If its "on" I will try. A little rain doesnt bother me.

I would be coming for the afternoon with a friend, from 12578

YES! The event continues to grow!

Ben, it would be great to see you. I don't envision that you will be able to "rake" the entire range with your fire-stick like you did in Myakka though. Based on the pictures Indy posted, I am sure his place is verrry nice, BUT it might be just a tad more intimate shoot than that was in FL. I doubt there will be any FA "toys" here either :(

Good guys (maybe even gals will come), good grub, good guns. What more would it take for a good day? I'm stoked!

Yeh, I think everyone had at least one 33 caliber hole in all of their targets from me that day :)

Im gonna try. This is the only weekend on my trip home that I am not going to be up on a roof working, but Ill try to swing out for a couple of hours, if at all possible. My friends might be throwing me an early birthday kegger, and if that happens, I cant exactly ditch it (nothing quite like pissing off 75 hippie liberals). I promise that if I DONT make it, Ill go up in the woods with the Indian and shoot down a tree in your honor :) Really would like to meet ya'll, especially those of you that I have known on here for years.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone can smoke all they want... I will have trashcans around for unsaved brass/hulls/trash/cans/butts/etc.... Maybe you will have your own 5 gallon bucket wth an inch of water in the bottom all to yourself! :up: I am an EX smoker, so I dont fault anyone for firing up... I loved it for a LOT of years... ( hell I still do... LOL) so smoke away! just dont mind me if I wind up next to you now and then inhaling deeply now and then... LOL ( second hand isnt REALLY smoking, now is it?!?!? :unsure: )

I will be borrowing my buddies DO-ALL thrower. so yes... clays will be there!

As far as you guys out of state... like Scoutjoe... If you can just DRIVE UP... there will be enough food and toys for you!! We would love to have you join us if you could!

My other half will be at a trap shoot that day, so she wont be able to make it... my kids will be there though... they are the "runners" or "slaves" as I like to call them... they do the target setup, and stuff like that. :lol:

:smoke:

Wow... Only 2 weeks till zero hour... I have a lot to do... LOL

so let me see if I have this correct... for attendance purposes...

22shooter

Nailbomb

Akastormi

Fatboy

Citizen Bob

Citizen Bob's "Saigaless buddy"

The possibly's:

MCPNY

Bvamp

Bvamp's "friend"

RalphXL

The pussies who whined too much and should have just shut their pie hole and said they would show up...

ScoutJoe ( :lol::lol: )

If I have missed anyone, please let me know... :up:

The only problems I can forsee so far is trying to figure out where to have the "Trap range" as most of my property has a LOT of trees... I MAY have to have that down the road out over the soybean field... but we can all decide later on that issue... not a huge deal... I am sure I can make it work someplace. :up:

Oh... and no one is allowed to shoot the chicken. :chicken:

OH PLEASE!!!! Give me more reason. I'm bored and making the next generation in golf ball launchers now. I will have extras. Prelim testing has at 50 yards, a no see launch and a "OH Shit dent" in a 18' diam. pine tree. I think I'm on to something. Return fire is a gimmy.

Edited by akastormi
The pussies who whined too much and should have just shut their pie hole and said they would show up...

ScoutJoe ( :lol::lol: )

Don't make me start launching golf balls north....

BRING IT!!!!

Just so long as you are doing it in my lower yard... :lol::up:

I made some of the next evolution.

IMG_1708.jpg

They fit any standard size muzzle/ launcher. Pic is a Daewoo, MAS49, FAL and Yugo SKS.

I did make 5. I brought one over to Nailbomb's yesterday, popped off a few golfballs.

He took his Yugo SKS back in the house to put it away and the launcher never came back out.

I guess I don't own that one anymore. :lol:

I did make 5. I brought one over to Nailbomb's yesterday, popped off a few golfballs.

He took his Yugo SKS back in the house to put it away and the launcher never came back out.

I guess I don't own that one anymore. :lol:

Pretty much! I'll still bring it to the shoot though!

stormi made some really nice ones, i couldn't be happier with mine.

I was launching golf balls today:-)

Did you try it on the AR? I knew you were gonna end up with one, kinda planned on it.

I dont mind the launcher, Happy Birthday, the balls were free, but your gonna owe me for the blanks. LOL

stormi made some really nice ones, i couldn't be happier with mine.

I was launching golf balls today:-)

Did you try it on the AR? I knew you were gonna end up with one, kinda planned on it.

I dont mind the launcher, Happy Birthday, the balls were free, but your gonna owe me for the blanks. LOL

I'm saving the .223 blanks for the shoot. I'm not bringing the yugo to the shoot, so thats what i've been using.

I wanted to update EVERYONE that plans to attend... And I FORGOT to PM this to yall...

BRING BUG REPELLENT of your choice... I have a splendid assortment of mosquitoes and deer flies.

Also... Since I am thinking of bugs and stuff... If anyone is allergic to bees... bring your epi-pen just in case... I have only been stung once last year when I discovered that a yellowjackets nest was right behind the vinyl siding by the front porch light... and I was testing my keys in the door, and thought it was deer flies buzzing me... WRONG!! Talk about a BIG WHOOPS!! Needless to say with the use of chemical warfare... I had committed genocide on the that nest... :up:

No problems THIS year though... :up: ( well, cept the honey bees but they wont bother you less you go poking a stick in their front door hole... :lol: )

If I have not PM'd anyone who still wants to attend, please let me know!

Thanks!! :up:

Mike

I'm not going to be able to make the shoot. :( .

