Installing foam tube on ace stock, How????

I have an Ace stock and I ordered the foam tube that goes over the top rail of it but I can't figure out how to install it. I really don't want to cut a slit in the foamy and just slide it over the tube. I've bent three punches trying to knock out the pin on the butt plate and the roll pin on the front plate. I'm heading down to Ace Hardware and getting some better punches tomorrow unless someone here has a better idea. I don't want to destroy this very expensive thing putting on a $5 foamy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

Hummmm - maybe I'll just call them and ask. duh!!!!

Is yours the standard Ace skeletonized stock or the ultra-lite modular stock?

I assume it's the former.. cause nobody should need help figuring out how to mount the foam tube on the latter! :D

But, just in case.. I have the Ace ultra-lite modular, and all it took was some light machine oil to get the foam tube seated on the aluminum tube.

Sorry I didn't keep up the thread but been kindof busy. You guys figured out what I was saying though. Skeleton stock, Ace foam tube and knock out the rear pins which are in there very tight. The pins are non-directional so either way to get them out. Don't mess w/ the roll pin in the front. Use WD-40 to help slide on the tube and don't stop once you start sliding it on. The vertical post just sits in a hole so cut a little hole in the foaming and reassemble. Per Ace support.

We'll see, if I bend the next punch then I may just forget about it.

jb