Conversion without moving trigger

Hi, all of the writeups and topics on converting require moving the trigger forward to accommodate the pistol grip.

Since I live in The People's Republic of Massachusetts, I can not have the evil pistol grip. I have chosen to do the skeleton stock and leave my gun in it's legal, neutered state.

It seems that if you are going to do the conversion, you can not do it part way, you have to do the full job in order to be compliant. I am probably mistaken on this, but can I do the tapco trigger job without changing the stock and all the other fun stuff?

Thanks for the quick reply. Great writeup btw, I saved it for future possible conversion.

Read THIS post and it will give you a better idea of how the trigger group is ste up in the stock configuration.

You could move the FCG forward and use a stock like this:

AKS-002.jpg

Read THIS post and it will give you a better idea of how the trigger group is ste up in the stock configuration.

AKS-002.jpg

I'm pretty sure he can't. I lived in CT and we had similar laws. You can't have a pistol grip on a semi-automatic shotgun with removable mags. If it was a tube fed with under 5 rounds a pistol grip would be OK, but the magazines are the deal breaker. I would double check and be 100% sure.

ETA: A skeleton stock is considered a pistol grip for 'assault weapon' purposes but apparently not for import purposes. Our laws are silly.

Edited by Tacticool

Would a Komiefornia locking mag work in Mass? I don't know just putting something out there that might help. But, if they say "no detachable mags" , is this not the same crap Kommiefornia have? I hope that you can build it the way you want.

HUZZAH!!

Would a Komiefornia locking mag work in Mass? I don't know just putting something out there that might help. But, if they say "no detachable mags" , is this not the same crap Kommiefornia have? I hope that you can build it the way you want.

HUZZAH!!

Yeah but that would suck. CT didn't have a mag capacity restriction so at least I was able to get 10/12 rounds. I just finished restoring mine a couple days ago and other than one issue (safety not working), it sure feels and handles much better with the pistol grip. Personally I would leave it as is and see if 10 round mags are OK (with correct parts for 922r of course).

The obvious solution is to move to a free State.

The obvious but not the easiest.

Here's another Kommiefornia solution to your pistol grip problem.

http://www.monstermangrip.com/Home_Page.php

With that you can keep the detachable mag and have it converted too. However, in Kommiefornia, it must be a "featureless" build. Not sure what the laws are there regarding "features".

Here's another Kommiefornia solution to your pistol grip problem.

http://www.monstermangrip.com/Home_Page.php

With that you can keep the detachable mag and have it converted too. However, in Kommiefornia, it must be a "featureless" build. Not sure what the laws are there regarding "features".

Those look ergonomic!

AKS-002.jpg

Moe,

Do you know where I could get a stock like that or who makes it/what type of stock that is? I would like to get one if I could as I live in NY and part of the AWB does not allow "conspicuous pistol grips".

Thanks for any help.

What about THIS?

You can change the hammer and disconnector with a U.S. made ones, but then you must replace two more counted items to be in 922r compliant. You obviously could not use the trigger in the U.S. FCG.

I'm assuming that you want to do this in order to legally use High-cap mags?

Edited by TheDarkHorse

Funny, that was the exact thread that made me decide to swap out the stock. I bought it from one of the members here. I am not trying to swap out parts to do a larger mag conversion, I just could not stand the Monte stock. The law here in MA does not allow for a pistol grip, which is why I decided to go with the skeleton setup. Only problem is that every conversion I looked at had you moving the trigger group forward.

This is not possible with the setup I was hoping to run. So, I guess my original question still stands, has anyone done a conversion without moving the trigger group?

What about THIS?

You can change the hammer and disconnector with a U.S. made ones, but then you must replace two more counted items to be in 922r compliant. You obviously could not use the trigger in the U.S. FCG.

I'm assuming that you want to do this in order to legally use High-cap mags?

A HUGE +1 for what Moe said.......that Bulgarian thumbhole is an AWESOME stock. At $20, you can't beat the price either.

ETA: A skeleton stock is considered a pistol grip for 'assault weapon' purposes but apparently not for import purposes. Our laws are silly.

Got any actual evidence of this?

22 Shooter, how long did it take you to get your delivery from there?

The reason I ask is that I am going to be heading up to WNY this summer to my parent's house and I want to bring my S12's. That stock is the best looking option I have seen for a NY legal stock.

I know I can only bring 10round stick mags as well, correct?

22 Shooter, how long did it take you to get your delivery from there? I can't remember exactly how long, but I would guess a week. Maybe week and a half. I just remember it taking a little longer than most online purchases. But from what I hear, Tick Bite is a one-man operation, so I understand. Also just to give you a heads up if you order it from Tick Bite, I didn't receive any kind of shipping notice or anything (although I did get an order confirmation, obviously). It just showed up.

The reason I ask is that I am going to be heading up to WNY this summer to my parent's house and I want to bring my S12's. That stock is the best looking option I have seen for a NY legal stock.

I know I can only bring 10round stick mags as well, correct? Yes'sir.

A HUGE +1 for what Moe said.......that Bulgarian thumbhole is an AWESOME stock. At $20, you can't beat the price either.

Got any actual evidence of this?

I have the same stock for my NY legal build. As I recall from the federal ban that there was a decision that dragonuv stocks were considered pistol grips. I have not actually read the decision but there is no language in the NY AWB law that bans a skeleton stock or any thumbhole. I have no idea about the CT law maybe they specifically ban skeleton stocks?