Saiga 12K or 12S

There are a few actual factory Saiga-12S shotguns that were imported for LEO that were later sold to the public, but other than those Cobra is correct none are available. That being said it is a simple matter to collect the correct parts and have one made up exactly like the factory ones. Just do your research, collect the parts, find a qualified builder (if you aren't qualified enough yourself), and have whichever version made up you want. Depending on what parts you use and how short of a barrel you want an ATF Form 1 and the proper paperwork may be in order if it is allowed in your local area.

the imported model in original config, was early, and was officially the saiga 12C

they are worth 1500-2000$ or more. thier foreign parts count makes them an exception to 922r as demonstration guns.

I want a hinged top cover w/ pic rail.

Who has those parts avail??? I have been looking...

I'll reply to the hijack, as the OP's question was answered.

To get the hinged top cover you will have to go to Russia, Finland, Greece or maybe Germany. They are not imported here.

Or you might modify a krink top cover, a rail for it is available here: Removed

You can get an AK cover with rail & sight if you don't need the hinge, but it will not fit the S12 without major modifications. Removed. These can be had with an AR or HK type sight.

You can get an AK cover with rail without sight, Removed

But once again it would require major modifications to fit a S12.

If you just want a hinged rail, you can choose between Krebs, Removed scrool down, or a beryl style http://dpharms.com/a...ach-p-1000.html, but I beleive most of these require a tang for mounting.

I want a hinged top cover w/ pic rail.

Who has those parts avail??? I have been looking...

I'll reply to the hijack, as the OP's question was answered.

To get the hinged top cover you will have to go to Russia, Finland, Greece or maybe Germany. They are not imported here.

Or you might modify a krink top cover, a rail for it is available here:

You can get an AK cover with rail & sight if you don't need the hinge, but it will not fit the S12 without major modifications. . These can be had with an AR or HK type sight.

You can get an AK cover with rail without sight,

But once again it would require major modifications to fit a S12.

If you just want a hinged rail, you can choose between Krebs, scrool down, or a beryl style http://dpharms.com/a...ach-p-1000.html, but I beleive most of these require a tang for mounting.

Thanks for the info, doesn't look like it will be too easy. My buddy owns property in sttutgart germany, and he is over there all the time. maybe I can get him to locate and ship me some parts!!!

the hinged part is a nice feature obviously, but i am mostly interested in the pic rail on the top cover. Tromix made one for a minute and a half before he got mad and took his ball home! besides they were extremely spendy. Plus,back then I was still without a Saiga so now I am looking for another option for optics mounting on top cover. Don't want to mount

the krebs and etc... are much too bulky for me and I am not leaving the tang so it is a mute option. but thanks

Just so you know,

I hijacked this thread because it was talking about converting over to a russia only style gun using unobtainium parts and instead of ressurecting an ancient thread or starting a thread re: hinged top plate, I decided to hijack this one... What should I have done?

Sorry to the OP for the hijack!! :ded:

I'm looking for a definitive answer on whether those awesome looking (in my opinion) 12K or 12S guns are available in the USA. So, one more time, are they?

You could scrounge the parts and get it converted. Spendy but worth it, to me.

I think my next project will be to find a way to convert this to a K style hinged cover.

post-3-12559219730102_thumb.jpg

Z

• 3 months later...

I'm looking for a definitive answer on whether those awesome looking (in my opinion) 12K or 12S guns are available in the USA. So, one more time, are they?

Hm, I do not know anything about Saiga's, except I just became an owner of one - tried to clean up the garage and traded an old car for 2008 Saiga 12. It came with the packing lists and manuals. But the manual is generic- it is for Saiga 12, 12- c, 12- k, 12c-EXP01. I can read Russian but I still can not figure out which one do I have Can someone kindly help me to figure out what in the worl do I have?

Hm, I do not know anything about Saiga's, except I just became an owner of one - tried to clean up the garage and traded an old car for 2008 Saiga 12. It came with the packing lists and manuals. But the manual is generic- it is for Saiga 12, 12- c, 12- k, 12c-EXP01. I can read Russian but I still can not figure out which one do I have Can someone kindly help me to figure out what in the worl do I have?

How about a picture of the gun. My guess is just a saiga 12 in sporting configuration

You got a Saiga-12 like all of us here, its the only one we can get here in the U.S.A.

Someone posted not long ago about a S-12C that was for sale.. for ~$3400. :eek: You could just buy an IZ-109, the appropriate parts, and pay a gunsmith to properly install em/alter the gun and spend a lot less than that.

Edit: here it is.

Also, I just looked at those pics again, and it looks to me as though the S-12C pictured doesn't even have a threaded barrel. I don't think a 12C is even remotely worth the average asking price, (unless you're a collector and money is no object).

Edited by post-apocalyptic

The hard part will be finding the parts.

It took me a year of scrounging to get all the hardware for mine, but then again I went the magwell and SVDS folder route which probably took the longest. Right now the 5.5mm trunnion hardware is nearly non existant. Stocks can be found but not the trunnion, though I guess you could do a 4.5mm trunnion because the parts are easier to find.

I can't say $3400 is unreasonable for a true S12C, from a collector's perspective. I wouldn't pay it but when you get into authentic made Russian weapons and not US converted lookalikes, you are into a whole different world. That side of the house isn't about what works best, it's about being as real Russian as you can get. Someone will probably buy it because they will have one of the 200 odd true S12C's imported. I'm not that guy but I could see why someone would go for it.

Reminds me of the PSL vs Dragunov debate. The PSL actually shoots about as well as the SVD does and costs about 1/10 of the price of a real Russian rifle. For some people they could never imagine paying 10 times more for a rifle that shoots the same. To an enthusiast who knows what a Dragunov really is there is no substitute because at the end of the day you have a real Dragunov made at Izhmash the same as the Russian military uses. To some people that's worth more than the dollar cost ever will be.

Just my .02

Z