NY AW surrender/destruction bill

I you all recall my letter to the assemblymen.... I got an ACTUAL reply today...

"Mike,

Thanks for your email.

I will certainly take your comments into consideration should this bill come

before me on the full floor of the Assembly.

Sincerely,

Brian M. Kolb

Member of Assembly

129th Assembly District"

Imagine that!!!

go figure... we will see...

:smoke:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed mine as well today. I went a little further and explained legalities of the gun control laws vs the constitution, if such alws are legal, they have to apply to the police and national guard, etc etc. I also went into a few other issues as well, and made a promise to start a crusade against these laws if they continue.

I will NOT give up any of my rights because of what some terrorist or criminal did. Doing so makes me a traitor, as I give into what they want. end of story.

I emailed about 20 assemblymen alltold...

I went to the site listing, and after sending to all the LOCAL assemblymen... I went thru and started at the top of the lest and worked my way down the "important" ones...

figured the more of them that know we dont want it, the more likely it is to be BUMPED!

I hope....

Abso-freaking-lutely amazing... I'd never really paid much attention to the local gun bills untill now. I'm in Texas; there's too many gun nuts down here (LEOs included) to ever get enough votes to make that a law. Besides, our legislature is so incredibly neutered by our state constitution that they have to send most bills out to the general public for a vote, so anything that cut into our rights as gun owners would get shot down (heh).

I feel for you North Easterners. If ya'll ever need a place to move to with some favorable gun laws (and our own variant of English B)), we've got room.

Good luck, and keep up the good fight, or at least video tape police, national guard and the assemblymen's body guards (if they have 'em) and either argue equal protection under the law, or just have 'em thrown in jail for violating the law. I hate to drag LEOs into something like this, but sometimes you got to take their damn laws to their eventual absurd conclusion to show them what asshats they are.

you got it Rusty. I respect most police in general, and i hate to have to bring them into it, but you know the fucking law applies to them as well. and if they are going to seize all registered semi autos? well then they BETTER go search EVERY home, as not all of them are registered, and were bought privately. police duty weapons INCLUDED.

If i have to ruin my life, I will fight the fight. We have a law for everything here in NY, but they get out of hand and think they can just write any law they want, no matter how illegal or unconstitutional. like i said, take the guy with the pledge of alleigance and the word god in it. one atheist changed that on a technicality. I have no doubt at all that one can do the same with the gun laws in the supreme court.

if *I* have to give them up, so do the police and national guardsmen. they are included in WE THE PEOPLE, and arent immune from the laws, regardless of how the state law makers want to write the law. just because its written and voted in doesnt make it LEGAL.

Somebody needs to find a lawyer/gun nut that wouldn't mind handing these assbags their balls on a silver platter in court. It seems like a high school graduate (well... some of 'em) could blow most of these "laws" out of the water in about 10 minutes in front of a fair judge.

yup. the attourney I currently use might be up for it. Ill have to ask him the next time I see him.

pretty soon, they will ban scopes on rifles because they are "incredibly accurate and extremely lethal at long ranges".

who cares about twenty shots and one wounding shot when you can fire once from 1/4 mile away and cause a mortal wound?

I'm glad I bought a Barret when I did.....But I'm afraid to bring it to NY....

It resides in the BlueGrass State for now with all its USMC friends....and I'm feeling ill to think that I can't blast it near Fort Drum in NY.

these .50's are going to be illegal soon...i know it.

EDIT-SECURE YOURS NOW-EDIT

M82A1 LIKE THE BIG BOYS HAVE

if I post a pic of mine....how do i blank out the serial number? like how do i put a big black swoosh across it? don't laugh.....i know how to one-finger peck to keyboard. thats about it.

