JT Engineering magwells for sale

I have a listing for the magwells on my site for purchase at this time. There will be 50 available on the first run and they will ship by 8/6/09. http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/se...il?sfs=4b75ed70

Any items purchased with these will ship at the same time when they are in.

Thanks,

Greg

I might have missed this elsewhere but are there any photos available for this part?

I hope to have some pics up in the next day or so.

I might have missed this elsewhere but are there any photos available for this part?

HI Greg,

On your site you say JT Engineering Competition Magwell designed for use with modified Surefire magazines. What mod need to be done to make it work?

HI Greg,

On your site you say JT Engineering Competition Magwell designed for use with modified Surefire magazines. What mod need to be done to make it work?

Lots of info about it here: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=33243&hl=

Another advantage to this magwell would be to allow a foreward pistol grip to be moved back for a better ergonomical balance. Currently my grip is too far foreward because the rock and lock magazine gets in the way. Once I install this magwell and the mags drop straight down, I expect that I could move my pistol grip back due to the fact that the mag will no long get in the way. Any thoughts?

Edited by Crusader
Another advantage to this magwell would be to allow a foreward pistol grip to be moved back for a better ergonomical balance. Currently my grip is too far foreward because the rock and lock magazine gets in the way. Once I install this magwell and the mags drop straight down, I expect that I could move my pistol grip back due to the fact that the mag will no long get in the way. Any thoughts?

That is a good point on the vertical grip. You can move it back more.

The mods needed to the mags are basically shaving the front lip off and a few small spots. The instructions are included with pictures of the magazine mods.

Greg

Finally got time to get the pics of the new magazine well. It is designed primarily for the Surefire Magazines, but I have modified some for use with the AGP Magazines also.

Parts which are also on this particular Saiga 12 are the 2 Piece JTE Sight Mount, JTE sliding safety, and the extended magazine release which should be used in conjunction with the magazine well to facilitate fast reloads without removing the hand from the pistol grip.

Thanks all,

Jack Travers

Millennium Custom/JT Engineering

561 317-9096

jdtravers@hotmail.com

wwwmcguns.com

post-11998-1249168411_thumb.jpg

Stubby VFG is the way to go. Do you really need a massive 6 inch handlebar sticking out of the bottom of your gun? Besides, gigantic VFG's only encourage "choking the chicken".

If you want to experiment with a stubby for cheap, get a Tapco and chop it. The rubber bottom plug can be reinserted in the shortened grip and it will look like new.

Stubby VFG is the way to go. Do you really need a massive 6 inch handlebar sticking out of the bottom of your gun? Besides, gigantic VFG's only encourage "choking the chicken".

If you want to experiment with a stubby for cheap, get a Tapco and chop it. The rubber bottom plug can be reinserted in the shortened grip and it will look like new.

I did try that with a CAA grip. It just is not the same. To move it back as far as I want it to go, it would haVE to be cut down to almost 1 inch. I think that this magwell with a regular sized grip is the best solution.

Finally got time to get the pics of the new magazine well. It is designed primarily for the Surefire Magazines, but I have modified some for use with the AGP Magazines also.

Parts which are also on this particular Saiga 12 are the 2 Piece JTE Sight Mount, JTE sliding safety, and the extended magazine release which should be used in conjunction with the magazine well to facilitate fast reloads without removing the hand from the pistol grip.

Thanks all,

Jack Travers

Millennium Custom/JT Engineering

561 317-9096

jdtravers@hotmail.com

wwwmcguns.com

post-11998-1249168411_thumb.jpg

Jack, you mention that the magwell will need some additional "modification" to work with modded AGP mags.

My question is, after doing the AGP mod, will that cause any problems using the Surefire mags?

TIA

bc

Get in touch with SaigaNoobie. I think he is running this magwell.

I'm running the Gen1 AGP magwell currently, but by this week i'll have the Gen2 Surefire Magwell on the gun. I'm excited to hack up my $55 Surefire mags! :)

I talked with Jack about this because I couldn't get my AGPs to work with the 2nd generation mag well. The way I understood it is that he has to make the inside of the mag well .03" bigger to accept the AGPs, if you get surefire mags later you would have to add a shim to them like on the first gen mag well.

I have sent some Moded Magwells to Carolina Shooters, that are already opened up to accept the AGP magazines. The two mags (Surefire/AGPs) have a difference of about 30 thousands when they are locked into a Saiga between them.

It is best to call me and I can explain the options rather than my staying on the forum answering questions.

Regards,

Jack

561 317-9096

I have sent some Moded Magwells to Carolina Shooters, that are already opened up to accept the AGP magazines. The two mags (Surefire/AGPs) have a difference of about 30 thousands when they are locked into a Saiga between them.

It is best to call me and I can explain the options rather than my staying on the forum answering questions.

Regards,

Jack

561 317-9096

I have the AGP magazine magwells listed seperate.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/se...il?sfs=9288fbd2

Surefire magazine magwells.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/se...il?sfs=9288fbd2

Got mine installed. Looks like this might prevent the from lips from breaking on certain mags. The mag is much better supported with less stress on the front lip. I love being able to bring my vertical foregrip back for better balance. I noticed that I can load a loaded mag with the bolt closed with the only force to overcome is the mag spring tension. Kind of like loading a load pistol mag in a pistol that has the slide closed. Dry cycling went well for both 2 3/4in and 3in. Will live fire tomarrow.

Likes like a nice product!

If it would not mean that I would have to abandon my MD Arms Drum, I would be ordering two today!

Actually that should not stop you. This magwell is held on by three screws. You can take it off when you want to fire your drum and put it back on when you want super fast mag change overs.

Edited by Crusader