Saiga 20 Flash Suppressor

I've been looking for a US made flash suppressor for for a Saiga 20 with the original Russian 20 threads. I've found a couple options on muzzle attachments, but none that mimic the Saiga 12 slotted flash suppressors. I'm looking for a flash suppressor type extension - not a choke, nut or AK-74 muzzle brake design.

Question - Is anyone manufacturing these at this time?

Thanks.

Edited by RDSWriter
I've been looking for a US made flash suppressor for for a Saiga 20 with the original Russian 20 threads. I've found a couple options on muzzle attachments, but none that mimic the Saiga 12 slotted flash suppressors. I'm looking for a flash suppressor type extension - not a choke, nut or AK-74 muzzle brake design.

Question - Is anyone manufacturing these at this time?

Thanks.

Good question.

But you can't use the "F" word.

Instead call it a "muzzle attachment doo-hickey"!

The AK74 muzzle attachment is a muzzle brake, not a flash hider. In fact, it can increase your flash, at least on an AK74.

I would be really happy if somebody would come out with a good flash suppressor threaded for S20's. And what's the big deal with calling it a flash suppressor? They aren't illegal. Are we going to start calling detachable magazines slip on holders, and pistol grips squeeze rods?

Or did I miss the smiley indicating sarcasm?

Wes

The AK74 muzzle attachment is a muzzle brake, not a flash hider. In fact, it can increase your flash, at least on an AK74.

I would be really happy if somebody would come out with a good flash suppressor threaded for S20's. And what's the big deal with calling it a flash suppressor? They aren't illegal. Are we going to start calling detachable magazines slip on holders, and pistol grips squeeze rods?

Or did I miss the smiley indicating sarcasm?

Wes

There was a little tiff on another thread about this so we're changing the syntax to be "PC"

Its a muzzle attachment doohicky.

Don't mind them.

They are trying to be funny. One of the vendors here is selling a "muzzle brake" (legal in all 50 states) but the actual device pictured is legally defined as a "flash suppressor" (a felony to install in ban states).

There is no issue with calling a flash hider a flash hider, but calling one a "muzzle brake" can land some folks in jail.

Used to be that someone would come out with something new for a Saiga and we were all excited.

Now apparantly we have to argue and correct each other over the proper nomenclature to be used when describing said new something.

And we have to take it upon ourselves to be the legal advisor to the uninformed or use-the-search-feature impaired..............

Used to be that someone would come out with something new for a Saiga and we were all excited.

Now apparantly we have to argue and correct each other over the proper nomenclature to be used when describing said new something.

And we have to take it upon ourselves to be the legal advisor to the uninformed or use-the-search-feature impaired..............

Yeah, let the ignorant rot in jail, right?

Exciting new products (which can potentially cause their excited new owners to end up in jail with a felony conviction) are great when they're labeled correctly.

Use the search? Almost nobody does it. Ever.

I would like to see some actual proof, where an otherwise law abiding citizen has actually had a felony conviction, for unknowingly screwing something on to his or her shotgun barrel that resembles an actual brake or FH on a rifle.

:Johnboy:

In NY it's perfectly fine to put a flash hider on your shotgun, it is never mentioned or implied in the AWB that shotguns can't have one. You can have any one of the following: "pistol grip, folding or telescoping stock, fixed magazine that holds more than 5 rounds, or a detachable magazine".