On our recent trip out of town, my girl and I decided to just bump up our move to SC, to October 1st. Neither of us have jobs down there yet (risky, I know), so we're both going to be putting in as much overtime as possible and working our normal days off as much as we can, up until the move, to put as much $$ away as possible.

Sorry for the somewhat last minute notice. Indy, I appreciate the offer and it sucks I'm going to have to miss out. I was looking forward to meeting you bastards guys :D .

So maybe if down the road, when I come back up to NY for a holiday or something, we can do something.

(Technically, I could probably still make it, but I sleep during the day so I would be dead to the world when I went into work that night :ded::lol: .)

Have fun, fellas........and dump a mag or 10 for me.

That is a TOTAL BUMMER, bro... But, I understand that things happen... What ya going to do? Ya gotta make the ends meet!! :dollar: :dollar:

We will dump a few mags for ya, bro... And we will split up your chunk of the bacon bomb... :devil:

We will just have to schedule the SECOND one for a time when you CAN attend!! :up:

That is a TOTAL BUMMER, bro... But, I understand that things happen... What ya going to do? Ya gotta make the ends meet!! :dollar: :dollar:

We will dump a few mags for ya, bro... And we will split up your chunk of the bacon bomb... :devil:

We will just have to schedule the SECOND one for a time when you CAN attend!! :up:

Whoa, wait a minute.............bacon bomb? No one said anything about bacon before. I may have to rethink this whole thing. Bacon is a weakness of mine :lol: .

Seriously though, keep me updated on any future shoots around the holidays, as I foresee myself and my girl definitely coming back to NY for holidays and such. All of our families are here in NY.

Well, 22_shooter...

Rumor has it...

I'm in, I'll probably be riding with stormi, and we might have another friend coming(cannot verify).

I'm considering bringing along a bacon explosion. to throw on the grill...

I cant GUARANTEE that it will happen... but I have hear mention of the POSSIBILITY... we wont mention NAMES of who would be the benefactor... :rolleyes:

If it was said, it will be there! I heard it today also, he's going shopping for the fixins. Oh lord my stomach is feeling it already, but it's so damn good!!!

22Shooter

Get off your wineass, pack your bags, show the hell up!!!!

I will personally feed you REDBULLS all day, wire you up for the week, sleep is SO over rated.

If you dont..... well I'll still open my door to you anytime for rounds down range.

But this is BY NO MEANS to be used as an excuse for not attending.

The last time i did it is was 3 lbs of thick sliced hickory smoked bacon, and 2 lbs of ground sausage... You put a slice on a kaiser roll with some pepper jack cheese, and Dinosaur BBQ sauce and its like heaven...

This Pic is of the first one I made. Its a full 5 Lb log...

05_02_09_1645.jpg

If it was said, it will be there! I heard it today also, he's going shopping for the fixins. Oh lord my stomach is feeling it already, but it's so damn good!!!

22Shooter

Get off your wineass, pack your bags, show the hell up!!!!

I will personally feed you REDBULLS all day, wire you up for the week, sleep is SO over rated.

If you dont..... well I'll still open my door to you anytime for rounds down range.

But this is BY NO MEANS to be used as an excuse for not attending.

:lol:

I used to be able to run off of 3 hours sleep, and be fine at my last job (pass out around 2AM, and be to work by 5:30AM). But this past year, working 3rd shift........sucks. It's messing with me :ded: .

Thanks for the offer to shoot at your place, though.

Like I said, hopefully sometime in the future, we all can do something.

(That "bacon-bomb" looks mighty tempting though :greedy: )

22 shooter, dont you worry... There will be pictures of THAT posted for all to drool over!!! and as I said... we will let you know who got to eat YOUR slice of heaven!!

Nailbomb... You da MAN!!! :up:

It better quit fuckin raining SOON... or yall better wear your galoshes!!! ( or your rubbers... whichever... ROFL!! :lol: )

We got 2 inches of rain yesterday... 1.5" all at once in about a half hour period... needless to say theres a lot of wet spots around... my lower yard is one of them as the creek overflowed its banks...

Since we are scheduled to have sun and dry till next week I am hopeful it will dry up and be mowable before saturday...

Otherwise... well... we shoot in a wet, squishy, long grassed lawn... LOL

The upper range section ( 75 yard ) will be normal, though...

4 days to go folks... See you all then!!

OK... TWO DAYS till the event... and so far, everything is shaping up to be great... the weather looks like its going to be perfect, other than maybe a bit too warm... but thats better than rain!!

I have the property mowed, so thats all set...

I have everything I think I need except the ice, rolls, and one grill fully gassed, which I will do tomorrow... The ice and the rolls will be done Saturday morning.

I have all the fixings as far as I can tell... and will have enough stuff to feed everyone even if you dont bring anything... so bring an appetite... I am going to do a bacon-BBQ-pork loin... as well as 10 pounds of hot dogs, and enough venison that Dr. Frankenstein could build us a boneless deer! :up: I have 20 different kinds of sodas and 2 cases of water.

I got the do-all thrower for clays, and four 135 bird cases of Lowreys. As well as almost 4 other cases of mix and match older birds that were laying around... including mini's midi's and battues.

I mowed the hill across from my aunts house by the soybean field, so we can do the clays out over that field, I think that will be the best place for it, but I am open to suggestion from yall when you show up...

My number is in the earlier pages of this thread... if anyone needs to contact me for any reason, please feel free to call me. If I DONT ANSWER LEAVE A MESSAGE!!

I may not be on tomorrow after 2:30 PM... and not at all Saturday... so this will probably be my last communication on this event for the forums...

Again... if anyone wants to attend... they are welcome!!

See you all Saturday!!! :up:

Mike :smoke: