts in the next class, Close Range Gunfighting, when you start veering away from the modern technique and actually start gaining gunfighting skills. My wife has went all the way through the system, for the exception of point shooting progressions, and really kicks ass with a pistol. We did FOF in the backyard with our sons and they were amazed that they couldnt shoot mom.

That is awesome!! hopefully she continues the training. Defensive pistol just teaches the fundementals of the modern technique and gets you squared away with safety. The real fun starts in the next class, Close Range Gunfighting, when you start veering away from the modern technique and actually start gaining gunfighting skills. My wife has went all the way through the system, for the exception of point shooting progressions, and really kicks ass with a pistol. We did FOF in the backyard with our sons and they were amazed that they couldnt shoot mom.

She attended (but did not participate) FoF last year when I took it.... that is what got her interested.....

I had not held a handgun since 1993 (USMC) prior to the class last year... I have always been a rifle / Shotty guy... FoF really opened my eyes.

It has been an awesome voyage so far.... Training with my Bride, puts it over the top.....

This was my first Suarez Class. It was great. Bill was awesome. Learned a lot of things and I feel more comfortable/confident with the Glock. It was a little bit of class-room time and then out on the range. Of course the basics of safety, some do's and don'ts. The 4 golden rules. Having a stable stance. Fired some rounds down range. I really liked the trigger reset, I had not used that feature before. Also I am familiar with some Glock mal-functions and getting back into the fight or worst case scenario, using the Glock as a club ya know going all caveman style Worked on changing out mags in the middle of a fight. This was a ideal confidence builder after getting my CCW. Loved it and would recommend it.

In fact, the Advanced class is this weekend, Sat and Sun, here in MI. Yay!!

Thanks to Bill and Suarez.