I'm glad that you asked that question.

This is something that a lot more people around here should learn to do.

If you look at the first page of every forum here on this board, you will notice at the top, a list of page numbers with the present one at the far left as #1.

Click on the ">>" symbol all the way to the right and you will get a history lesson.

This link will take you to the very first posts in the S-12 section, back in 2003.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showfo...all&st=8190

Anyone can do this, any time, in any forum. This is what I did, and read everything forward of that until I got caught up on all I had missed, back when I joined in 2004. It wasn't until I had read most everything here that I even posted. Not saying everyone should do like I did, but more people should go back in the archives and see what really shaped this place.

Cobra,

Although I did not ask the question, I have wondered that in the past as well. Thanks for responding to this post..I'm always up for a good read.

Sparky,

Great question and thank you for asking about it. I guess we can all learn something.

Honestly, not trying to be a dick but, I kind of assumed that this was common knowledge based on the fact that under Max's title it states that he "joined" 02/10/2003... -_-

Edited by Azrial

I remember the biggest arguments back then was that thumbhole stocks were considered pistol grips so if you installed one on your Saiga-12 the BATF would kick in your door at 2 a.m. and take you and the shotgun away. Of course this was during the "Assault Weapons" ban era madness. Only police and military could obtain the "Holy Grail" Russian 8-round magazines back then.

thank you cobra ,my wife is still teaching me how to use this computer,though i doubt i will ever use more than two fingers to type.i do know i would not trust my life to an assumption ,the grandpa Simpson thing is very funny,anyway why bother with a fight club ?it seems to be a negative contribution to a great club ?i spent most of yesterday looking at old post and all of the are still pertinent today so far.well thanks again ,going back to the dusty but relevant posts.