quick ? on md-drum covers.

are their any strength differences on the clear vs. smoke vs. black covers? it looks like the black one would be stronger than the clear or smoke colored one. this is probably a dumb ? but i had to through it out there. the md arms site said their made of the same material. i was just wondering about any personal experiences or any info in general. thanks jr,

No personal direct experience with the MD covers, but usually the carbon added to make the plastic adds UV protection and some flexibility. My experience is clear plastics break down and become brittle faster. MD Arms may have added a UV protector to their clear covers, I don't know.

Unless it was left outside for a long period, that wouldn't even be a factor.

I started to order the black for that reason, but then I thought about being able to see how many shells was left would be nice, so I got the smoked.

No personal direct experience with the MD covers, but usually the carbon added to make the plastic adds UV protection and some flexibility. My experience is clear plastics break down and become brittle faster. MD Arms may have added a UV protector to their clear covers, I don't know.

Unless it was left outside for a long period, that wouldn't even be a factor.

I started to order the black for that reason, but then I thought about being able to see how many shells was left would be nice, so I got the smoked.

The covers are made out of UV stabilized polycarbonate.

are their any strength differences on the clear vs. smoke vs. black covers? it looks like the black one would be stronger than the clear or smoke colored one. this is probably a dumb ? but i had to through it out there. the md arms site said their made of the same material. i was just wondering about any personal experiences or any info in general. thanks jr,

I have stated there is no strength difference but there actually is. It is so small of a difference from one to the other that it is not going to make one difference in anything you use it for. Strength shouldn't be a factor in picking a cover. Everyone needs to get the style they want.

But technically what people assume is actually the opposite.

Clear is the strongest, followed by smoke, and black is the weakest. The more pigment added to make the smoke and black color... the less pure and weaker the material.