New S12 owner

I've been lurking around here reading posts for a few weeks now and finally decided to introduce myself.

Needless to say, y'all convinced me to "join the club" and get a S12. Brought her home from the shop this evening. Just finished disassembling and inspecting her and removing the factory oil and grease. Unfortuantely I live in Commiefornia and have to live with the stupid and ugly bullet button on it. At least on my AR's the RadLocks don't look so goofy. Oh well, just the price we opressed Californians have to live with for now. Planning on liberating myself as soon as possible and fleeing this overtaxed lib state in the near future anyway.

I can't wait to go test her out tomorrow with some AGP 10 rounders. I'm really looking forward to converting her as soon as I order the parts. You've got some really great conversion threads here!

Anyway, You've got a outstanding forum here with a lot of great information. Glad to be here and glad to meet ya.

Hi; I am new here too but I am from Washington state. Gun laws are pretty lax here. If you don't have any DV or felonies or have been committed to a mental institution you're entitled to a concealed pistol permit. ...I wonder if that is everywhere now??? anyway just wanted to ask what a 'bullet button' is??? A safety lock??

and I forgot to mention no state income tax.

Edited by TO THE FLOOR IN A 63
Hi; I am new here too but I am from Washington state. Gun laws are pretty lax here. If you don't have any DV or felonies or have been committed to a mental institution you're entitled to a concealed pistol permit. ...I wonder if that is everywhere now??? anyway just wanted to ask what a 'bullet button' is??? A safety lock??

Welcome to the forum. I am also in Washington although just barely, but that means no income tax and when I shop I go to Oregon and there is no sales tax. I just got my appt. date to get my Oregon CHL, and will get my Washington one soon. The Washington one is a lot easier to get than the Oregon one, in Oregon you have to go to a gun safety class and get a certificate first.

A bullet button is a magazine release button that has to be pushed with a "tool" or in this case a bullet, instead of just your finger. I don't live in Cal but I go visit there sometimes so I know a little bit about their gun laws. To tell you the truth I usually just carry a big six-gun when I go there.

Welcome to the forum. I am also in Washington although just barely, but that means no income tax and when I shop I go to Oregon and there is no sales tax. I just got my appt. date to get my Oregon CHL, and will get my Washington one soon. The Washington one is a lot easier to get than the Oregon one, in Oregon you have to go to a gun safety class and get a certificate first.

Sounds like you're in a good spot. I had about $6,000 worth of river rafting equipment to buy a few weeks ago and that made it worth the trip from the Puget Sound area to Portland for no sales tax.

A bullet button is a magazine release button that has to be pushed with a "tool" or in this case a bullet, instead of just your finger. I don't live in Cal but I go visit there sometimes so I know a little bit about their gun laws. To tell you the truth I usually just carry a big six-gun when I go there.

Only in California...(having grown up there)

Never mind ... found them on the internet.

Edited by TO THE FLOOR IN A 63

You can always try the nice Montana winters! I think our gun laws are about 3 paragraphs long. No, really it's less than one freakin' page. I love Montana. Open carry, no magazine restrictions, $5 sawed off shotgun tax stamps, and so on and so forth. We can shoot in the woods too! Or on private property outside of city limits, which is most of the state. Just knock on a ranchers door and ask if he wants his gophers shot. That's a good day of shooting. Plus most of the women do have teeth!

Or you can move next door to Arizona. :D Our gun laws are much more sane here. I think there are only two restrictions... 1) There can be a maximum of one boom for every trigger activation and 2) The weapon must be less than 1.5 tons in total mass.

There might be more to it than that, but hell if it has affected me any.

I have to disagree, the Oregon one is a joke, you simply, listen to a guy talk for about an hour, there is not test, and its not a real gun safety course, just a guy talking about non related ccw things, then we are a will issue state :)

And unlike the liberal state of Washington, we have reciprocity with other states, like Idaho and Montana, but Washington does not even recognize Oregon's ccw license.

Oregon is however ran by Northern Oregon which is totally the communist leftist, Hate all things good crowd.

You can always try the nice Montana winters! I think our gun laws are about 3 paragraphs long. No, really it's less than one freakin' page. I love Montana. Open carry, no magazine restrictions, $5 sawed off shotgun tax stamps, and so on and so forth. We can shoot in the woods too! Or on private property outside of city limits, which is most of the state. Just knock on a ranchers door and ask if he wants his gophers shot. That's a good day of shooting. Plus most of the women do have teeth!

I love Montana, I am trying to relocate there and get out of my leftist state, Montana is great, they hate government intrusion, and do not trust the federal government on many levels at all.

I just got back from Kalispell to research relocating. Favorable trapping laws too :)

Hi there,

I just picked up my first saiga 12 also after lurking this forum for a while. I am also stuck in California where we have various state laws that apply to semi auto shotguns with detachable magazines.

For those in the free states, California defines a semi auto shotgun with a detachable magazine as an "assault weapon" in this "great" state. In order to comply with the laws and how us Californians can get saiga 12's, we are required to have something called a "bullet button" which is a magazine lock type installed on the magazine release where it does not allow us to detach the magazine with our fingers but requires a tool of some sort to reach the magazine release. This by definition makes the saiga 12 considered to NOT have a detachable magazine anymore even though we can detach it using a tool.

California also has a law where if a semi auto shotgun has a pistol grip installed, it CANNOT have a folding stock or vice versa. As in, you can either choose to have a pistol grip OR a folding stock but not both.

Isn't this state fun? :haha:

I have to disagree, the Oregon one is a joke, you simply, listen to a guy talk for about an hour, there is not test, and its not a real gun safety course, just a guy talking about non related ccw things, then we are a will issue state :)

And unlike the liberal state of Washington, we have reciprocity with other states, like Idaho and Montana, but Washington does not even recognize Oregon's ccw license.

Oregon is however ran by Northern Oregon which is totally the communist leftist, Hate all things good crowd.

In Washington there is no class to sit through, it is just pay money, fill out forms and fingerprint. I had to write a letter to the Sheriff in Oregon explaining why I wanted an Oregon CHL and sit through 2 hours of a common sense gun safety class. Not that I am saying it is hard to get an Oregon CHL, just that it is easier to get one in Washington, and yes it is cool that a few other states recognize Oregon permits (Alaska, Arizona, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah,

Vermont) however i dont usually go to any of those states.