Edited by dodgeturbointerceptor
i would just get a ferret www.ferret50.com

a LOT cheaper, and just as accurate at one mile. not semi auto though, but its not 80 grand either :)

yeah...a guy at my big50 club had one....mostly LAR GRIZZLYs, Armalites, and McMillans around....alot of people actually thought I was dumb spending that much...but I must say..hey. I was in the Marines, and impressionable....worse things can happen! It was the only .50 "i grew up on"..lol...i even bought a Beretta M9....people said it was a gay ass pistol..this and that...All i could say is. After all that training. I could use it well. I'd pick up my buddy's Para Ordinance that he spent 3,000.00 customizing, and shoot about the same if not worse....i shoot great with that M9...

it's all what you spend time on....watch...i wont be able to hit shit with this 7.62 when i get it....and BZOing it...LOL

5.56mm AR variants is what i spent all my time on.... :unsure: and i love A2 sights

just put a piece of tape over the serial... thats quick and easy...

but that doesn't help me bro...i only have 4 pictures of my m82 on my computer......and all my US military arms are in KY....

how do i blank out part of a picture in my files? i don't know how to do that....

IndyArms.......You said it so well that I can't think of anything else to say. Do I have your permission to use your letter to send to my Congressman, in my name of course?

I'm a computer idiot, otherwise I'd figure out a way to have guys sign a petition on this site and send it off to the appropriate people in NY who are on our side.

Every day some moron in politics is trying to take away more of our rights. If and when the revolution starts, we will be out gunned by the terrorists.

BY ALL MEANS!!!!!!!!

SEND that letter to whoever you want, in whoevers name you wish!!! have thirty people send that letter out...

as long as it does the job... *THAT* is the important thing, not who wrote it...

GOD SPEED!

and good luck!

I'm not a NY'r just yet...but i'm going into that mess....if I could send a letter as a service member not wanting to be stationed where ignorant one sided gun laws are emplaced...i will....not that it would do any good...but service members sometimes think about that stuff....i know i do....still praying for TX, or KY...lol

Dodge.... honestly, its REALLY not that bad here.....

not unless ya live where BVAMP does... thats where all the idiots live, and hes surrounded by them.... up here... they are VERY FEW and FAR between!!!

Friday, February 25, 2005: A bill that would drastically expand the state's current assault weapons ban by redefining what constitutes an "assault weapon" will be heard in the Assembly Codes Committee on March 1. In addition to expanding the ban, A 2466 would require those who currently own any firearm deemed an "assault weapon" to register it, render it permanently inoperable or turn it in to the police.

Those who choose to register their firearms would be subject to an additional NICS check and would be required to have the firearm tested for entry in to the state's ballistic imaging program. Last week, we reported that Senator Eric Schniederman (D-31) introduced S 2445, which also seeks to expand the assault weapons ban by outlawing many more guns by name and adding specific features to the definition of "assault weapon." Please contact your state Assembly member and Senator today and ask him or her to oppose A 2466 and S 2445!

HK

check out the new list they want to put into NY law in bill 2445. it names the SAIGA by NAME as well as SAR's:

13 (d) any of the weapons, or functioning frames or receivers of such

14 weapons, or copies or duplicates of such weapons, in any caliber, known

15 as:

16 (i) Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs (all

17 models);

18 (ii) {Action Arms Israeli Military Industries} UZI {and}, Galil AND

19 UZI SPORTER, GALIL SPORTER, OR GALIL SNIPER RIFLE (GALATZ);

20 (iii) {Beretta Ar70 (SC-70)} AR70;

21 (iv) {Colt} AR-15, BUSHMASTER XM15, ARMALITE M15, OR OLYMPIC ARMS PCR;

22 (v) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, and FNC;

23 (vi) SWD M-10, M-11, M-11/9, and M-12;

24 (vii) Steyr AUG;

25 (viii) INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9 and TEC-22; {and}

26 (ix) revolving cylinder shotguns, such as (or similar to) the Street

27 Sweeper and Striker 12;

28 (X) AK, AKM, AKS, AK-47, AK-74, ARM, MAK90, MISR, NHM 90, NHM 91, SA

29 85, SA 93, VEPR;

30 (XI) AR-10;

31 (XII) CALICO LIBERTY;

32 (XIII) DRAGUNOV SVD SNIPER RIFLE OR DRAGUNOV SVU;

33 (XIV) HI-POINT CARBINE;

34 (XV) HK-91, HK-93, HK-94, OR HK-PSG-1;

35 (XVI) KEL-TEC SUB RIFLE;

36 (XVII) M1 CARBINE;

37 (XVIII) SAIGA;

38 (XIX) SAR-8, SAR-4800;

39 (XX) SKS WITH DETACHABLE MAGAZINE;

40 (XXI) SLG 95;

41 (XXII) SLR 95 OR 96;

42 (XXIII) STURM, RUGER MINI-14;

43 (XXIV) TAVOR;

44 (XXV) THOMPSON 1927, THOMPSON M1, OR THOMPSON 1927 COMMANDO;

45 (XXVI) CALICO M-110;

46 (XXVII) MAC-10, MAC-11, OR MPA3;

47 (XXVIII) OLYMPIC ARMS OA;

48 (XXIX) ARMSCOR 30 BG; AND

49 (XXX) SPAS 12 OR LAW 12; OR

50 (e) A CONVERSION KIT;

Looks like when I get home I have *LOTS* of emails to write!!!

yall better get to the STATE ASSEMBLY WEBSITE AND START EMAILING!!!

If you want, COPY my letter above, ADD THE TWO NEW BILL NUMBERS, to the beginning, and copy and paste it to EVERY GODDAMNED ASSEMBLYMEN YOU CAN!!!

I know THATS WHAT I WILL BE DOING!!!!!

march first is the vote date. you are too late.

those southern NYers ARE your problem......the few counties in NYC and long island, albany, syracuse that ARE democrat run, ARE the problem. they think that they have juridiction across the entire state. those laws will affect the ENTIRE state, not just southern NY.

TWO feet of snow in the backyard.... snow coming down... more on the way... and more snow to boot... other than that... theres still SNOW....

everything else seems about the same , no word on the ASSAULT WEAPONS Bills in the assembly....

although I think they PASSED one that allows it to SNOW SOME MORE...

and they have another in comittee discussing the potential for it to SNOW...

by the way, Dodge... I hope you like SNOW...

i dont know yet if the bills up for vote were submitted to state congress whatever you call it for reviewal and possible passage. I have to check i suppose......lots of posts to review today....

I got a reply today from one of the assembly members I emailed. Here it is:

"Dear Eric,

Thank you for your recent correspondence in opposition to Assembly Bill

and Senate Bill 02445. I appreciate your writing and keeping me

informed of

your views.

Assembly Bill 2466 amends the definition of assault weapon to include

additional weapons; defines the terms "detachable magazine", "muzzle

break"

and "muzzle compensator"; authorizes the division of state police to

promulgate rules and regulations for the addition of information

identifying

assault weapons lawfully possessed prior to January 1, 2006 to the

pistol

and revolver ballistic identification databank. This bill was

referred to

the Assembly Codes Committee on January 26, 2005. I voted against this

one

on Tuesday in Codes and will continue to appose if it gets to the

floor.

Senate Bill 2455 adds additional weapon models to the definition of an

assault weapon and adds related definitions. This bill was referred to

Senate Codes on February 15, 2005. You can be assured I will certainly

keep

your concerns in mind if this measure comes before me on the Assembly

floor

for a vote.

As you know, I have been - and continuer to be - a staunch supporter of

the

Second Amendment. You can be assured I will continue to fight to

preserve

the right to bear arms for all law-abiding New Yorkers.

If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,

David R. Townsend

Member of Assembly"

I was surprised I actually got a response. He sounds good to me.

BTW: what is that little thing that shows up under my member number that says Warn: 0% and has the little blue squares next to it?

Edited by emr454