My ak-101 clone... sort of

I didn't have time to get any really great pictures of this one, as I was kind of in a rush adn the lighting was terrible, but I did promise to get pics up when I got this in. I didn't go all out on this on like I did on my 103, as this one was just kind of a fun build. I didn't do the dimples or the punch welds, and I've also opted for the Bulgarian slotted flash hider over the '74 style for personal preferance. I wasn't able to get a lugged gas block. I had it set up for the orlite galil magazines. I used an East German sling, and a K-var 100 series folder instead of the much more rare [and much more expensive] russian one. All in all though, it's still a fully converted .223 saiga and it still looks great. It runs fantastic. I hope to get out and shoot is with my silencer and test that out soon, and will get some more/better pictures then. Enjoy!

ak101.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Looks very nice!! Looks like the AK-101 for sure. Russian built for sure. Kalashnikov himself said back in the '60s if it's not Russian built, it's not an AK. So in that regrards, according to the General, the Saigas converted may be "MORE" AK than those ones made in Yugoslovia, or Bulgaria, etc.