ok so i love the mosin, dont ask me why i just do. i have 2 set up in original sniper configuration but i want to do something different with the third. Does anybody know of any company that makes a bull barrel for this rifle. i have looked all over hell and cant seem to find anything. i know i could get a blank, but i dont have access to a lathe or any tools to cut the barrel. also i was thinking about trying to fit a psl mag to it. has anybody done this, oppinions. i know there are other rifles that would be a better build such as mausers remy 700s etc but i want a bull barrel nagant.

Well, I hate to do it to you but, if you're looking for the holy grail of Mosin Nagant, you should check out the Mosin Nagant 28/76 Marksmanship Rifle!

http://www.estonianarms.com/2876.htm

I got one off of Empire Arms, from Dennis, it fucking rocks, the stock is gorgeous, the sights are minutely adjustable, the action is smooth as hell, and the trigger pull is like butter.

Dennis still has some in stock, though you're going to pay a premium for it, though IMO it is worth the price. Dennis has a note which says "SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!", more like when you get the rifle you will be satisfied, period!

http://www.empirearms.com/ --- Select Military Rifles on the left and scroll down.

tried pac nor they said all they could do was a blank. kingarmory if you end up doing the m44 please please post pics on the forum.

Of course. Who else would drop $500-1000 bucks pimping an $80 gun besides us? :super:

I looked into adapting a Mosin to accept PSL magazines a while back, and eventually arrived at the conclusion that it would be too difficult to bother with. Since the magazine body and trigger guard are all one piece, you'd probably have to design and mill a brand new trigger guard and magazine well, as well as modifying the stock to accept the new setup. You might also have to modify the bottom of the receiver in order to seat the magazine high enough for the bolt to strip rounds out of the magazine. It'd be a very nice mod if someone could do it, I just lack the skills, resources and time... You know, the three things you'd need to do it...

Edited by Shandlanos
  • 1 month later...

It might be cool to do since it would be a very unique piece, but for my money and time I'd prefer to just get a PSL...

vbrtrmn, why must you tease me with sexy C&R guns..? :cryss:

There were some Nagants that were made with mags. They were an experiment from the factory sometime around the begining of ww2. There were only a few made, all in musiums I believe and they came to the conclussion that Nagants should be left they way they are. The SVT covered the semi part.

Edited by Arik